Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #31
Kbelle

I've done Wendy (for Halloween, such a blast), and am dying to do Anastasia, Jane from Tarzan, and Vanessa as well, since I've seen some awesome Vanessa costumes on here.
Kbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #32
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

I've done the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, and my friends are trying to rope me into a Mary Poppins group (I'd be Mary, seeing as I'm the only one of us who makes and wears dresses).

There's others I'd like to do, too. I was just thinking the other day how fun Captain Hook cosplay would be, and I've been off and on entertaining the idea of cosplaying Scarlett from Pirates of the Caribbean for a while.

Also, servants/furniture from Beauty and the Beast needs to happen. Many years ago, I was in my high school's production of Beauty and the Beast, and the crazy costumes were the most fun part. I was a plate!
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #33
Kbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
I've done the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, and my friends are trying to rope me into a Mary Poppins group (I'd be Mary, seeing as I'm the only one of us who makes and wears dresses).

There's others I'd like to do, too. I was just thinking the other day how fun Captain Hook cosplay would be, and I've been off and on entertaining the idea of cosplaying Scarlett from Pirates of the Caribbean for a while.

Also, servants/furniture from Beauty and the Beast needs to happen. Many years ago, I was in my high school's production of Beauty and the Beast, and the crazy costumes were the most fun part. I was a plate!
My friends and I had so much fun at Mickey's Halloween Party that we now have costumes planned until about 2020. Last year was Peter Pan (I'd really recommend doing Hook, as ours had fun and "the" Hook had a blast when he spotted us at Disneyland), this is Beauty and the Beast, complete with all the supporting cast of teapot, candlestick, featherduster, etc. Next year is Mary Poppins, and I'm still going back and forth between regular MP (my friend has claimed "Jolly Holiday" MP) and a penguin. So far, the penguin is winning.
Unread 03-04-2011, 01:47 AM   #34
Aurora's Heart

I have done Meg (though I need better pics as mine came out all blurry), Elizabeth Swan (though I bought the dress so, I'm not sure if that really counts), Susan Pevensie in the green dress from the first Narnia that belongs to Disney. She's technicaly a Queen too.

I plan on doing Vidia, Maleficent, and would love to try and pull off Boo though unless I get a really tall Sully "Kitty" it won't look right.(I'm way too tall *sigh*) I would love to run around as Stitch if I ever get ambitious enough to learn the inner workings of a fur suit. I have been thinking of making a Merryweather costume for my mom so we can cosplay together. I could make Auora's mom for her too but she has such beautiful dark brown hair which is perfect for Merryweather. My absolute dream would be to make the Maleficent dragon costume. I have been thinking how possible it would be to actually make a costume that transforms from witch to dragon. (everyone I know thinks I'm crazy ) I would also love to make a Demona cosplay from Gargoyles. It would be nice to have it for when Marina Sirtis comes back to my local sci-fi con. I'm sure she'd love it.
Unread 03-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #35
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

I'm so happy that I finally got my Smee shirt... Again, as my body type is different, it will not be the same... Rather, it will be a version that will fit my body type which is like tall and thin as opposed to short and fat...

knitting the hat... I need a smaller needle size in order to get the right gauge... Gaaah!!! Oh well, I'm just slowly building up my knitting needle collection...

Since I'll be saving most of my money on a dance pole to help stay in shape (for a good quality, it isn't expensive... but... it still is) , I don't know whether after the play I should wear it to conventions like I do with my red kimono when my theatre group decided this live 50s sitcom... It was a play about people getting ready and putting on a play... weird... But I might consider it...

There is also a 90's Fox cartoon version of Peter Pan and... I kind of like Wendy in that... though I'm afraid people would think I'm Amelia from Slayers since they do look a lot alike... Starkey's outfit also looks awesome... though... he looks like Gaston except a little more feminine... He is kind of a fruit...

Still... Starkey is like my favorite character in that non-Disney Peter Pan adaptation which was actually really, really good...

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 03-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #36
Kbelle

Our Smee was a tall, insanely thin Asian guy. People didn't get it so much when it was just me and him for a bit until everyone else got there, but once they saw Peter and Hook with it, they figured it out. I'm sure people will get it, especially if you have the hat and striped shirt.

We got one "Oh look, Wendy with a pirate!" The rest of it was "Giselle!" (that one I could kinda see) and "Omg, I love your Cinderella dress! Where did you get it?" (this one left me shaking my head every time, especially when a CM did it).
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #37
candyintherain

My friends and I are doing a non-disney princess group (as in, Anastasia, Thumbelina, Odette from the Swan Princess, and Kayley from Quest for Camelot).
candyintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #38
LovelyOmen
Immortal Being

I've done Sally for Halloween. Her makeup was a pain in the ass, though! I'm almost done with Peter Pan, and I plan to do Maleficent in the future.
LovelyOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #39
Formalhaut
Adepta Sororitas

just wanna point out: anastacia is NOT disney its a Twentieth Century Fox Film. I am working on an alice costume now
Formalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #40
sagittarius_1
Galactic Fairy

I'm thinking of doing a Tiger Lily cosplay next year, with my Boyfriend going as Captain Hook >D

@candyintherain: OMG!!! Thumbelina, Kayley, AND Odette? SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I love Anastasia too, but the other three deserve more love then they get!!!!

...nm I forgot Tiger Lily was a Princess /fail

Sheryl Nome { artbook version } x o4o %
Velvet { standard } x o3o %

Last edited by sagittarius_1 : 04-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.
sagittarius_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #41
Kbelle

Formalhaut - The Anastasia people are referencing is Anastasia Tremaine from Cinderella. She and Drizella seem like they would be so much fun to do.

Sagittarius - It's ok. Tiger Lily gets like, zero love anyway, so everyone forgets she is technically a Disney Princess. I forgot, and Peter Pan is my favorite movie!

I just realized that I have some purple fabric I picked up to make a costume for a toga party 5 years ago, that I ended up not attending. It may get turned into Meg, if I have enough, as it keeps calling to me to do something with it.
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #42
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I'm working on a Blue Fairy! :3 I've got all my fabric - and ho damn, it's lot more than you'd think! @__@ There's my shimmery blue for the dress, my sheer shimmery blue for the sleeves, my sheer white for the wings, and my navy blue satin for the brooch and belt.

I think aside from the general cult status of Pinocchio even for a Disney hit, and aside from the fact that most of the movie is nightmare fuel, part of the reason you don't see her cosplayed a lot is because of how gorram inconsistent the references are in terms of what is/isn't see through and what is/isn't glittery. XD But I think part of why I wanted to show her love via cosplay is because she gets so little.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt

Last edited by jukebox : 04-16-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typos
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #43
Rivenchan

I just finished up a movie accurate (well, as close as I could get anyway, even the movie changed a bit from scene to scene) version of Alice from Alice in Wonderland.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/367234/
Rivenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #44
jukebox
role models > supermodels

If this is not evidence that I am insane and shouldn't be allowed to have ideas, then I don't know what is.

I'm sittin' here, listening to the Kingdom Hearts score when the arrangement of 'Night on Bald Mountain' from the first game comes on and I think to myself, that hey, if I made a mascot-type suit out of the Chernabog, it might look pretty badass!

I have no idea how I will start and finish this. But I want to for some reason.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #45
candyintherain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagittarius_1 View Post

@candyintherain: OMG!!! Thumbelina, Kayley, AND Odette? SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I love Anastasia too, but the other three deserve more love then they get!!!!
Yeah, we were hoping to add Irene (Princess and the Goblin), The girl from Last Unicorn, Princess Yum-Yum, and a few others if we could find any other girls who are interested.
candyintherain is offline   Reply With Quote