Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
ChibiBex
Oh how fancy.

Paranormal Experiences?

Pretty much as what the title says :P. I personally haven't experienced anything (not yet at least o.o), but I'd LOVE to hear other peoples stories. C:

If not, would you like to see a ghost or any of that paranormal stuff?

Soul Eater: Death The Kid

Final Fantasy X-2: Lulu & Paine

Digimon: Angewoman
ChibiBex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Every paranormal experience I've ever encountered, was ultimately explained away after the fact, thereby removing the moniker, paranormal.

I've always wanted to believe in ghosts and such, but reality keeps dictating otherwise.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

ugh...here goes my long arsh post......

First experience at age 4 during a light storm in the ghetto of Sacramento, California. The lights had gone out and I was sitting with my sister's husband's mom when we noticed a woman at the end of the hallway who disappeared into a closed room with out opening the door. After the woman was described my other sister said it could of been the girl down the street who owed my sister 200 dollars who had gotten killed in her home due to a drug related issue

Second experience when i was 6 and we first moved to Fort Bliss (In El Paso, Texas)
I was laying in bed trying to sleep, my bedroom door was wide open and a dark figure walked around the corner, stopped, looked into my room before disappearing into the bathroom. I jumped up thinking it was my dad just getting home but when i opened the door there was nothing. I laid back down and went to sleep a few days later my toy 'sleep and snore ernie' started to 'malfunction' as my mom said and it would talk and snore and such late at night even when i removed the batteries. On 3 occasions i threw that satanic toy away and each time it came back. When i asked why they gave it back everyone said they didn't. That night as i was trying to sleep some one or something was breathing heavily down my neck, i'd pull the covers up and it'd continue. I could feel it....hear it.....it scared me half to death...because of this incidents i've grown to sleep with the door shut, and music on.... :< and not to mention i'm still scared of the dark...

One of the more recent things that has happened is a few months my sister had me confront the spirits who follow her boyfriend around. He is a paramedic so sometimes it does happen. Later that night was laying in bed texting, the light on and everything when the light turned off, I assumed the light burned out and i went to sleep, in the morning i was sitting up in bed watching the door way. The light was on and everything and right next to the door way is the light switch, i literally watched the switch flick off. From then on for a month or two after the light would go on and off and sometimes piss me off....

Another time when i wasn't home i left my music on in my room on my lap top, my sister said the music had stopped when they passed my room and when my brother in law asked where i was the music blared for a few seconds before the volume lowered its self.

After confronting those spirits i was for the most part pestered and bothered by them till my brother in law and sister asked them to stop D:
Stocking (Anarchy)
Raichu (Human form for a skit)
Lady Rainicorn (Human Form)
CosplayCinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

I can't say I have. I would love the idea of paranormal ghosts and whatnot to be true, but until there is evidence, I'll blame the usual suspects - candy and survival horror movies/games before bed time. I'll never learn!
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
ChibiBex
Oh how fancy.

@CosplayCinema Wow, that must of been difficult and scary. O_O

Unread 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

D: It was.....i feel stupid for still being scared of the dark TTATT
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
ChibiBex
Oh how fancy.

Trust me your not the only one.
I HATE sleeping (unless I just so happen to just be really tired and not think about it) without some sort of light, that's why I sleep with the t.v on. ^^'

Unread 01-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

Yea i have my lap top on as well as my ipod D:
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
Yukikittie

In the super old house I lived in for like seven years, every night it sounded like someone was in the bathroom. I would hear faucets being turned on, toilets flushing, footsteps, like someone was actually in there. And no one ever was. .__. It actually got really annoying because it went on almost all night, I'd hear the toilet flush and run into the bathroom, only to find no one there and no one leaving.
If it was a ghost, then what the hell man. Eventually I just learned to ignore it. It never happened when my friends were over too. xD
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #10
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

I used to talk to ghosts when I was a kid - I think now it was mostly my imagination, but apparently this sort of thing runs in the family, so... I still hear and see things a lot, but nothing really concrete, so half the time I'm not convinced it's not my (Highly overactive) imagination playing tricks on me.
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
Axelai
I'm Awesome

*laughs creepily* I have many, many of these. Prepare for a TL;DR.

So my grandmother lived in a small house in Arizona... can't remember the name of the town at the moment (starts with an S...). But its small, about an hour from Pheonix, and its pretty much a ghost town. Their downtown has LONG been shut down. This is mostly because of a Walmart that moved in, drove every single business out of business... yeah. Not pretty.

Anyways, back when my grandma was a kid, it was all the rage. It was an upbeat town, though still super small. My grandmother's house was where the old street used to be, before they moved it a few meters to the left. So there was an entire street of houses there, the road now moved.

Well, my grandma, when she was little, was laying in bed one night. Her room was on the top floor, and she had her own bed (she was one of the wealthier families). One night, she could hear a carriage in the distance. It got louder. And louder. She pulled the blanket over her head. She could hear it drive right by her bedside, then fade out in the distance.

You could attribute that to a tired little girl.

Except.

Years later, she lived in that house with her two oldest daughters (she'd end up moving away a year or two before my mom was born, who was the third oldest). Linda, my aunt, had her bedroom in my grandma's old bedroom.

She told us the same story.

It was rather... scary. We were talking about the house at Thanksgiving this year, and my Aunt told us that story. Then my grandma perked up and said the same thing happened to her (and i remember her telling me that story years ago). My aunt and grandma were staring at each other in disbelief.

Thats not the only weird thing about that house. They were tearing it down back when i was a baby. Theres some picture out there of me as a baby in front of it before they tore it down. When my mom was watching them, about to tear it down, the neighbor runs out. She says "Don't forget the piano!" and my mom is like "...what piano?" and she's like "You know, the piano on the top floor. I hear it playing every night. Be a shame if it crumbled with the house." My mom was like "...oh. Of course." And then the neighbor went back to her room.

As long as my grandmother lived there, there was never a piano in the house.

Since then, the house is torn down. Where it was is a vacant lot, bits of the house still in the bushes that have since grown there. When my Great Uncle Tommy died, we went to visit the lot (as his funeral was in that town). We ended up finding things in the bushes... i think my mom found some stuff in there that she kept, like a cross and other sorts of things.

But still. Pretty cool stories my family tells, regardless of if they're true or not c:

EDIT: My mom just told me, her house was right where the old Coach Station was. Fancy that

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 01-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
sam vimes
A real live wire

I've seen a ghost, but I don't believe in them.

Besides, I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Well.

The other day--and I SWEAR this is relevant--my boyfriend was making fun of my John Denver cosplay. He thinks John Denver was pretty lame. He just doesn't understand that JD and I go way the fuck back.
How can you road-trip without "Country Roads?"

Anyway.

That night, he had to go to sleep early for work the next day, went into the bedroom, shut the door, and turned out the light. I, meanwhile, was playing Pokemon Soulsilver on the couch in the living room. Well, he comes out in a fluster, like, twenty minutes later and says, "Not cool."
I was like, "Whut?" and he said, "Why'd you turn the light on while I was trying to sleep?"
"...I didn't," I said, completely truthfully.
"What do you mean you didn't?"
"I didn't. I've been here the whole time."
"Damn..." said he, "that was weird."
"Well," I said. "Just to be safe, I think you owe John Denver an apology."
He apologized to the ghost of John Denver and went to bed.

Later, he was making fun of "Calypso" (another John Denver song), which is one of my shower songs. I was like, "Ey, don't make fun of John Denver. You know what happened last time." He contributed it to a power surge, continued with the "John Denver is lame" routine, and I went to school. It was his day off, so he was in the kitchen, looking for something in the fridge. When he emerged from the fridge with whatever it was he was looking for, he turned around and saw that not one, not two, not three, but ALL of the cabinets were wide open.

This shit never happens to me, presumably because I have a healthy appreciation for seventies rock-folk-country-pop.

But yeah, rule number one of my house: Don't talk shit about John Denver. He or one of his ghostly fans might be listening.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars

Last edited by Flora88 : 01-03-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
But yeah, rule number one of my house: Don't talk shit about John Denver. He or one of his ghostly fans might be listening.
I'll keep that in mind if i ever see you irl :P

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
ChibiBex
Oh how fancy.

Ahaha I don't even know John Denver so that wouldn't be a problem. :P
These are some pretty interesting stories!