Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Detour

Unread 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
CatTheTerrible
Implied Malice

BADGES? WE DON'T... okay, actually we do need them. ;~;

If anyone reg'd, can't go, and is willing to transfer a badge, please PM me ASAP.
CatTheTerrible is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #32
Kamikazeh1
Intermediate cosplayer <3

I have also, ehem, gained some weight. Well, also, some of my costumes are um, I guess, how should I say, childish? (Think old school Naruto characters) So I'm kind of toooooo old for that. Or should I say too mature?? I just need to work out/exercise as far as the weight thing goes. I mean, if you're a bit chubby there's nothing wrong with that---but the problem comes when you're grossly overweight and you try and pull off a very skinny character---no offense to anyone, and I feel bad about it but. Okay I'll shutup now.

Thank you! <3 I've never heard any1 say I have nice 'bone structure' but thank you anyway. I don't get too many compliments nowadays, (have I ever?!) aaand I have kind of low self esteem most of the time. blah! Yeah I dont mind whatever characters are out there! ^^ I'm really not familiar with any anime, just don't have time to watch any unless they are more adult orientated. not much for stuff like naruto, bleach, etc. I also like videogame characters if they aren't too hard to pull off. Crossplay is okay too. ...
wtf, I don;t even know who Rin Tosaka? is? Sounds familiar...does she have dark long hair? ribbons in her ponytails...oh gosh I guess I should just google it. *slap forehead*
Well what about you, are you doing any new cosplays??? ^^
Kamikazeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #33
Akahime

Ahahaha. Kamikaze is so cute and funny. 8') Dude, I am trying to lose five to ten pounds before AD. >>;; Ever since I gained my pounds, everytime a picture is taken (and I forget my angles), I just look really big and it's not really pleasant to sure. >>;; (*cries inside*) But I love my chest and hips. It makes a perfect hourglass. I hope that if I do lose my pounds that I do not lose either of those two. (*prays sliently*) ahahaha. Oh, but you do have nice bone structures! =3 Those always look great in a photo. =3= I am so jealous. I don't have that, obviously, so I need my hips and boobs at least. LMAO

Ahhh, Naruto. I'm still young at heart, so I'll probably still cosplay Naruto in the future. Ahahaha. My love for Naruto will never die.... and if it does, ... eh, it's not the end of the world. hahaha

Ahaha. I know what you mean. I'm not familiar with too much anime too. I haven't been keeping up with anime myself. I love anime, but I don't watch it like every day of the week. >>;; For some reason, I feel bad when people tell me they own x numbers of DVDs and know this x number of anime -and I am standing there like: 'huh?' Rin is from Fate Stay Night and often people likes to cosplay as her because she is easy to do. That's one of the main reasons why I cosplayed as her first. Ahaha. (*shot*) But yes, she does have dark long hair and ribbons in her hair. = D

Okay, anyways, suggestions now. =3 I was stalking your profile and read your journal (apparently I am just a naturally creepy creeper) and totally think ChunLi is a beautiful idea. I don't think it's TOO hard to make, but you do just have a month before AD so I guess that's not really the brightest idea to ask for you to do. As for non-main stream anime (simple and interesting) cosplays, I think these would be the best:

Haibane Renmei: all of the mainish characters and MC are really not that hard to pull off, it's just that they have tiny angel wings and a halo
Gurren Lagann: Yoko, or one of the three Bachika sisters. Viral (who is awesome and is a beastman)
Fairy Tail: I suggest just to take a look or scan the characters because they ALL are just very awesome. And most of their clothes are not very hard to make at all. =)
Skip Beat: Kyoko or Kanae!!
xxxHOLiC: Doumeki, Watanuki, or Yuuko.
Canaan: Canaan or Alphard! =)

And also, I don't know if you checked it out or not, there is a thread about simple cosplays that I am sure you will be able to get done before AD comes around. =3 Check it out! LINK TO THREAD
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #34
Kamikazeh1

^___^

LOL X3
5-10 lbs in a month?! Yeesh. O_o Thats alot. Just cut back on sugary stuff. I can't seem to let go of my fondness for cakes/cupcakes/etc. My hips are paying the price. T_T However, big chest, ah yes, tis a good thing. ^^ It depends on the person, everyone is different, but usually when you do lose weight, you're gonna lose the big chest/big butt/other nice attributes that are natural/look good on a woman. And hourglass, you are a lucky girl. And I still think nice bone structures is a strange compliment. ROFL. Just one I've never heard before. Well yep, you've got other attributes, so that is good to be thankful for!!! <3
As for Naruto, I don't hate it, I just...I did those costumes already I spose. But I would like to do Shikamaru again...I like the Temari attention sometimes. *cough* Nah, he;s just fun to do. Yes, there is always more anime to love!
It seems like you know waaay more anime than me!!! I know nothing next to your anime knowledge, I don't know anything about any of the suggested characters...! I've heard of a few of them but...not familiar with any of the characters. Thank you though, I googled some of them. I think I'm pretty picky when it comes to cosplay...probably cuz I'm poor haha! I don't feel bad when people tell me about all the anime they know about, I just feel kind of stupid. T_T; I know someone who crossplayed Rin...I have a bad image of her now..T_T But cute character. Who else have you cosplayed...wait I should check out your stats. Duhh. Does that make me a creeper too now? LOL! And yeah....Chun Li would be out of the question now, even though I bought the fabric/other stuff a month or two ago...ugh. why do I always do that...?
You know...I keep getting suggested to do Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann...O_o but I think I'm a little um, too chubby to do her....
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #35
Akahime

>>;; Yeah, 5 to ten pounds is a lot. But I already lost like four. So hopefully just a couple of more pounds so that I actually do angles with my body, I don't look quite as big. >>;; But I know what you mean, girls do lose more of their pounds from their good body parts. *sigh* Let's hope I get lucky just this once. 8'D *in great denial* I actually don't eat sugary stuff. >>;; I have a fear of going to the dentist, so I keep my teeth clean of just about anything sugary. Sometimes I'll have some cherry coke or orange juice, but that's about it. And I avoid a lot of fast food food too. I always eat a lot of meat and vegetables (if I get lucky, fruits too, yum!). So me losing weight just depend on excersise and me not being lazy now. 8'D

8'D I guess I am always worried about bone structures for me. Because if you have bone structures, you don't have to worry too much about where you face away or to the camera. V.V;;

Ah, I see. I feel the same way now that I have worn my Hinata cosplay a couple of times. My friends wants to see her back, but I'm a little tired of that one, for now (and also, I recently cut my hair so it won't be as long as Hinata's). Aahaha. Temari does get a lot of attention. ;D She is really awesome and smexy. =3 It's funny because Hinata gets a good amount of attention too. Last year at AD, the majority of the people who hugged me were mostly Kakashi. 0,o

Ahahah. No no. I'm sure I don't know as much anime as you do. If you listed some of the ones you know, I'm pretty sure I'll be clueless as well. I (used) to watch a lot of mainstream anime, sorta do right now, and nowadays I watch less popular shows that are still amazing! =D And don't worry about being picky. I'm rather picky with myself when I am on a budget as well. >>;; I feel stupid too when people tells me of their anime knowledge or whoever character they are and I'm like: "uhhhhh... sorry?" *explodes* 0,o A Rin crossplayer huh and bad image of Rin?! Well, that's okay. I would have been the same too if something to offended me (or whatever that would scare me away).

I don't think you're too chubby for Yoko. 0,o Girl, I'm too chubby for her. I am like 5'2.5 and I weight 130lbs. That's a little too chubby for Yoko of Guren Lagann. >>;; But of course, if one is too uncomfortable with an idea, there's no use of forcing it (no matter the reason). =) Okay okay. Well, which animes do you know pretty well/good and perhaps I'll suggest a character from there? Unless you already thought up ideas already for yourself. 8'D
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #36
Kamikazeh1

Oh well that is good that you don't eat sugary things too much, I have a weakness for it. Wow you seem like a pretty healthy person.
And about bone structures, believe me, there still are alot of photos of me that look weird!

Kakashi, LOL. I did a Hinata once. I wasn't very good at it. T_T

Well, the most recent anime I like is called Queen's Blade. I do also like Mushi Shi. And Great Teacher Onizuka/GTO. Those are ones I have actually watched.
And yeah...nothing really offends me, I just...some crossplays or super overweight cosplays done terribly freak me out a little. O_o I do like the Rin character, I just have a bad perception of her now, since then...
It's not that I'm very uncomfortable with cosplaying Yoko, it's just...I don't believe I can pull her off.
Well lets see, off the top of my head, I know the Street Fighter franchise pretty well, Queen's Blade I'm getting to know, Mushi Shi is out of the question as far as cosplay, Darkstalkers was always a fave, .....and ...*is blank* O_O Yeah. LoL. See I told you I was limited. T_T I do have a few ideas...I'm trying to work on Menace from Queen's Blade....>< And another costume but that one is under wraps, dunno if I can get it done on time, if I do, then I will let you kno so you can keep an eye out for me. ^_^
And no offense or anything but I thought you were Caucasian! XD Not that that is a bad thing but...yeah...ROFL.
Okay off to work on cosplays before I go to work.
Unread 03-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #37
Akahime

Healthy, yes. But I always overfeed myself. >> I always eat until I'm really full and I acutally don't excercise all that much. *shot* So hence I gained weight. *weeps*

LMAO. Caucasian. 8'D

I'm not really good at Hinata too. I'm a little bit too crazy for Hianta's personality (and I keep going back to myself, so staying in character is rather hard for me). But since I have a cute face, when I'm quiet, I acutally look/sound like Hinata? 0,o And can't pull Yoko off? Yeah. Same here. =,=;; Though I love sniping guns. (play too much Modern Warfare 2)

And okay! Let me know if there is anything you need help with. =3 I hope you get that second costume done, but don't push yourself too. Real life comes first no matter what. *shakes fist at RL* I never heard of Queen's Blade or Mushi Shi before. =0 But I think I have an idea what GTO is. But that's about it. 8D See? You do some some anime I do not. 8'D

>>;; *cough, cough*

Anyways, also let me know if your few ideas don't work! I'll help suggest some characters where I believe their clothes can easily be attained at thirft stores. =D It always works me for. ... well, most of the times. 8'3

Last edited by Akahime : 03-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 03-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #38
Kamikazeh1

Overeating is always a bad thing! I try very hard not to do that, it obviously doesn't feel very good afterwards, even tho the food is so good at the time...
Modern Warfare 2, haha you'd probably get along with my lil sis, she likes her violent videogames...I would like to play some video games, but...no time. T_T
Yes, RL comes first but...you gotta make time to have fun too. I work too much. Well, it's a normal-ish job but. still. I feel like i never have time to play.
Oh yeah, thrift stores are an option. I don't usually go to those, but...might have to check them out...But thank you for offering your help!
hey do you know anything about the AD masquerade/costume contest thing?? I gotta go look up some info on it. Hmmm.
So who are you going with, to Detour? Do you have a group? Staying at the hotel?
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
Akahime

Yes, overeating is a bad thing... but I love good food. =,=;; I though been very good at not eating large amounts of food anymore. I still gotta lose five of those pounds. *sigh* ahahaha. I probably will get along with her and she'll probably beat my ass. I'm not that good. 8'D But I love it either way. My little brothers are way better than me. but at least, I am better than my sisters. *dances in place* Ahh. I don't have time for video games these days too. I had a huge break of video games for almost two years I think and just started recently to play again. Just mostly on the PS3 and PSP. >>;;

You don't go to thrift stores often? D= B-but! They are so cool. 8'D Okay... not really. But still. They have some cool gadgets. 8'D I have a weakness for used music boxes. Ahahaha. There are always plenty at a thrift store for some reason. 0,o But yes, do go and check them out!!!! =D

As for the AD masquerade thing, I'm not too sure. I never been in it nor do I know people who has been in it. So I'm not much help there, sorry. >>;; But yes, do go look up some info in it. IF you go, I'll make sure to go and cheer for you. =D And as for going to detour, I'll be going with two of my sisters. The first day I'll probably get a carpool with my friends, but I am expecting to leave them on the spot because I wanna take pictures and they most likely already have a place in the Art Gallery place thingy (I haven't asked yet, but they did have one last year). I didn't buy a hotel room. Though, I kind of wish I did now... but then again, that's still a lot of money. 8'D Ahahaha. I rather waste money on gas than sleep at the hotel.

And what about yourself? =D
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #40
Kamikazeh1

LoL...

Hmm. Yeah, I'll have to check those stores out....

Well, I got the hotel room as early as they came out. LOL. Aaand I'm going with my boyfriend and my little sister, and a few other friends I know of, are going also.
Oh speaking of, I reaaaaaaaaallllllly beg you to help me find a costume for my boyfriend...it would be nice if me and him went as a pair from the same anime but I don't care if we are from the same anime or not. I thought of Soul Eater's Black Star, but I dunno. He's about 5'10, Caucasian, big arms, short cropped brown hair, greyish green eyes....LoL. He's probably not to keen on wearing wigs or contacts (expensive contacts) but...,we'll see. Perhaps you can suggest something?? ^___^ *hopeful*
Unread 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #41
Akahime

Ahhh! Lucky! A hotel room is more convenient and nice. =3=bb LOL I would ask my friends if they had hotel rooms and maybe I'll just pay them money to 'share the room' but I haven't had time to ask and I'm too lazy to do it now since it's a little late anyways. =3=;;b And most of my friends are in Saint Paul anyways so I'm assuming they'll be commuting. 0-o

A suggestion for your boyfriend? Of course! I'll be more than happy to help. =) It's totally okay not to want to wear wigs or contacts. They can get really expensive (especially contacts). And wigs can be itchy too. 8'D AHAHAHA. I like being from the same anime, but sometimes the people you go with are not into the same series as you are. So it's fine to cosplay something completely different from each other. That's what me and my little sister gonna be doing anyways. Ahaha.

Anyways....*thinks about anime characters* Hmm, I was going to suggest anyone from Hetalia but I believe a lot of people will be cosplaying from that series so it'll be boring. >>;; Hm, if I was to give a suggestion about an anime because of your boyfriend's height, I think Takashi (Mori) from Ouran Host Club is a good one. =3 He doesn't need to change his hair and don't worry about the eyes. =3=;;b Eyes are the least important when it comes to cosplaying. I think him as Black Star is fine too. Big arms can be like a buffed Black Star, which what Black Star should be. Buff. 8'D AHAHA. Or maybe even someone from Durarara (though I'm not too familiar with this anime, but it sounds cool). 8'D AHAHA.
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #42
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in, but your boyfriend can go as Izaya or Shizuo from Durarara: reference (since the anime was suggested I thought I suggest characters from the show ^^; )
Shizuo's outfit can be accompany with a street sign or something :P

Last edited by songbirdblues : 03-04-2011 at 03:39 PM.
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #43
Akahime

Thank you Song Bird! =3 I was actually going to suggest the same person myself. 8'D AHaha.
Unread 03-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #44
Kamikazeh1

@songbirdblues: *dies laughing* Jumping in? This is a forum! Anyone can jump in whenever they feel like! LOL! ^_^ You're not interrupting anything. And thanks for the suggestion too!!!!

@Akahime AHA! Nice profile pic thing. You're Asian! Like half of me! Bwahahah.

With the hotel thing...I WOULD offer you a stay in my hotel room but...it's gonna be my boyfriend and my sister...it might also be very awkward. ><' But commuting back and forth isn't bad.
Contacts are expensive, I agree, and wigs...they are okay but yep itchy and I severely doubt he is going to wear a wig, even tho I think he looks great in a nice wig. But yeah, he's even LESS into anime than me. He doesn't like little childish type characters---he can't pull those off! LoL of course. The Ouran Host Club character looks very similar to him though! Thank you!!! Now where do I get the outfit??? If he does that character I want to do one from there too!!! Which one could I be?! X3 Are they all boys? Cuz I wouldnt mind crossplaying! Then me and him could be a yaoi pair. XD ROFL.
So I watched the first two episodes of Soul Eater, it was alright. Kind of interesting, until the Black Star character showed up---I didn't know he was an actual KID kid. -_- and his voice is played by a woman in the dubbed. I was like...nope. me no like. T_T so black star is out of the picture, at least for cosplay. ><
Blah. Okay time to go work on my costumes. AGAIN! I worked on one ALLLLLL DAY yesterday. wish me good luck.

Edit: Oh man this Durara guy is SKINNY. -_- Boyfriend isn't skinny for sure. More athletic and thicker. (but not FAT) What is Durara about anyways...is it popular anime?
ANd also, I think I'm gonna go crazy seeing all the Hetalia cosplayers. I was going to do that, earlier this year I was thinking about it...but...

Last edited by Kamikazeh1 : 03-06-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: more words
Unread 03-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #45
Akahime

What? You're half Asain? =o Cool.

Ahahaha. Thanks for the offer, it would be awkward. I have two other sisters with me so I guess for them, it would be a little more awkward. 8'D AHAHA. Don't worry about it I guess. If all else fails, commuting is fine.

The outfit I believe you can try to find in stores if you don't know how to sew a blazer (well at least, I don't know how to make it ahaha) and just make the ouran high school badge. And yes, if he doesn't like child-like characters, I think Black Star is not for him. Black Star is REALLY outrageous. 8'D AHaha. But awesome nevertheless. Mori would be a great choice and he is a rather quiet guy. So I guess it's a win situation? If you want to also cosplay from Ouran, yeah, most of them are boys actually. But Haruhi is a girl pretending to be a guy (since everyone mistaken her to be a guy at first when she first came to the school) and Haruhi is also the MC. =3

Good luck to you Kamikaze!! =) Durara is I think semi-popular to popular. I haven't even got a chance to watch it myself, but I only know the name and some of the characters' names. =3

As for Hetalia, I think there will be A LOT of cosplayers cosplaying Hetalia. 0,o This is going to be interesting. And... your 'but'....?