Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Detour

Unread 03-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #46
Kamikazeh1
Intermediate cosplayer <3

*nods* Half Japanese, to be exact.

You're welcome though.

And no I don't know how to sew a blazer. >< I wouldn't even try at this point, I have way too much to work on atm. But yeah OHSC sounds like fun. The character Mori reminds me alot of my b/f. I might have to convince him though, cuz he might now do it cuz he will feel stupid. =x= ehh. LOL no Black Star. I dunno if I should be Honey or the MC Haruhi. ..Hmm. I would have to buy a blonde wig though.
Thank you Akahime. Durarara, I shall think more on that one. Their costumes are kind of 'stale' and not fun/. I like fun things..XD I have a very boring life where I work Mon-Fri, at a very very very boring job assembling medical stuff, so yeah. i like to go all out and have lots of fun over the top, when I can! X3
And yeah Hetalia. T_T Just too many cosplayers doing that one, so I was thinking of it, but...but...but! LOL. Nah, I'll just have to forget about it this time. Ergh. ><'

Hey what are your sisters going as?! So do we get to meet each other at AD?! XD Hey you got facebook?

Sigh, well back to working on my cosplays. ><' such work! but fun at the same time. I just keep running into snags and troubles...props aren't my forte. T____T'
Kamikazeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #47
Akahime

8'D Ahhh, awesome. Half-Japanese huh? =3= I knew you had some Asian-ness in you because your eyes totally say 'Asian'. 8'D Ahahaa. Or something ilke that.

Yep, I too wouldn't want to try to sew a blazer. I'll wait until I feel like giving myself a challenge. >>;; But cool! I'm glad you could find someone for him to cosplay as. =) And don't worry, he'll probably come to love it. .... then again... *tries to be positive anyways* I tried to get my brother to cosplay with me before but he just didn't get into it. =,=;; At least, I have a sister who is going with me that will be cosplaying. =3=bb The other one can't seem to decide if she really wants to or not, but most likely she won't end up cosplay because she just hates 'dressing up'. -,0; The one that will be cosplaying along with me will be going as Xion from Kingdom Hearts and Road from D.Gray Man. =)

I think if you went as Honey, it'll definitely be cute. =3=bb But yes, there is that blond wig you definitely will have to get. =,=; If all else fails, I say Haruhi is fine. =3 I think you'll make a great Haruhi!!! So let's hope your BF will want to cosplay as Mori. 8'3 I don't see enough cosplayers as him ever. Maybe because Mori is so tall? 0,o

Ahaha. I am tempted to cosplay peeps from Hetalia too but certainly there is too much hetalia cosplayers nowadays that I think I'll just wait until the wave of hetalia cosplayers die down. =3=bb

Yes! We should totally met together at AD! =D I would be abosolutely honored! =) And besides, we still have a photoshoot, no? ;D LOL And yes, I do have a facebook. I'll send you a PM with my name... or maybe a link to my profile page. 8'D AHAHAHA.

Ahhh, props. They too are not my forte. D= I tend to avoid characters where I might have to do a prop. Because I know I'll end up doing one because the character will feel so empty without that prop. D; That's why I am so tempted to make the Keyblade for Xion because my little sister doesn't have one yet. >>;; But good luck to you and your prop making! =o Making cosplay is definitely hard work but well worth it and totally fun! =)

Ahhh, a boring life. Sometimes my life is boring too. Currently on my semester break from college. =,=;; And so I am seeking for a job just until fall semester comes rolling back. /sigh/ Definitely, this is when cosplaying comes in to take away that boring. 8'3
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #48
Kamikazeh1

Asian EYES?!?!?!? AHHH!!!! nooo. LOL. I been told I have Asian eyes though. I'm like..no I don't want Asian eyes. LOL! Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just prefer...not Asian eyes? =.=
LoL believe me, I have enough things to sew right now. No need to add blazers to the list! I'll probably go look for cheap ones or something. Thrift stores! LoL. Ragstock. But we're still undecided. If I do find it, we can do it, I don't think I can pull off the Honey character, so I think I will do the Haruhi Fujioka character. I am too tall for the little blonde guy, and I'm also pretty curvy. I mean I have big hips, I can't do skinny characters well at all. Anyways he's still thinking about it. My b/f that is. I tried to make him do Zoro from One Piece, but he said he didn't like One Piece. Argh. LoL. Oh well. My youngest sister ALWAYS cosplays and come with me to Detour for the past 4 years. I love dressing up! It's always been my fave thing to do, dress up as different characters.
Wha? How tall is Mori?? ><' Hopefully not VERY tall! cuz my b/f is average height. >> 5'10", hope that is tall enough to cosplay Mori.
Yeah Hetalia is too popular right now. >< noooo. Oh and yeah photoshoot, if you want to. You can always change your mind! ^^
Props can be ugly, I mean hard work! Believe me, I've been working on some. Ugh. Something always goes wrong or gets messed up somehow. I try to avoid characters that have difficult props but...gah, I admit props can be fun and they DO make up the character! Thanks, I'm gona need the good luck. ><
I need to get back to school. Sigh. I have like 4 semesters under my belt, but...just got busy with life.
Unread 03-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #49
Akahime

Your BF I believe is tall enough. =3 It's not about size of a cosplayer, it's about if you are able to pull the character off and make him or her convincing enough. =D Well, I hope your BF cosplays! If not, if we ever hang, he can go to the back with my non-cosplaying sister if you want. 8'D Ahaha. Just kidding. >>;; *hides from your bf* Yes, go to the thirftstores for the blazers! =D Yes, Ragstock or even Savers. =3=bb But I love Ragstock. 8'D Ahaha. The only two closest to me is in Rosedale or at MOA. =m=;; You are as Haruhi will be good. =3 You'll look cute! And your sister is cosplaying along with you? Awesome! Same series as you are then? Or something else completely different?

And yes, we should still do the photoshoot. =3 We should try to find a time to do it. 8'3 I would love to get your pictures in your cosplay. 8'D Hetalia is very too popular. >>;; I love it as well. Ahaha.

Props are difinitely good for the character and you always feel so much better once you make it. 8'D AHAHA. Sometimes I'm afraid that some people won't recgonize the costume if I don't make the prop. /sigh/ I need to stop being completely paranoid. >>;

You should get back to school some time. It's never too late. If life is bothering you now, I think it's better not to be in school just yet because other things in life can easily distract you away from school. And it's not worth paying college if you're going to be doing totally well because of life.... wait did that even make sense? 8'D

Ahaha. Asian eyes can get in the way when taking pictures. 8'D AHAHAHA.
Unread 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #50
Kamikazeh1

^_^ That is true what you said about not about size of person to play the part, it's if they can "pull'' the character off or not. ^^ True. I ALWAYS try to pick characters that fit me. I have not always done so, LOL but I try to. You can't be the character even if u like them. There's alot of male characters that I like that I cannot crossplay. T_T sadly. LOL. My body is unmistakingly female. Blah. I will try to find those blazers, it all matters on if I can find them or not. Can't cosplay if I can't find something ya know? Which city do you live in? The closest mall to me is Ridgedale. My sister wants to cosplay as a Assassin's Creed character. Not the main characters.
The only main thing I need to attend at the Detour is the Asian ball jointed doll meet, I have like a few dolls to show off. Plus two dolls I need to try and sell. x.x So besides that, we can plan the photoshoot. Do you go to any panels? I tried a few times, they always are full of crazy sugar high um, people that disturb me. O_O
Sometimes people are dumb, and really won't recognize the character w/o the prop. I think the prop is very important to the character. The prop for my character in the anime, talks. -_-
Yeah I'll probably go back to school in the fall.

"And it's not worth paying college if you're going to be doing totally well because of life.... wait did that even make sense? 8'D"*

Yeah can you rephrase that?! XD

ASIAN EYES.. ><' X3
Oh did you see, they have the programming schedule up now at Detour website.
Unread 03-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #51
Akahime

Yes, choosing characters matching your own personality is good. I choose characters very smiliar to my own personality. =) I take better and more convincing pictures if I do. 8'3 I know what you mean about crossplaying. 8'D I want to try though even if I have womanly freatures. Bwahahahah. At least once. Good luck with the search for the blazers now! =D I live in Saint Paul. =) So obviously, I have many places I can go to if I needed it. :/ That's why I feel bad when people say they don't have much resources. 3; Not too sure why. Maybe it's more sad than feeling bad. 3= Ahh. Assassin Creed. I probably played only a couples of minutes of that thing and stopped. Dx I'm not really good at those kinds of games and their controls. I'll die. D;

Wow, a doll meet. That sounds awesome. =) I love going to panels, but you're right about how some people in there are quite rude and sugar high. It's hard to enjoy myself. But I actually mainly go to AD just because I want to take pictures as many cosplayers as I can. 8D I want to be able to capture who and what has been there. I think it's a bit more fun for me than to be at panels. Sad to say. 8'D

But it's true. Some people don't recongize characters without the prop... but then again, on rare occassions, people won't even recongize both and still call you another character's name. >>;; But yes, I don't go to much panels, or at all, so we can do the photoshoot whenever you want and whenever you are free. =3=bb I don't care as much. Ahahaha.

Good. It's always better to go back to school as soon as you can. =) What I meant was that it's worth going to college and paying for it when you're not doing well in it at all. I took a semester break because I was being distracted by other things and had Cs and lower grades. Dx So I had to take a break before I did anymore damage to myself. :/

I actually scanned over the programming schedule. I'll probably look at it even more closely tonight or tomorrow. =3=b See anything interesting?
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #52
halovirus
und34d

"distracted by other things and had Cs and lower grades"

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME. this semester.
halovirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #53
Reivax

I need a cosplay idea (I've been procrastinating) I'm male, 6', and of a larger build. I know that I have options i just can't think of them
Reivax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #54
Akahime

@Halovirus: D= That sucks! I hate it when some things in real life (and non-real life situations) affect our grades. Hang in there!

@Reivax: Maybe Armstrong from FMA? 8'D Sorry. I'm sorta out of ideas myself. I've been trying to find myself another cosplay myself. Dx can't do my Rin anymore since I totally outgrow that. xP
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #55
Kamikazeh1

I try to match characters for me but...it's hard. Their personalities are weird sometimes...I do support you on trying the crossplay at least once in your life! I have shorter hair so it's more easy to do, but there are alot of male long haired characters. Hmm.
St Paul! So far! Well I think so anyways. I live in Plymouth, next to Maple Grove. ^^There are alot of resources everywhere, just have to look for them. Keep your eyes open all the time for cosplay stuff. LOL! That's what I do.
I;m not a good video game player either. LoL. Sadly. And I don't even have time anyways.

hehe, take as many photos as you can. Me too. I like to see what people come up with. I hate panels too anyways, the few I went to , it's a bad experience. O_O

I hope I can get back to college soon...

Sorry if it's taking me so long to reply. I'm trying to devote all my free time into my costumes! I gotta write down stuff that I want to see from the programming schedule, I gotta do that soon. I looked at it, but...didn't see anything interesting, so I have to look at it again I spose...
Unread 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #56
Akahime

LOL We'll see about the crossdressing part. =) I want to, but at the same time, I can see it failing. D< And yes, it is very hard to match personalities of characters to real life people. 0,o SOme people are just not that extreme. >>;;

Ahahah. Yes. It is very far from Plymouth. 8'D Well, not VERY far, but far enough. D= Certainly, there are a lot of resources almost everywhere. I always keep my eyes out for cosplay stuff. 8'D Ahahaha. Sometimes in stores, I'm like, I really want those over knee socks for this one cosplay but I don't have the money now!!! D< Sucks. >.o;;

Yes! I will! But omg! I dreamt that I was commuting and my only ride consisted of my parents and they made me miss completely Saturday and some of Sunday!!! D< What a horrible dream! I think this is a side that I should probably not cancel my reversation at the Sheraton hotel. 8'D (just reserved it since there was space) Just to be save! -v-b

No no! =) Don't worry! Work on those cosplays girl!!!! I rather you do that and go to work then to always be on here. 8'D I should probably write down things to go to as well. =/ There is actually a couple of panels and events that I probably would love to attend. But we'll see what happen. Taking pictures is my priority. 8'D AHAHAHA.
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #57
SpazzyKat

Ahhh, I 'm so excited ~ Less than 2 weeks away!~ > w <
I hope I finish my costumes by then though. D:

I'm happy though, cause I recently got a Madam Red, So I shall be going as Grell again this year~
...even if i'm still a bit short for being Grell...
SpazzyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:04 AM   #58
OatBob

I'm excited for Detour. This will be my first time cosplaying as Kaito. I'm looking forward to meeting the other Vocaloid cosplayers at the photoshoot. I'm glad I've finished the costume itself, but I still need to turn my eyebrows blue as well as some other unmentionable deeds. I've got less than two weeks to figure it out.

first post!
first cosplay!
first Detour!
~ikkimas!
Unread 03-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #59
Akahime

There'll be a lot of Vocaloid cosplayers at AD this year too I believe. =) Hope you have fun!

Can't wait, only a week lefttt! <3
Unread 03-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #60
Kamikazeh1

And I am back again----I am surviving work,. stress, and everything else!!!! *scream*
Anyways tomorrow is Detour, I guess I am excited, I won't be excited until I get my stuff together and finish my costumes up. Ironically one of my costumes is going to make me hot and sweaty, and the other one is going to make me freeze my buns off. Weird. T__T
Akachan (LOL) hehe you know that means 'baby', don't you? XD Anyways I will see you at Detour, thank you for being so nice to me on this forums, not alot of people are very friendly. Not at Detour either, sadly. For me, I just have a evil unfriendly and intimidating face so no one wants to approach me anyways. *cry*
Oh well. I;m used to it.
HOpefully I'll check this board again tonight, but I'll be busy. Almost forgot I gotta go clean out my car!!!!
Good luck to everyone!^^