Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 10-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #1
Celine
Remember me?

Grandia Xtreme

Has anyone played this game yet??? I was wandering through the store today while my roommate was buying a GC and Mario, and I came across it. I haven't really heard much about it, at least, nothing saying it was particularly good or particularly bad. Is the voice acting any good (since they have some big names)? Info? Anyone? ^^ Are the characters cool?
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2002, 07:41 PM   #2
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

O.o hmmm. My boyfriend seems to like it, game-play-wise, but he says that honestly, he dosn't like the storyline as much as he did Grandia II. Though that's just him But he says he likes it, and it is a good game.
Unread 10-24-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Yeah, that's what I've heard, the storyline is lacking though the gameplay is pretty excellent. I have a friend who has it, he didn't say much . . . he says the voices are driving him insane though. :P
Unread 10-24-2002, 11:13 PM   #4
Celine
Remember me?

Interesting... I was rather underwhelmed by Grandia 2's storyline, honestly, so that's not looking too optimistic for Xtreme, then. Grandia 2 has some great characters. A fun battle system. That's about it. Just... ugh! All the freaking stupid pieces of Valmar, and the ten dungeons of Valmar, and the outer space battle of Valmar! It made no sense!

...and I liked the voices in Grandia 2. Heh heh heh. "Gotta work even harder!" ^_^
Unread 10-25-2002, 02:15 AM   #5
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Yeah, I was grooving on Cam Clarke in that for no particular reason. ^^ I nearly had an attack when I finally figured out why I could hear Adam from new He-Man in the back of my head making sarcastic remarks . . . lol.

And hey, I still wanna do Grandia 2 cosplay with you . . . ;_; *whine*
Unread 10-25-2002, 09:53 AM   #6
Celine
Remember me?

Yeah, Cam Clarke is super. He is versatile, being able to do arrogant Ryudo, whiny Adam, AND He-man!!! XD

Aren't you going to AX next year? We should try and get all Grandia 2 cosplayers together there, like was mentioned before. It would rock on so many levels! ^_^
Unread 10-25-2002, 12:17 PM   #7
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

When I called up all the info on the voices Cam Clarke's done, I was on the phone with my friend (we were watching CN over the phone even though she lives 10 blocks from me. Don't ask.), and I said he HAS to come to a con! He may have been at one, and I didn't notice . . . but still, I wouldn't mind meeting him. ^^

And yeah, I'll definitely be at AX. Otherwise there will be some Lodoss cosplayers sending assassins after me. Hmm, I wonder how many costumes I can fit in my -- oh wait, I'm shipping stuff anyway, I can bring whatever I want. XD Yay! We should do a Grandia 2 get-together!
Unread 10-25-2002, 01:45 PM   #8
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Let's hope I get to go to AX!
Grandia 2 Ryudo is a classic costume for me! but it has got to be repaired properly now!

Hmm..Cam Clarke has a great list of voice roles! He was even in Scooby Doo's Zombie Island as the gardener!
Probably his best role was in the first version of Akira and Leonardo (the turtle)...but I noticed his very unique voice while my friend was playing the Thing on the Xbox! Strange how I notice it so clearly!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #9
Nerve-chan
Fallen off the Deep End

Grandia Xtreme is my Favorite RPG of all time!
I seriously suggest getting it.
Sure, some of the voices make me wanna throw up (cough*Specto*cough)
But from little character development there is, I love the characters ^^
Nerve-chan is offline   Reply With Quote