Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #16
shortsheik

Scary/loud/obnoxious alarms put me in a bad mood from the moment I awake, and then I'm grumpy and cranky for hours. Back in the States, I used a radio alarm instead. Here, I use music on my cell phone.

However, I find I have to change it up on a regular basis or else I become too used to it and sleep through it. Linking it to the vibrate function helps too however.
shortsheik is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #17
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

^Same here, with the mood thing. I can't stand the screechy, loud alarms that startle you awake. I use the radio function so I can wake up over a few minutes. And relax in bed while I catch the news.:P
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #18
Kildread
I can fix it!

I have the most boring, old alarm clock ever.

It's just on the opposite side of the bedroom and I need to get up and walk about five meters to shut it down.

Just a trick for those not wanting to buy anything fancy :P
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #19
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetOcarina View Post
Buy a louder alarm clock.
or one that sounds like picilo from dragon ball z
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So um...on the subject of waking yourself up....
Would anyone happen to have any advice on how to keep yourself awake during math class?

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #21
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
(I also usually work evening shits, so getting up early would leave me ready for bed by work)
*giggles* Funny typo is funny. XD

I use my cell phone as an alarm clock, and it vibrates along with making dinging noises, so that usually does the trick for me. ^^
MermaidRizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #22
Yukikittie

Teehee... I'm a spoiled brat, in the morning my Mom wakes me up.
Even when I set my alarm clock, if it doesn't wake me up fully that I just turn it off, fall back to sleep, and not remember the scene at all when I wake up again.
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #23
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

-.- he isn't even in our family...

So it was my niece's birthday yesterday and i told her I MIGHT take her out skating today, i of course slept in and my sister's boyfriend decided that he would tell my mom about the 2 days of school i missed to get back at me, and tried to guilt me and i'm just here like 'wtf, i said i might take her that my own skates didn't fit right' and now my mom is taking my laptop, cell phone, ipod, and ds. Monday-Friday and i only get it on saturday and sunday :/ and now she doesn't even think she wants to take me to Oklahoma in July so now i'm pissed off cause i made friend's with all those awesome people in the Oklahoma thread and i might not even get to see them.

And on top of that, my two lackeys were going to move to Oklahoma as well and if i don't go it'll just be them and their family and they will be disappointed as well as my best friend who said she'd visit me every weekend. And now i might not get to do all the stuff i was hoping to do in Oklahoma. All because of stupid ass Joe, because of him my sister and her kids don't have a home, the proper money to have the basic things they need, him and my sister are always fighting. He just ruins every thing for every one. :/ Today is my other niece's birthday and they only had enough money to throw a party for one of them and now the one who's birthday is today is sad because she doesn't to do anything for her birthday till next month. In which leads to me and our other sister because our birthdays are in Feb. :/ I'm going to be honest, if he had never shown up my sister would be living in her apartment still, she'd still be nice and skinny, she wouldn't of gotten into that fight at the bar the put a felony on her so now she can't get a job, she'd have A LOT of money like she used to, and i wouldn't be bitched at everyday for no reason like i have been the past 4 months she has been here.

^ all the crap that happens that is bad for the most part is because of Joe :/ I don't like him, Alexis doesn't like him, even my sister bitches that he is clingy and annoying. And it's not like we can get rid of him now, he has been with us for 3 years and just NOW chose to grow a pair and go against me.

(you don't really need to give me advice on this -__-;; i'm mostly just venting. Gosh i've never been so pissed off before...)
Stocking (Anarchy)
Raichu (Human form for a skit)
Lady Rainicorn (Human Form)
CosplayCinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #24
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidRizu View Post
*giggles* Funny typo is funny. XD

I use my cell phone as an alarm clock, and it vibrates along with making dinging noises, so that usually does the trick for me. ^^
eeeek. Gonna go fix that now...X_XU I dunno if I should be embarassed or thankful.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #25
Aearon

Ouch... As for me, when I was younger I got a loud alarm and put it across the room. That way I had to actually get out of bed to turn it off. Before I did that, I'd often just hit the snooze/off button and go back to sleep. But, I never went back to bed / fell back asleep after I moved it. =)
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #26
nannyogg
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aearon View Post
Ouch... As for me, when I was younger I got a loud alarm and put it across the room. That way I had to actually get out of bed to turn it off. Before I did that, I'd often just hit the snooze/off button and go back to sleep. But, I never went back to bed / fell back asleep after I moved it. =)
LOL, that's what I do, too. If I have to actually get up and move to turn it off, I don't fall back asleep.
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #27
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aearon View Post
THAT'S GENIUS!
.....but I'd be in such a bad mood. Not to mention freezing.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #28
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

>.< because of all my sleeping and weight loss my sister is going to force me to take a drug test :/
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 01-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #29
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Maybe you should look into a hypothyroidism test. Excessive tiredness with no real reason is often a symptom, along with being constantly cold, dry skin, swelling (especially in the neck and face), and occasionally losing the outer third of your eyebrows. (My dad's got severe hypothyroidism, himself. It's controlled with meds, but if the dosage is off or he skipped his pill (and when he hadn't yet been diagnosed), he's basically impossible to get the hell out of bed.)
Unread 01-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #30
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

I sleep a lot cause i force myself to stay away till like 5 in the morning then go to sleep. and i have been losing weight cause i've been working out and eating less as well as eating better. and they say that i have been really random and weird just cause i decided that i wanted to walk the dog early in the morning and walk around and be out of the house for once.

All i'm trying to do is lose weight and on the computer learning new things, reading up on stuff i like, looking for places i could possibly work when i move to oklahoma and looking up the college i want to go to. >.<
Stocking (Anarchy)