Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
suka92

con related nightmares

Every year when it starts getting close to con I start getting con related nightmares.

usually about arriving and realizing I never finished my cosplay or I forgot them at home. or getting to my hotel and they can't find my reservation or I slept straight through con.

anyone else ever have con related nightmares?
suka92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
figment1986

Mine are more personal in the fact I fear my stalker is going to show up and cause problems... they range from her getting me kicked out to her harming me again... I don't really have any other con nightmares other than those.
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
asteriskos
100% Medically Accurate

I have con nightmares all the time, mostly about me forgetting my entire costume or my camera breaking when I want to take a photo, but I've also had dreams where a storm hits the convention and ruins the most important part of my costume.

I knew someone who had nightmares about children breaking into her hotel room at night and making a mess of her wigs.
asteriskos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

This happens to me all of the time, mostly near or after a con. Most of the time its something like the three days went by way to fast, i forgot part of my cosplay or something random that could go wrong.

For the most part it helps me prepare for a con.
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

I get those all the time. They range from oversleeping to the point that I didn't make it to the first day because my friends left me, or I attend the con but I have nothing but the clothes on my back.

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Without fail. I've had some REALLY weird ones, but most typical are realizing the con is the next day and my costume's not done, or I arrived and didn't pack what I needed.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
Glitterpeach01

I'm not the only one!!! I feel less like a weirdo now
Every year, once Con is about a month away, I start getting these dreams! Usually in my dream I'm at the convention and I'm not in costume (Freaking out, trying to get back to the hotel room to change!). In other dreams I realize I've forgotten to make a costume at all, and I'm trying to figure out what I can wear that I already have!
Unread 02-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #8
jinx_this

Haha I have con nightmares too! Usually it starts with me over sleeping then meeting a series of unfortunate circumstances and obstacles that keep me from finishing my costume and seeing any of the con. So stressful!
jinx_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

My favorite con nightmare was the one were, upon arrival, we discovered that our hotel room was infested with pandas and one of my roomies was allergic to pandas.
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
VulsaviiK

I had one the other night, bear in mind, I've yet to actually cosplay at a con, still working towards it.

PAX Aus, I had my ticket, got off the train, to find that I'm at the Melbourne Cup (Horse races, also a public holiday, PAX last year was on this weekend). Wrong venue, woops. So I'm standing there, watching the horses race, and all of a sudden the winning jockey throughs it, stops his horse, and starts point and laughing at me in a set of true-scaled Space Marine armour (So I'm standing about 8 feet tall at this point). Then everyone there starts laughing... And I start crying.

This makes, no sense. For starters, I'm pretty good with public transport and wouldn't catch the wrong train. Second, I'm not true-scaling the armour, it wouldn't be comfortable/practical to wear. Thirdly, it's been a long time since I last cared what people though of me, and I don't think that ever caused me to cry. I wish my sub-concious would make sense sometimes
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #11
TitanSlayer000
Eh

I had a dream that I went to a con in Baltimore (I live in WNY) and I forgot all of my cosplays. So I made one out of paper and items I found around the hotel because my mom said no to driving 8 hours back home to get one.
TitanSlayer000 is offline   Reply With Quote