Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Cosplay Pajamas - For those weekend cons

The recent thread here about cosplay-related underwear has gotten me thinking.

Do any of you wear pajamas that relate to your character?

I know that it's always fun to have something more comfortable to change into, especially when you're staying in the hotel and the fun lasts until the wee hours, and still be in cosplay. Even if it's so simple as wearing pajamas and still wearing the wig, do any of you make or buy pajamas because you think it's something your cosplay would wear?

I know I'm looking for a pair of pajamas I can wear as Kotoko. I would just take the bells off the wig and wear the pigtails with a pair of patterned pajamas. If I can find some with xmas bells on them they'd be perfect.

Also http://www.sleepyheads.com/ sells a lot of pajamas, and there's also http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/ which sell footy pajamas in all sorts of patterns in case any of you get ideas from this thread.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

I haven't really thought of wearing jammies that match the character, but I do usually bring cute Hello Kitty jammies or something of the like to stay in the con spirit. ^^
MermaidRizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Ion
Lyrical gangster

I am not one to do those cosplay pj parties or wander around in pajamas but I made Link's lobster pajamas from Wind Waker as a joke and they turned out to be very comfortable. I save them for days when I want to cosplay without feeling like I am cosplaying.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I remember my first anime con was Anime Expo in I think 2008 and there was a Sailor Moon cosplayer who had cute little pink PJs and bunny slippers and she was awesome and would pose for people like.. stretching and yawning all cute like. I thought it was a very unique way to cosplay a very popular character and she clearly made an impression that I remembered her to this day.

It could be really cute if done as well as hers was, that wig is really outstanding and it's not just throwing on some Wal-Mart PJ's and calling it a day. She really behaved and went about like Serena in her jammies!

Now that it's been brought up I could have a lot of fun designing Alice, from Alice in Wonderland, PJ style with a Mad Hatter in his jammies
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
Kildread
I can fix it!

Just like underwear, pajamas won't ever be 'cosplay' for me.

I'll just wear my usual stuff, and before I go to bed.
Kildread is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Never have and probably won't ever. By the end of the day, I just want to flop into bed and pass out until the morning. Unless the character wears actual pajamas as the outfit, give me my own pajamas and a bed at the end of a convention day and I'm happy.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Buying all new wardrobes to match a costume I intend to wear for 6 hours is getting a little too in-character for me ^^;; That might cross the line from Cosplay to LARPing.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #8
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

The way I look at it, sometimes a cosplay is too cumbersome or uncomfortable for me to want to wear it for longer than necessary, but sometimes I still want to hang around with my convention friends later in the day. Or, like Animaritime, sometimes they have board games and stuff to do later in the day after the actual convention has shut down.

If I'm going to be wearing pajamas anyway I figure I can wear cute pajamas. Or, if I'm crossplaying, wear a tshirt or tank top and boxers with a funny pattern that relates to my character. It doesn't cost much, and most people get a good laugh out of it, including me and my friends.

I'm not saying pajamas are a cosplay entirely worthy of a con, but as something for the end of the day, when you're going "Oh my god this thing is so hot/bulky/is chafing me/is too skimpy to be comfortable in" it might pose an interesting alternative.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-10-2011, 04:12 AM   #9
Nayara
Bonny-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunesonatuesday View Post
The way I look at it, sometimes a cosplay is too cumbersome or uncomfortable for me to want to wear it for longer than necessary, but sometimes I still want to hang around with my convention friends later in the day. Or, like Animaritime, sometimes they have board games and stuff to do later in the day after the actual convention has shut down.

If I'm going to be wearing pajamas anyway I figure I can wear cute pajamas. Or, if I'm crossplaying, wear a tshirt or tank top and boxers with a funny pattern that relates to my character. It doesn't cost much, and most people get a good laugh out of it, including me and my friends.

I'm not saying pajamas are a cosplay entirely worthy of a con, but as something for the end of the day, when you're going "Oh my god this thing is so hot/bulky/is chafing me/is too skimpy to be comfortable in" it might pose an interesting alternative.
Totally seconded.
Nayara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #10
meevist
Satirical Hipster

At the last con I went to, we organized a Hetalia PJ party and it was such a success we're doing it again for the next con So yes, I've got a PJ cosplay for Poland thrown together from stuff I already had and a t-shirt I got that seemed pretty in character for him ^_^
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #11
Sutie

A couple years ago a con I went to had a "cosplay pj party" as a mini event. It was fun to come up with your character's PJs and wear them that night.
After my first design, I took a liking to it -plus they were comfortable!- and started coming up with other character designs. It's a lot of fun! ^^
Sutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #12
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

If I have any extra time or money I may buy a pair of red pajama pants and just use print out iron on transfers to put bells all over them for Kotoko, and maybe tambourines or something for Sumomo. It'll be quick and cheap and easy.

For some reason I really want Kenshin to have a pair of Hawaiian print boxers. I think I'm going to look for something like that anyway to wear under his hakama, because I don't really want to wear my usual underwear under something that gapes at the sides like that.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
marshmallowpie
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunesonatuesday View Post
Animaritime
Hello, local person! (just had to say that... :X)

One costume I'm working on right now pretty much is pajamas... as well, I'd like to one day do the pajamas of Tamao from Strawberry Panic (also means that I wouldn't have to do her crazy hairbun. XD). I wouldn't want to wear a wig to sleep though, mess it up like whoa and it might be kind of uncomfortable.
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
doxiequeen1

I would never wear pajamas to a convention. Even for the end of the day.

Nope. Just seems lazy. Even for games and whatnot, I would possibly have a more comfortable simple outfit the character wears so I would still actually be in cosplay. (like i'm cosplaying Yuuki's wedding dress version; I might make her purple dress with ruffles shown in opening for the rave)

Or for Chii who has a ridiculously poofy short skirt which I can easily see having problems I might bring and oversized white mens button up shirt she is often showed in. Then I can change into that well still being somewhat in costume for the walk back to the hotel.

I don't consider coming up with pajama's your character might wear as a costume. Then again, all the characters I plan to cosplay have boring white pajamas.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I would actually love to do this, not to wear to a convention but just for myself to have fun. I've thought about it before, but I'm not sure where I'd find a pair.
More specifically, what I'd really like is a pair of Canada-themed pajamas to wear while cosplaying as Canada. With maple leaves on or something.
I have no idea where I'd find any though.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote