Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
time2cosplay

Lightbulb Pirate steam punk!! Arr, I need help!

Hello one and all, me and my friend are going to a convention, and this year it is steampunk themed. We kinda want to do a pirate steampunk look, and I think I have a shirt that would be epic for it. It is a dark marroon color. It goes off the shoulders, kinda giving that pirate edgy look. Here is a link to my photo bucket album so you can have a look.

http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/...stehchibiness/

Any suggestions or picture references for bottoms, boots, accessories, hats, goggles etc etc?! I am new to steampunk as well... I hope the shirt will be cool enough to use >_<;;;. I was thinking of maybe putting some sort of corset or something over it. idk....

I want to do a very good cosplay, I want to make sure I do a good job. . Any questions, please ask ! Tips, help, anything will be appreciated. Thanks!
time2cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Ironhill

Take a look at the steampunk Jack Sparrow below for some ideas. Start with a basic pirate costume and update the look. Replace the belt sash with a leather belt and the flintlock pistol with a 6 shooter or steam powered gun. Add a vest over the shirt. Maybe a WWI style pilots hat with goggles instead of a pirate hat.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
time2cosplay

Smile

Thanks!!! Pirate jack sparrow? Just look him up on google yea? But ughhhhh my computer died and I was scared this thread would get locked@!! Ok i'll do that thanks so much!
time2cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Ironhill

Actually, it is just down six or seven listings in this forum.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
Purified Ace
Ace Pendragon

Actually, that Steampunk Jack Sparrow be mine, mate.

You can check my profile if you like.
As far as advice, Just try to remember, goggles alone do not a SP costume make. Find something to give it that "cool" factor. The idea is to have something that serves a purpose (or would if it were real and not costume). Doesn't matter if it functions or not, just try different items. Make stuff up.

Oh, and slightly Victorian would be the fashion styling, if you didn't already know that. Cravats and vests and such.
Purified Ace is offline   Reply With Quote