Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 11-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
Angelica Rascon
Silver bandit

Anyone have ideas to make an unsociable shy geek pretty or social

I am a geek but there's a banquet at my school and I really am geeky basically an outcast to normals I should really want to start a conversation or finally be an ice breaker I know this really sounds like a cry for help but I'd really love it if someone could help give ideas for beautiful duct tape dresses, and show me how to get out of my comfort zone?
Angelica Rascon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
neozero

Why duct tape dresses???

I think you should do something that makes you feel great about yourself. When I'm feeling down I get some hella skincare.

Getting out of your comfort zone is tough. You just have to face your fears and go for it. There are actually a bunch of youtube videos about building confidence that I recommend checking out!

Shinn - Fuccboi
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
Angelica Rascon
Silver bandit

Thank you, I shall find a way to make self feel better and duct tape dresses are not the theme it's just I like trying be things and being different from people
Angelica Rascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #4
neozero

Well that is great. Celebrate your difference! You'll be surprised by how many people will find you interesting by being creative and true to yourself than conforming. Like think of all the people we admire, MLK, steve jobs, David Bowie, Michael JAckson, etc. etc. they were all weird at one point but now everyone thinks their cool. Just make being you cool and let others follow!

Shinn - Fuccboi
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
DanArt

Kind of a difficult things you wrote there.

How about not caring and getting along with people. I am going to say this right now. Stop caring and enjoy your life. Too much of anything is something that ruins your ability to perform at your job. That is simple work ethics.

Your in grade school still so getting high grades, checking out teams/clubs, and participating in etc events is what is most important asides for whatever your parents have in store for you. You have free food/clothing/shelter, free educational options, free love, and your not pass your expiration date ( I think that makes sense ). I do not want too technical on the subject but life is life. You have people who are young in Olympics, performing arts, or even taking advance classes towards a specific direction. I don't know your forte but whatever is more important then worrying about being unsociable shy geek blah blah.

Life is going to give you cards, marbles and whatever. Whatever happens happens. So stop thinking too much on the subject and just get along with the world as much as possible.

You want to be more out going ( not shy ). You can save that for experiences later in life. Getting high grades and staying healthy is what is most important. I mean it will not hurt to associate with people at all. Whatever choices you make in life is whatever choices and whatever.

Usually the way this work is that you associate with people. The people you associate with usually will change the direction of your social life. However this is not always positive in most cases. Once again this is not the end all of conversation and could go on forever. I usually suggest consulting the manual called your elders and uppers for advice.
DanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2016, 10:10 AM   #6
Syon
leads the crusade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica Rascon View Post
Thank you, I shall find a way to make self feel better and duct tape dresses are not the theme it's just I like trying be things and being different from people
Sorry to say that, but oh my...this sounds so edgy.
And this attitude is probably not going to help you, to leave your role as an outsider at school. Just being different at that age is already an act of balance to not end up as the "lonly weidro", but trying to be different for the sake of being different almost always ends up missing its goal.

Working on: Paletress (50%) + upgrading Jainas staff with lights
Next convention: RPC
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote