Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 09-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
lelechan

Cell Phone Habits

Are you the type of person who buys cases to match outfits (or cosplays)?

Do you get one functional case and use it for the life of the phone?

Does your phone... *gasp* go naked?

Do you use screen protectors?

Where do you get your cell phone case(s) from?

How do you treat your phone?

What programs/apps do you use most often?

When you get a new phone, what's the very first thing you do after activating it?

TL;DR Basically, I just got a brand new phone and I'm bored so I want to know other peoples' cell phone habits.

I got my new Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday and the first thing I did, even before activation, was get an InvisibleShield Glass screen protector installed. Then today I bought two cases online--one from Amazon and one from Modnmall. They're both very different so I have no idea which one I'll like better--but they were both under $6 each with free shipping so I couldn't pass up the deal.

I bought several cases for my old S4 as well, including a Lifeproof Nüüd case. I had to replace the Lifeproof case because the cover for the charging port started to crack, which meant it would no longer be waterproof. I got two cases from Monoprice because, again, I couldn't decide which of the two I would like better. One of them ended up being super hard to get on and off so I went with the other case, a flexible TPU case I fell in love with.

Last edited by lelechan : 09-22-2014 at 12:22 PM.
lelechan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Oh nice my brother got that phone about a month or so ago..He lones it lol

I personally have the iPhone 5S. It's not bad..Not good though either..The call quality is completely terrible, the touch likes to stop working randomly, and it likes to just stop whatever it's doing outta nowhere..Don't recommend it..

Anyway, I wish I could afford to get cases to match. Right now my case is crap..My old phone I had a black case for normal days and a white case with bubbles for cons when I crossplayed. Right now i'm looking for a case, but I think I want an anime one..not sure

I suck at putting on the screen protectors so I have the store do it. I did have one on ther but it started to get ruined so I took it off. Haven't put one back on yet..

Ha I treat my phone like it treats me..Like shit..I hate it..

Tumblr, Youtube, and google chrome mostly..Outside of the obvious phone, text and mail..

After activating? Kill the battery..With lithium batteries if you take it right outta the box and turn it on and let it die, then charge it for a long long time, it give it a longer battery life..However, I guess this is not true for the iPhone because this is the one phone that had the opposite happen..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

I got a piece 'a shit phone (it's 3G, beat that) and it's naked and it does what it's told and in return I don't ask it to do anything more complicated than a few undemanding websites and OneBusAway. It's a pretty good life.

Right now the camera's mostly full of shots of marine invertebrates emitting gametes, though, which would probably be creepy to anybody who picked it up.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
I got a piece 'a shit phone (it's 3G, beat that)
Alright. Up until April, my dad still had a razr. Lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
Mistyue

I make my own deco cell phone cases <3 Kawaii and gyaru for life! I make them for friends and customers and stuff too.

My phone is actually naked right now though, because I haven't decided what to put it in yet. I do have a screen protector on though, and I treat it very carefully so it's still safe, haha. Not like I use it very much besides calling and texting, since I do everything else on my computer.

Silkytail Wigs
bargains by cosplayers for cosplayers <3
silkytail.com

Mistyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
belligerent
Viking Metal

I have an iPhone 5s (space grey or whatever the fuck color that is). It has a silicon case (whatever was available from verizon when I ordered the phone) and a screen protector. I keep meaning to buy a better case but it hasn't come to that yet.

My phone is used essentially for internet and texting and some talking. I don't play games so I don't have a bunch of apps or crap like that. Occasionally I will listen to music on it but that's like maybe once every six months.

My ringtone is Amon Amarth's "Now Where's Your God" and my text tone is a bear roaring.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago

Last edited by belligerent : 09-22-2014 at 08:27 PM.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I use a crappy old Motarola V220 flip-phone. My ringtone is the Metroid theme and my text tone is the LoZ theme. I haven't changed either since I got it.

I keep thinking about getting a smartphone, but I don't want to get locked into a contract. Plus nobody can actually understand what I'm saying on the phone, for some reason....

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Eldi
Sneak thief

I have a smartphone with a slideout physical keyboard, so it's not a very popular model for cell phone cases to be made for, so I haven't bothered to get one. It's gotten a lot of fine scratches but not really damaged, even though I drop it a lot. The screen is gorilla glass and hasn't even scratched so I don't cover it.
I use a flashlight app a lot, as well the "task" widget so I don't forget to do stuff (I'm super forgetful) I don't use a lot of apps, but if I'm bored I'll browse the web or sometimes pinterest. I have a few games but don't play them all that much.
The first thing I do when I get a new phone is check out its backgrounds & ringtones!
Spellthief Lux- League of Legends

Cosplays in Progress:
Alice in Wonderland (Halloween!)
Rose Quartz- Steven Universe
Elin Sorcerer- Tera Rising
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #9
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Well since ringtones were brought up..my ringtone for calls is the theme for Kid Buu from DBZ (been meaning to change it but I'm lazy), and my notification tone (mail, texts, etc) is the little tone they use in episode 00 of Haruhi Suzumiya, the thing that's a polytone of the "Mi-Mi-Mikuru Run" thing
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 09-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
lelechan

I have a tendency to use the pre-installed ringtones, although occasionally I'll set up special ringtones for specific people. My text tone is from Kingdom Hearts, the very end of the song "Oopsy Daisy" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX24OywNMQA at 16 seconds).
lelechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #11
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

LG G2 and personally it's a great phone. Durable, battery still goes strong, responsive and easy to navigate. No complaints because it isn't Apple. Fuck Apple aside from needing my iPOD for my audio deck jack in my car. I begrudgingly deal with iTunes since the jack only fits my iPOD.

That being said, all I use it for is to text, surf the internet and to follow the SF Giants. Once baseball season ends next month I doubt I'll use it much. I don't get into the whole customization much. I finally changed the "lock screen" photo after, like, a year. I never change ringtones or add music to it either. I have my iPOD for that.

Needless to say, I'm not a "phone person".

Last edited by Eau de Decus : 09-24-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote