Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #1816
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Looks awesome. Wraps are always tasty. I just never fail to make a big mess out of it by the time I get to the end where all the dressing and such has gathered.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #1817
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I don't really put dressing on mine D: but it's still messssy
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #1818
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Made spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner last night and when I placed the munchkin's plate down in front of her, she just looked at it then at me and said, "I want meatballs!" We told her that the meatballs were broken up into pieces and mixed in the sauce. She was a little upset but she eventually ate it anyway.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #1819
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Made spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner last night and when I placed the munchkin's plate down in front of her, she just looked at it then at me and said, "I want meatballs!" We told her that the meatballs were broken up into pieces and mixed in the sauce. She was a little upset but she eventually ate it anyway.
Picky kids are picky.

Boyfriends niece is always saying she wants stuff to eat when she finds out we're going out and we'll pick her up something small at the place we drive through and she wont eat it or just have a few nibbles.

I think she just likes getting things and isn't genuinely hungry.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #1820
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Spaghetti and meatballs! That's what I'll make for dinner!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #1821
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mom's working a night job tonight, so I get to have that box of KD I've been craving for dinner tonight. Omnomnomnom.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 08-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #1822
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

HOLY FUCK.

Ben and Jerry's Key Lime Pie ice cream is possibly the best thing ever.

I turned down...a particular sex act... to finish eating it in a room by myself.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #1823
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ooooh, that DOES sound yummy. ....damn you, Canada/not huge city. There WAS a Ben and Jerry's that lasted a grand total of one summer, here. Now nothing. It's hard to even find the ice cream in the grocery stores. And I can't buy cartons, anyway; my freezer/fridge is fucking ancient and NEVER stays cold enough for ice cream to not be half-melted.

...ah well, back to making giant dishes of mixed frozen yogurt and toppings at Menchies that make everyone go "Oh my GOD!"
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #1824
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So. Tomatoes.

For pretty much forever, I've decidedly stayed away from raw tomatoes. Because ick. Not on salads, not on burgers, not whole cherry ones, not sliced up big ones. Nope, no raw tomatoes for me.

And lately I've had to eat small amounts of raw tomatoes for various reasons at rather important meals. I'd sort of try to disguise them in with other food.

But I didn't implode or anything after eating them, you know? The world kept on turning.

And so earlier today, I was having leftover ravioli and veal with prosciutto (fiance is a fancy kind of guy) for lunch and decided that it was a little plain since we finished the sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese wasn't really enough of a topping, and I saw the chopped up tomato leftover from fiance's bruschetta/whatever it was, and thought: Maybe...

And so I put a spoonful on my plate and went to eat.

And you know? I decided that I actually kind of maybe do like raw tomatoes. But not the inside, soft, seedy part. I like the outside, the layer connected to the skin. I don't think eating slices of tomato by themselves is in my near future, but with breads and cheeses and pasta and salami and probably other things, it's rather tasty.

Er, and so that was my story about tomatoes.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #1825
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm kinda similar; except on toasted tomato sandwiches and subs, I don't like raw tomatoes on most things. Except in my case, it's the skin part that grosses me out. (And yah, I always pick out cherry tomatoes in a salad.)
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #1826
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I kind of like the skin part. Because it's tougher and crunchy. Takes some chewing to get through. For me, the inside is too watery. And seedy. Maybe I should try different varieties of tomato to see what they're like?

I will give you my portion of tomato insides if you will donate all your tomato outsides to me? : D
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #1827
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Beefsteaks (the biiig round tomatoes) are certainly better for raw slices; plum tomatoes (the smaller, oblong-shaped ones) are tougher and more designed for cooking with than eating raw. Teeny tiny grape and cherry tomatoes are supposed to be either whole, or mashed up. Most of that comes from how tough the skin is and how much juice is in it. And obviously, size. (I kinda wish I knew how to work the scanner. Wayyyyy back in the early 90's, Mom had a vegetable garden with tomatoes, and she grew an absolutely HUGE one. She took a photo of it on the vine with a measuring tape around it. I think it was somewhere around 13 or 14 inches around... when sliced it took up almost the whole slice of bread.
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #1828
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

That is one hefty tomato. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #1829
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, hence them taking pictures. We had pumpkins one year, too; one actually got to about two feet tall, possibly more. It had to weigh fifty pounds easily. I made a big alien jack-o-lantern out of it (I had to scoop it out on the floor since it was so tall on the table) and we had pumpkin pie for weeks.
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #1830
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I like Roma tomatoes.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote