Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1891
harmonyisarine

Dinner the other night was homemade pizza, right down to the crust (though I did not make the sauce, that takes too long to boil down). I topped mine with mushrooms and onions and bacon, and then half of it also had avocado as an experiment (a tasty one). The only thing I'm not happy with is that this is the second "thin crust" recipe that still ends up with a decently thick crust. I want floppy, barely-holds-the-cheese thin. Further experimentation is necessary.

And last night I made Sapphire Cupcakes, inspired by MLP, yes. They're red raspberry cake (because red raspberries bake blue in cupcakes for some reason) dyed even more blue, with cream cheese frosting and topped with edible white shimmer powder and blue rock candy chunks. These are my three-weeks-ish late birthday cupcakes to myself, since my birthstone is sapphire and I really liked that episode of ponies anyway. Honestly, this is one of my favorite cupcakes ever. Will make again (but still plan to experiment with homemade marshmallow frosting (you can pipe it before it sets) and white chocolate frosting).
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #1892
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Tomorrow I'm going to finish up some creme brulee tartlets I made earlier (they need to be chilled for 11 hours before adding and caramelising the sugar, apparently) and make some choux buns for my aunt and uncle.

...why do all the best pastries and deserts have French names?

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #1893
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
Dinner the other night was homemade pizza, right down to the crust (though I did not make the sauce, that takes too long to boil down). I topped mine with mushrooms and onions and bacon, and then half of it also had avocado as an experiment (a tasty one). The only thing I'm not happy with is that this is the second "thin crust" recipe that still ends up with a decently thick crust. I want floppy, barely-holds-the-cheese thin. Further experimentation is necessary.

And last night I made Sapphire Cupcakes, inspired by MLP, yes. They're red raspberry cake (because red raspberries bake blue in cupcakes for some reason) dyed even more blue, with cream cheese frosting and topped with edible white shimmer powder and blue rock candy chunks. These are my three-weeks-ish late birthday cupcakes to myself, since my birthstone is sapphire and I really liked that episode of ponies anyway. Honestly, this is one of my favorite cupcakes ever. Will make again (but still plan to experiment with homemade marshmallow frosting (you can pipe it before it sets) and white chocolate frosting).
Ooooh! That sounds awesome! On my end, next time I go to Menchie's I'm going to try a dish themed from the "Baked bads" of MLP. Cake batter froyo with some vanilla and bubblegum froyo layered overtop like icing, with banana chips, gummi worms and lemon drops as tastier alternatives to chips, "cup of sour" and worms.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 10-03-2012 at 03:58 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #1894
Bisected8

Creme brulee. The desert that gives me an excuse to use a blowtorch.

http://fav.me/d5gu9gj

Unread 10-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #1895
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

I love to cook and bake!!

SO.. here is my home-made Ramen!!

And here desert for everybody!!

Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #1896
Bisected8

Those look amazing! How did you get that effect with the icing on the cupcakes?

Unread 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #1897
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

Well I have this special decoratin tools and well... some kind of imagination ^_^
Unread 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #1898
littleakiaku
littleakiaku

Talking enjoying my life and clean eats~!

just a few things ive whipped up lately...oh and im a pancake monster ahaha hope you enjoy the pics~ xP
spicy shrimp

yummy choco stack

pumpkin pancakes

delcious choco pancakes
littleakiaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #1899
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

ulalala!! Yummy begining of day!!

And shrimps - I like them ))
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #1900
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Gosh those pancakes look delicious *o* I've never had pumpkin pancakes, will have to try them sometime.

Had some of the creamy French bread from Andersen Bakery today (:

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #1901
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I love experimenting with food and today I felt like having pasta for dinner. I just didn't feel like having any ordinary spaghetti and meatballs dish. This is what I came up with:

It's whole wheat pasta coated in a dressing made from lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, a little of the cooking water from the pasta, ground thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. After cooking the spaghetti, I melted some butter all over it then poured the dressing and tossed until all noodles were coated. A little sprinkling of parsley and some pieces of breaded chicken (cut up chicken nuggets from the freezer that are cooked off if they're available) and a vegetable on the side of your choice and that is what was for dinner tonight.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #1902
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeck, I was reminded why Dad doesn't buy most meat from the grocery store (we get most of our cuts from an actual butcher shop, with the exceptions of pork loins, cottage roll and chicken breasts). We slow-cooked a pork roast and good god, half the damn thing was fat.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #1903
Maury V.
Ultra director/host/prod.

Since I came to Korea, i've been addicted to Kimchi beef and tonkatsu. It's too tasty for me to give up!
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #1904
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Found 100 calorie Nutter Butters that taste better than normal Nutter Butters. Pretty awesome.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #1905
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Bread with strawberry cream cheese. Simple, but I love it anyways. <3

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote