Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #2131
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I though ginger snaps taste better on their own. Their main attraction other than their gingeriness is their snappy/crunchiness which is a quality lost once you dunk it in hot liquid.

Chocolate hobnobs are the best biscuit. Full marks for dunking and taste. Followed by brandy snaps, shortbread, Bourbons, and jam dodgers (not the brand names ones, the nice ones you get in selection tins with jam and cream.)
I wish I spoke English so I could understand this.

Never got the hang of ginger snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #2132
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I'm not big on dunking anything. I like shortbread a lot. Also ginger snaps. Although chewy ginger cookies are also good.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #2133
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Lasagna, garlic bread, croutons. Though the last two tasted pretty similar to each other. xD

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #2134
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
I though ginger snaps taste better on their own. Their main attraction other than their gingeriness is their snappy/crunchiness which is a quality lost once you dunk it in hot liquid.

Chocolate hobnobs are the best biscuit. Full marks for dunking and taste. Followed by brandy snaps, shortbread, Bourbons, and jam dodgers (not the brand names ones, the nice ones you get in selection tins with jam and cream.)
I disagree, while they're good on their own, being soaked draws out the ginger flavour and makes it much stronger. You could argue that they're better or worse dry, but they defiantly taste great either way.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #2135
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'll only eat gingersnaps with tea, otherwise they're bleh. And I've always been a dunker for any cookie I had (for some odd reason half my friends thought it was gross that I didn't like a crumbly dry mouth every time I had a cookie and would rather not drink an entire glass of something in four swallows...). Except these things I occasionally get that the package calls Choco quattros. Basically oreos with a solid fudge button in the centre. I have to eat those by dissecting it. No other way. Oh, and the peek freans with that sugary fruit in the middle.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #2136
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I don't know why we're talking about dunking and not discussing Oreos.

Philistines.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #2137
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Sandwich biscuits are overrated. The icing's just a way to cover up the cheapness of the biscuit part.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #2138
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Sandwich biscuits are overrated. The icing's just a way to cover up the cheapness of the biscuit part.
This is incorrect, as the icing excuses everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #2139
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Dad brought home doughnuts. There's cinnamon rolls in it too. Well, now I know what my breakfast will be!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #2140
Khorrupt

You know when you put together the strangest foods, and they're actually really delicious?

Sweet potato tomatillo soup -- from a can, and kudos, because it was delicious -- with raw tuna steak in it. It was AWESOME.

I've also discovered how amazing cara cara oranges are. Like you don't even know what a good orange is until you've eaten one; they're that good.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #2141
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Why are vegans the most annoying people to buy food for?

I got chocolate donuts for my friends as we shared a group after party hangover. I thought everyone loves donuts!

"Oh we're vegan we can't eat that."
"You bitch!"

I mean I know I'm vegetarian but I'm glad we're not that bad. I jest because they're my best friends but still... what do vegans even eat as a snack or treat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #2142
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:

I got chocolate donuts for my friends as we shared a group after party hangover. I thought everyone loves donuts!

"You bitch!"

I mean I know I'm vegetarian but I'm glad we're not that bad. I jest because they're my best friends but still... what do vegans even eat as a snack or treat?
If you ever feel the need to bake something for them try this recipe for vegan German chocolate cake. I made it for my mother's birthday last year and it turned out amazing. They shouldn't have a problem with this delicious dessert.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #2143
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:

"You bitch!"

Tasteless health food. Like they always eat.
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #2144
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Went to Ikea to buy something today, and also ate there. Their food is so amazing, but I ate way too much XD Had Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, some type of tomato soup with some other veggies in there, apple pie with vanilla cream, and some lingon berry drink. I don't know why I like their food so much, but it's just so tasty!!!! ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #2145
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

There's fresh strawberries again at home! Omg yummy. Also, it's a shame I live nowhere near the neighborhood- for lunch on the way home (though he ate it before the train came), my boyfriend stopped into a sushi place for a lunch bento. For $10.95 he got a TON of food. Rice, three gyoza, a bit of salad, miso soup, three shrimp tempura, a big yam tempura piece, another piece that seemed to be some kind of squash, AND six rolled sushi pieces.