Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #2251
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
I can honestly say that avocados are like one of the best foods in the world. Just plain. I don't need to eat them with anything -- they're SO F&$#@ING DELICIOUS BY THEMSELVES.
You can have every single avocado in existence and every single avocado not in existence then (PLEASE do), because I find them absolutely GROSS. Yeck. I'll take strawberries as a top food.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #2252
anime_grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
You can have every single avocado in existence and every single avocado not in existence then (PLEASE do), because I find them absolutely GROSS. Yeck. I'll take strawberries as a top food.
agreed.

"Life is like a good manga; you just can't stop."

Conventions:
Animarathon 2012
Colossalcon 2012
Youmacon 2012
Ohayocon 2013)
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #2253
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I find your lack of faith (in avacardos) disturbing.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #2254
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

They're mushy, stringy, a very unappetizing shade of green and they taste like soap. What faith is there to have?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #2255
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

They make an excellent base for guacamole and other dips.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #2256
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm ambivalent to avocados. I would never buy them on my own unless it was a recipe I wanted to try, because meghan loves them, but if they are on or in something that's fine.

I think guacamole is overrated though.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #2257
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I'm ambivalent to avocados. I would never buy them on my own unless it was a recipe I wanted to try, because meghan loves them, but if they are on or in something that's fine.

I think guacamole is overrated though.
Thank you for a reasonable post about a food you aren't particularly crazy about.

I find it really obnoxious when one person says, "I love this food!" and someone immediately posts, "OMG those are the grossest things EVER!" Maybe it's time to read the first post in this thread again.

For the record - I too love avocados. I'm going to use the two ripe ones that I have for burritos tonight.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #2258
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Guacamole? Yeah, don't like it (or almost all other Mexican food, for that matter). I can still taste and feel the avocado. So avocado continues to have a purposeless existence for me.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #2259
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Thank you for a reasonable post about a food you aren't particularly crazy about.

I find it really obnoxious when one person says, "I love this food!" and someone immediately posts, "OMG those are the grossest things EVER!" Maybe it's time to read the first post in this thread again.

For the record - I too love avocados. I'm going to use the two ripe ones that I have for burritos tonight.
Baked Avocado Fries

I found that recipe on Tumblr, I think I may make them for Meghan sometime this weekend. As soon as I figure out how to tell a ripe from avocado from a not ripe avocado. They look really tasty in the picture.

I just think guacamole is EVERYWHERE. And I really don't like the look of the pre-made kind. A Mexican place I've been to makes it at your table, that kind is pretty good.

I'm also ambivalent to lettuce on sandwiches. I don't care if its there or not, unless its a blt.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #2260
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Lettuce is not food, lettuce comes with food. :P There's my view on lettuce in things.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #2261
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
O_O

Those look amazing.

Quote:
I found that recipe on Tumblr, I think I may make them for Meghan sometime this weekend. As soon as I figure out how to tell a ripe from avocado from a not ripe avocado.
I'm not great at it either. Generally, I look for ones that have turned very dark green and have just a bit of give. if they're really hard, usually a day next to the bananas ripens them enough. But then I prefer them when they aren't too squishy. Would think that for the fries, firmer ones would work better.

Quote:
I just think guacamole is EVERYWHERE. And I really don't like the look of the pre-made kind. A Mexican place I've been to makes it at your table, that kind is pretty good.
I agree about the pre-made, though I'll eat it. I prefer it only partly mashed rather than completely blended. Guacamole is one of those things that I like my own better than anyone else's.

Quote:
I'm also ambivalent to lettuce on sandwiches. I don't care if its there or not, unless its a blt.
Oh, see, the more vegetables on a sandwich, the better I like it.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #2262
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Oh I love veggies on my sandwich, I just don't care about lettuce. It's too much work. But tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, carrots, radishes are great. I love cucumber, tomato, spinach sandwiches with hummus in the summer time.

If the lettuce is already washed and ready I'll use it, but if I have to put forth any effort I don't bother. I think I'm just lazy... (but I''ll wash and slice all those other veggies...)
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #2263
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
If the lettuce is already washed and ready I'll use it, but if I have to put forth any effort I don't bother. I think I'm just lazy... (but I''ll wash and slice all those other veggies...)
Oh yeah, I always buy the pre-washed bags. I've tried a couple of different salad spinners and neither of them worked worth a damn.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #2264
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Oh yeah, I always buy the pre-washed bags. I've tried a couple of different salad spinners and neither of them worked worth a damn.
I always wash pre-washed lettuce. I don't know why.

I want a salad spinner to wash my bras with.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #2265
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I tried one of Subway's breakfast things for the first time today, and it actually was better than I expected. It was just the ham and egg thing, but I would eat it again I think

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is online now   Reply With Quote