Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #2401
Khorrupt

My sister made chocolate-covered strawberries tonight.

Unfortunately, sounds way better than it was.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #2402
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I was hoping to make a bigger batch of the same blackberry mead I made last year, so I've started looking for a bigger demijohn.

It turns out that 15-25 litre glass demijohns are quite hard to come by. O_o

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #2403
harmonyisarine

I spent weeks earlier collecting dandelions. Not the whole flower, that's too easy, but tearing out the yellow petal parts. So many that my thumb joints ached from the twist-squish motion.

However, it means that we can make dandelion wine this summer, a full batch of it.

I've been sick and have no appetite, but we have chicken soup with broth made from our rooster (he got too mean, so he met the stewpot), and honey-cured homemade bacon. The deliciousness is all that's kept me eating.

The raspberries, guys. There are SO MANY black raspberries on the bushes. Just a few more weeks, and then they will be mine.
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #2404
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
I spent weeks earlier collecting dandelions. Not the whole flower, that's too easy, but tearing out the yellow petal parts. So many that my thumb joints ached from the twist-squish motion.

However, it means that we can make dandelion wine this summer, a full batch of it.

I've been sick and have no appetite, but we have chicken soup with broth made from our rooster (he got too mean, so he met the stewpot), and honey-cured homemade bacon. The deliciousness is all that's kept me eating.

The raspberries, guys. There are SO MANY black raspberries on the bushes. Just a few more weeks, and then they will be mine.
You lucky son of a gun. That food sounds goooood. D: Hope you get better, though. That part's no fun.

Black raspberries are AWESOME. They have a slight chocolate taste to me... or is it that chocolate has a slight black raspberry taste? Either way I look forward to the farmer's market carrying them each summer.

We have wineberries (invasive species of raspberry) where I live but unless my father has the time to put some netting and fence posts around the berries, the birds will eat all of them just like last year's crop.

We also have a mulberry tree that the birds don't bother touching. They're pretty good but it's a bit difficult to pick them when they're ripe enough to come right off but not ripe enough that they have already fallen off of the tree.

Last edited by Captain Kaiba : 06-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #2405
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sigh. I have to likely miss a crop of apples this fall- my mom lives in a country house, and in the back fields while hiking I discovered a part of what must have been an orchard- there were six BIG, mature, and beautiful apple trees that probably hadn't been tended to in over a decade. And at the time they were loaded with apples that were getting ripe. I told Mom about it and she missed getting any that year but said she'd try and pick a bunch this coming autumn. WHICH is when I move to Toronto. Crud.
BUT I also convinced her to plant serviceberry and wild blueberry bushes. She needs some hardy shrubs and free fruit is great. We both love wild blueberries and serviceberry is AMAZINGLY delicious.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #2406
harmonyisarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kaiba View Post
You lucky son of a gun. That food sounds goooood. D: Hope you get better, though. That part's no fun.

Black raspberries are AWESOME. They have a slight chocolate taste to me... or is it that chocolate has a slight black raspberry taste? Either way I look forward to the farmer's market carrying them each summer.

We have wineberries (invasive species of raspberry) where I live but unless my father has the time to put some netting and fence posts around the berries, the birds will eat all of them just like last year's crop.

We also have a mulberry tree that the birds don't bother touching. They're pretty good but it's a bit difficult to pick them when they're ripe enough to come right off but not ripe enough that they have already fallen off of the tree.
To me, it's dark chocolates that have a berry taste. Either way, they're both amazing.

I love wineberries. I would take canes, except that I don't want to introduce it here, where it hasn't reached yet. Pretty much, if it's a raspberry, I will love it (but I'm allergic to the leaves so picking them becomes a really fun game).

I've never had a mulberry.
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #2407
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

The plantains I bought were getting super black and were starting to grow mold, so I cooked them!

They were delicious~ I hate bananas, but I love a good fried plantain.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #2408
Khorrupt

We had a joint Father's day-my birthday dinner tonight at a Japanese restaurant. Best eggdrop soup EVER.

I also made tiramisu as a surprise for my dad because it's his favourite dessert. He said it's the best he's ever had (and it's surely the best I've ever had.) For once, A+ in the dessert field for me!

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #2409
PoutyBear
Queen of the Bears

Just finished a ham and cheese sammich and am drinking a cherry Pepsi. But I've totally been in the mood for some Taco Bell lately LOL. A gordita supreme sounds nom about now. But I'm pretty adventurous with food and love trying new stuff. I mean, maybe not a fried cockroach (unless it was dipped in chocolate...), but if I'm pretty willing to try new food. I can't really think of a food I don't like of the top of my head.
PoutyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #2410
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Finally satiated my craving for white-cheddar kraft dinner.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #2411
harmonyisarine

I made red velvet cupcakes without the red dye. I've made them before with the dye, and though it wasn't much, I don't like the taste of it. Without? They're fantastic. The cake part is ever so slightly tart due to acids to get the chocolate to turn reddish, but the frosting is sweet enough to make up for it. And if I hadn't added twice the amount of chocolate, they would have ended up a beautiful mahogany color.
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #2412
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
To me, it's dark chocolates that have a berry taste. Either way, they're both amazing.

I love wineberries. I would take canes, except that I don't want to introduce it here, where it hasn't reached yet. Pretty much, if it's a raspberry, I will love it (but I'm allergic to the leaves so picking them becomes a really fun game).

I've never had a mulberry.
Yeah it's probably better if you don't introduce them to a new area. That'll just further their plans for world domination! >:3

I forgot that the mulberries on our tree are actually kind of bland. I heard the quality and flavor of mulberries varies widely from tree to tree based on the seed that was planted. Finding good ones around here is kind of rare - I think the flavor of a good black/purple mulberry is comparable to a half-decent blackberry but that could be because like I said, our tree kind of stinks.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #2413
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Having delicious dessert- Dad got these cornmeal muffins from a coworker and they taste AWESOME when warmed up with maple syrup poured over (genuine stuff, not the garbage you find in grocery stores that's ust thicker table syrup with maple flavour)
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #2414
harmonyisarine

Made ginger marshmallows and green tea marshmallows. And also marshmallows that are both, one layered over the other. The green tea is strongly-brewed and a bit of powdered green jasmine tea, the ginger flavor was extracted by mincing fresh ginger root and steeping an unholy large amount of it in boiling water until the water cooled.

Despite some huge issues during creation for both flavors, they worked out incredibly well. And I have to give credit for the flavors to my little sister, who suggested them.
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #2415
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I'm making a con carne tonight, but we're out of beans. I'm going to use mushrooms instead and see how it turns out.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote