Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #2461
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I just took a stroll outside and I noticed that the brambles are starting to fruit (or whatever the term is).

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #2462
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Thanks to all this heat, I have been eating just plain AWFUL. It's always too hot to cook or even be in the kitchen more than a few minutes combined with it taking most of my appetite away, so I have a small breakfast of cereal and, if the heat didn't rot it first, fruit, ice cream for lunch, and then whatever the hell takes no effort for dinner and doesn't require the stove/oven. Usually microwaved frozen stuff, or canned soup. Or just a sandwich and cookies followed by more ice cream because it's too effing hot. It hit 40 here today (probably closer to 50 in this damn apartment) and as a result my breakfast was a small bowl of cheerios, and my lunch was a popsicle. Not sure what dinner will be. And when it stays like this, I can't eat because any food I have will make my stomach hurt until I've had several days in much cooler temperatures. (I cannot WAIT to move. The place is air conditioned.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 07-15-2013 at 05:55 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #2463
harmonyisarine

Somehow I managed to sneak into the strip district of Pittsburgh twice in three days. I ate so many things! Best clam strips ever, my first lobster roll, a cannoli, Primanti's, gourmet popcorn... You'd think that I'd never been in the strip before, the way I ate my way through the vendors.

Going to balance it with a nice avocado and spinach salad now, I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Ah, try kneading them after letting them rise for the first time (just for five minutes, to force all the air out of the dough before you shape it) and let them rise for longer (30 minutes or so). When bread's are too heavy, it's usually because they haven't risen properly.
You know, I knew, academically, that doughnuts are bread and I know how to fix breads, but I always lump doughnuts in with cakes in my head and then forget how to fix them when they break! I will certainly try kneading it next time, and letting them rise longer. And I'm jealous of your bramble-berries. Our raspberries just finished, and I'm left staring in sadness at the empty bushes and canes.
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #2464
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I got a large cup of frozen yogurt-- peanut butter and marshmallow swirl, with strawberries, raspberries, Reese's Pieces, Reese's Cups, and brownie chunks. I've devoured the hell out of it.

Haven't cooked a real meal in a while (tonight will probably not be the night, either), but I'm in the mood for a nice pasta dish with fresh herbs and veggies.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #2465
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

Has anyone ever made any Heston Blumenthal's recipes?

I made his scrambled eggs for breakfast and they were so delicious, though his triple-cooked chips didn't give me expected results, maybe I must re-check.

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 50%
Leo (Barra / SuperCracks (Original) 45%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #2466
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

DONUTS.

Unread 07-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #2467
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

...I really need to step my game up.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #2468
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Trying Ben & Jerry's Liz Lemon frozen Greek yogurt and it's pretty good but I say that strawberry shortcake is better.

I'm making these this weekend for a cosplay cookout. I'll post a picture when they're done.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #2469
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenith View Post
DONUTS.

CUTE. Too cute to eat.
....my boyfriend sent me brownies through the mail. And Dad ate half of them before I'd had one because he demanded I put them in the fridge (unless it's perishable I keep my precious bakery treats and candy safe in my room.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #2470
harmonyisarine

Tried to make Nutella butterfingers. Turns out, Nutella doesn't have as much fat as peanut butter, but is a lot sweeter. The bars are good, but not as flaky as I'd like and half of one is too much sugar.

Trying again soon. This time, half peanut butter and half Nutella. Fingers crossed.

And I'm even more jealous of the doughnut artisans in here.
Unread 07-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #2471
Khorrupt

There's always slim pickings in my house for dinner lately.

On the bright side I found this kind of frozen dinner-thing, where all of them are meat-free and they don't taste "exceptionally frozen."

My parents ordered chicken for dinner tonight but then my mom made cabbage as well, so I ended up having pesto tortellini with mashed potatoes and gravy and cabbage.

...it was interesting.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~kigurumi!Silkie (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Elizabethan!TARDIS - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier - 15% complete
~Princess Peach - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2472
belligerent
Viking Metal

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/rec...alad-Daphne-Oz Made this tonight, except substituted slivered almonds for the cranberries/whatever toppings, and cheddar because I forgot to buy the fancy cheese. Pretty fucking good.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #2473
Khorrupt

Went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner tonight, which I believe is highly underrated. But then there's that perplexing concept where half of your meal is really good and the other half tastes like nothing.

Zucchini cakes = very good
Sweet potato fries = seriously weak

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~kigurumi!Silkie (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Elizabethan!TARDIS - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier - 15% complete
~Princess Peach - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #2474
harmonyisarine

I keep buying heavy cream to turn into butterbeer syrup, and fizzy water to use as the base, but I keep using both in other applications before I get around to making any butterbeer.

In related news, I had strawberries with whipped cream made with blueberry syrup and fresh raspberries.

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken. Chickens that, up until two weeks ago, were running around our backyard. The flavor... it's so good that it hardly even tastes like chicken.
Unread 07-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #2475
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Freshly killed chicken tastes better. It's an undisputed fact. But most people don't have the luxury of butchering their own or buying fresher kosher chickens. I haven't had super-fresh chicken in a LONG time, since I was invited to an slumber party of a friend who lived on a farm when I was in my early teens. They had chickens, and two got barbecued that night for the party. ....and then her two brothers who got the job of gutting it, thought it was awesome fun to throw the intestines at us.