Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #301
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
I'm having all-you-can-eat sushi at my favourite sushi restaurant on Saturday with nearly 40 friends and family members for my birthday. *_* Can't wait.
Holy crap that is one heavily populated birthday party. I don't think I have enough family or friends close by to accomplish that these days!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #302
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Holy crap that is one heavily populated birthday party. I don't think I have enough family or friends close by to accomplish that these days!
Word, I'm pretty sure I don't even know 40 people. At least, not 40 people who'd want to come to my party.

Yeah, I just pulled that one out.

The other night SV made tuna noodle casserole, but he forgot to add the tuna. We managed to realize it before it had been in the oven too long and saved it.

Wish I could say we were making something yummy tonight, but we're probably just going to grab something quick while we're running errands.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #303
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I have never actually HAD Tuna Casserole. What's in it, exactly? (Besides, of course, tuna.)

Aaaaand, at the moment, I'm stir frying some noodles and vegetables. Woo.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #304
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
I have never actually HAD Tuna Casserole. What's in it, exactly? (Besides, of course, tuna.)

And tuna and something crispy like fried onion bits or potato chips to that, and you have the components of tuna casserole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #305
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post

My recipe:

-Cooked pasta
-Cream of mushroom soup
-Milk
-Frozen veggies
-Drained, flaked tuna
-Something crispy (bread crumbs, crushed chips or crackers, fried onions, etc.)
-Salt & pepper

Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish, reserving some crispy bits for topping. Bake in oven at 425 for about 20-25 minutes (mileage may vary depending on size of casserole) until liquid is bubbling, then top with crispy bits and cook for another 5 minutes until topping is crunchy. The key is to put in enough liquid to keep it moist, but not so much that it's goopy. Also, crunchy bits. Crunchy bits are IMPERATIVE.

Casseroles are great because you can take all sorts of leftovers in your fridge and pantry and make a whole new dinner out of them. Many has been the night when I just chopped up whatever had been sitting in the fridge, threw in a can of condensed soup, topped it with the last cracker crumbs in the sleeve, and called it a night.

Put enough hot sauce on it and it's fine.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #306
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Tonight I made spaghetti bolognese (though with tagliatelle instead of spaghetti.) I always make twice more bolognese than what I need, so I can freeze the other half to make lasagne another day.. But there was so much meat that I had to cook it in the wok. D:
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #307
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Word, I'm pretty sure I don't even know 40 people. At least, not 40 people who'd want to come to my party.
The powers of university + Facebook? It'll be me, my two brothers, 10 people I've met through cosplay over the years, 3-4 people from my high school, 13 people I know through anime club at my university, and 9 people from my program.

I invited a ridiculous number of people; in the past I'd normally just invite a handful of closer friends, but this is me overcompensating for my parents being on vacation during my birthday for the third consecutive year, haha.

Thanks for sharing the tuna casserole recipe, PD! I'd love to make that sometime.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #308
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Man...I love frappucinos with tapioca. But I kinda feel like an anteater sucking up the little balls of tapioca with my straw after all the coffee is gone.

/random

Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Various rockstars
Unread 03-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #309
nannyogg
:)

My daughter and I made this for dinner and it turned out soooo good! (page down 1 click for the recipe)
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #310
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyogg View Post
My daughter and I made this for dinner and it turned out soooo good! (page down 1 click for the recipe)
That looks really tasty. Sometimes I make a concoction with a box of tomato soup, chicken broth, a tub of cream cheese with garlic and chive, and cheese tortellini. It's yummy, but yours sounds a lot healthier!

Today for lunch I'm making a homemade version of KFC's Famous Bowl. I KNOW. IT'S TERRIBLE. BUT IT TASTES SO GOOD.
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #311
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I just pulled that one out.
See I could get 40 people to show, I wouldn't know more than half of them however. Turns out Boyfriend knows a lot of goons xD

Quote:

Today for lunch I'm making a homemade version of KFC's Famous Bowl. I KNOW. IT'S TERRIBLE. BUT IT TASTES SO GOOD.
Make that for me RIGHT NOW.

I am still trying to figure out how to fancy up noodle soup that comes in a package. The short thin noodle kind. :K So likely I'll just re-heat whats left over from yesterday and make a hot dog...fancy livin' here I come. LA LA LA LA LA.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #312
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I want to bake oatmeal raisin pecan cookies. BUT I AIN'T GOT NO RAISINS!!!! Noooo.

Various rockstars
Unread 03-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #313
nannyogg
:)

nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #314
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

I made teriyaki stir fry with basmati rice today. Upon realizing that I had no thawed meat to throw in there, I was offered some hot dogs by my roommate, from which I made octopus dogs. THEY WERE THE CUTEST THINGS EVER. I almost felt bad eating them.

...but they were delicious
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #315
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

OMG, I used to LOVE hot dogs cut up like octopi or spiders. X3.
...of course, nowadays, the thought of spiders freaks me out. But truss a hot dog up so it's all leggy and weird and call it a spider-dog when I'm six? YEAH!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote