Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #376
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
DAT VEGETARIAN BIBLE
I WANT IT.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #377
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Just getting over being sick. Now my boyfriend's sick.
He eats only pizza and pizza-like things (read: pasta with marinara and cheese, no meat, no veggies, grilled-cheese sandwiches, etc. Not even scrambled eggs or burgers.)

What can I cook for him while he's getting better?

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #378
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
I WANT IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Just getting over being sick. Now my boyfriend's sick.
He eats only pizza and pizza-like things (read: pasta with marinara and cheese, no meat, no veggies, grilled-cheese sandwiches, etc. Not even scrambled eggs or burgers.)

What can I cook for him while he's getting better?
1. Definitely get it, it is a tome of majesty.

2. Wow, that's... wow. That is a narrow sort of diet. Is it a stomach thing or a cold or what? I'd recommend plain pizza dough baked with a little bit of olive oil, grated cheese, and rosemary if his stomach is upset, because it's pretty mild. If he's got a cold, pasta and marinara probably won't be too bad. Dairy's bad for both gastrointestinal and respiratory troubles, so the less cheese, the better.

EDIT: I've had Hi-Chews once or twice, but has anyone had Puccho candy? It looks intriguing.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 04-19-2011 at 12:03 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #379
Clyde_2.0
Wakka Wakka Wakka...

Making a New York style cheesecake from scratch... It smells sooooooo good.
Unread 04-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #380
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
My mother gave me this vegetarian Bible when I got married, and I haven't made nearly enough use of it; you could go through that book and never need to make anything with meat again.
I'm a Bittman fan, though he is a little tree-huggy even for me. But I like his commonsense approach to things. I made a big batch of granola this morning from the recipe in this book. I make it all the time and it is OMG THE BEST granola ever! We eat vegetarian at home 5 or 6 nights a week and chicken the other nights though I do love a good steak or hamburger when I eat out. Also - BACON!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #381
totorolover
Sleep is 4 loserS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde_2.0 View Post
Making a New York style cheesecake from scratch... It smells sooooooo good.
ohh i was gonna make a fruit swirled cheesecake but looks like it will have to wait untill tomorrow. ive made a plain Philadelphia recipe and everyone said it was better than store bought.

costume list

chii- clamp no kieske cover
Dream - sandman comics
caption harlock (for husband)
totoro dress (daughter)
totorolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #382
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Having to make a ton of cookies for a community night thing happening at my church tomorrow night. My kitchen smells so good, its hard not to eat any of the cookies... @_@
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #383
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Going to try a different style of easter dinner; honeyed roast duck, and sweet potatoes (in some form. Not sure which yet. Maybe baked...). Mmm. Wish me luck. Neither Mom or I have roasted a duck before. Lasttime I had duck, Dad roasted it, and it wasn't a whole bird, just a breast (shot by a friend of ours who duck hunts. It wasa wood duck. And good god, it was as hard as wood. X_X)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #384
PinkApple

Bagels and Lox this morning for breakfast!! ..With avacado and spinach for extra yum :9
PinkApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #385
Stina006
Even in darkness...

I had a 'pocky only' diet and an 'Ice diet'.
very bad............DONT DO IT Maaaaan.
got very sick and looked really horrible.
umum...does sushi count as a good dinner? : D Tuna with the skin still on it hand roll with eel sauce rice and yummyummy kani shredded on top~
and on the side a jalepenyo *cant spell XD* roll with ginger on the seaweed and cucomber and cream cheese and *drool*
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #386
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

mmm. Home-made banana cream pie for dessert. And I got the last piece (psh, I only GOT two of the eight...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #387
SaskWhovian

Not a big fan of Banana cream desserts.

Banana cake or muffins though? Yes. Muchly yes.

DRAGON*CON 2011:
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Dr Who):100% Saturday and Sunday
Victor "Sully" Sullivan (Uncharted):100% Friday and Monday
FINALLY READY!
SaskWhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #388
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

And homemade banana bread. Once again, my Mom bakes awesome scratch banana bread. She also used to do great shortbread cookies and from-sratch (including the crust and a little dough apple-sculpture on the top crust) apple pie. Mmm. I certainly had plenty of old-fashioned home cooking in my childhood.
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #389
SaskWhovian

My mom tends to do apple pies, apple crisp and most banana based cake/bread/muffiny things from scratch.

Everything else she would buy.

DRAGON*CON 2011:
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Dr Who):100% Saturday and Sunday
Victor "Sully" Sullivan (Uncharted):100% Friday and Monday
FINALLY READY!
SaskWhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #390
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mine used to bake a lot when i was a kid, but now that she's been divorced (agan) since I was twelve or so, and has her own business to run (and a contracting business, so she can pull MASSIVELY long weeks sometimes)... AND upkeep on a big chunk of property and the house in the country... yah. Not much time to bake any more.
Now my boyfriend does all the baking. XD (Cookies, pie, quiche, and plenty of regular cooking. I HATE being in the kitchen, and he's one hell of a cook.)