Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #421
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Don't know if this is your situation, but I think with a lot of folks in the US, they've never had vegetables that are prepared well. Canned vegetables? XP I think that frozen is o.k. for some things if you are putting them in a casserole (I'll use frozen corn or peas) but nothing is as good as fresh. I think that a lot of times vegetables are over cooked too. I like mine best when they still have a little crunch.

I also love veggie lasagna. Well, I love meat lasagna too.
I love my frozen veggies, and sometimes even canned have their place (this is terrible, but sometimes I like to make cream of chicken soup with canned peas over white rice), but I agree that bad preparation/overcooking of vegetables is a major issue.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #422
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Vegetables prepared the tasty nom nom way
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #423
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I would love more frozen/steamed from fresh veggies in my diet (It's largely canned, rarely fresh here), but my freezer is tiny and always crammed full no matter how little is in it, AND my dad and boyfriend hate frozen vegetables. And buying fresh ones constantly is unaffordable. (And I find half the time, they just rot anyway, because I'm too lazy to prepare anything).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #424
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Do you guys know what season it is?!

PEEPS IN A MICROWAVE SEASON!!!!!!!

(DO it. You won't regret it.)

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #425
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

What ARE Peeps? I think I've only heard of them once. (Never seen them up here.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 04-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #426
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras

Fourth Meal 4 the win!

I'm not having tacos, buuut I did make a smashin' double decker BLT with mayo and thousand island dressing. On honey wheat bread of course. ^^
Unread 04-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #427
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I would love more frozen/steamed from fresh veggies in my diet (It's largely canned, rarely fresh here), but my freezer is tiny and always crammed full no matter how little is in it, AND my dad and boyfriend hate frozen vegetables. And buying fresh ones constantly is unaffordable. (And I find half the time, they just rot anyway, because I'm too lazy to prepare anything).
All this is sadly true. My refrigerator is always stuffed. It annoys me and then I feel like a selfish spoiled whore - "Waaaah! I have too much food! Poor meeeeee!" -_-;

It is more expensive and more trouble. You have to shop more often and plan meals more carefully. Sometimes I feel like I spend half my life washing and chopping vegetables. But I do love them. And they're healthy!

I used to live at a place where I passed a farmer's market on my way home from work and I could buy whatever I needed each day. It was awesome.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #428
SaskWhovian

I generally just hate cooked vegetables. I eat them raw or not at all. The only exception are onions. For them cooked in with things or nothing.

But yeah, growing up it was canned or frozen... which need to be cooked and are gross. I would rather just buy some carrots and what not and eat as is! The only time I eat them cooked are in things like spaghetti sauces or curry.

DRAGON*CON 2011:
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Dr Who):100% Saturday and Sunday
Victor "Sully" Sullivan (Uncharted):100% Friday and Monday
FINALLY READY!
SaskWhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #429
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm the opposite. The only raw vegetables I can tolerate are carrot sticks smothered in dip, and mushrooms. And I guess I can count salad (and the only kind I like is ceasar:P). If it's as a toasted tomato sandwich, I can tolerate raw tomatoes in that form only.

...otherwise, everything cooked. Preferably steamed, because it's fresh and light and has some decent crispiness. I especially love steamed green beans.
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #430
SaskWhovian

Tomatoes are delicious. I hate them ON things like burgers and that but thanks to my Grandpa I can just sit there and eat them whole. Instead of apples or whatever whenever I would visit he would have a basket of tomatoes he got at the farmers market and we would wash then just eat them. Nom.

DRAGON*CON 2011:
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Dr Who):100% Saturday and Sunday
Victor "Sully" Sullivan (Uncharted):100% Friday and Monday
FINALLY READY!
SaskWhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #431
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

That always grossed me out. X_X I don't like tomatoes if theyre not heavily processed (ketchup, canned soup, etc.) or cut in thin slices. On that note, I HATE stewing tomatoes, and Spanish rice. Ugh. Mom's got about ten mason jars of her garden's tomatoes, and unless it's spaghetti sauce, I retch a little inside when I see her open one up. X_X Not to mention, raw tomatoes give me nasty canker sores.
Unread 04-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #432
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras

Is anyone trying out healthy cereals as of late?

They are pricer because they're healthy/organic, buuut in the long run your body will thank you down the road.

I like the Kashi Brand, Fiber One is...err...okay, and Wheaties Fuel is delicious having 100% on almost everything in the Nutritional Facts on the side. You can make them go 110% if you use skim milk, however, not I for that stuff is grotesque tasting...
Unread 04-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #433
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Honeydew melon!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #434
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade007 View Post
Is anyone trying out healthy cereals as of late?
I make my own granola and it is so, so delicious. Rolled oats, raw nuts, unsweetened coconut, dried pineapple, cinnamon and a little maple syrup.

I know that I sound like the world's biggest hippie. Fresh vegetables! Granola! I assure you - I love french fries and chocolate and alcohol just as much, if not more, than the next person. But since I also love a lot of foods that are healthier, I try to eat those most of the time.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #435
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I don't usually eat cold cereal, but I eat plenty of nice, healthy oatmeal.