Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #601
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
It kind of makes sense, but I am also very fond of shortcuts and convenience foods. I'd make crust from scratch if I was doing a tart or something like that, but for a pie so far I've just used the pre-made. That cream cheese crust sounds pretty fantastic, though.

SV also prefers pie to cake. Handy information for when birthdays come up. I'm generally big into pie filling, but pie crusts have never been good friends to me.
Try THIS.

Best pie crust ever (and a really good pie to boot). I throw egg whites on the top and sprinkle some sugar. I bake those things like mad during the fall season when apples are fresh. The crust.... is WAY better then anything pre-made... and it's very simple and awesome.

Also... for cake, it doesn't have to be hard. THIS beauty is FAST, SIMPLE, and REALLY F'ING GOOD.

@ Mango - totally checked out that apple rhubarb pie, and am totally making that. Not now mind you, i'm all getting into strawberry mode for june. Strawberry rhubarb first.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #602
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
My mother's vegetarian, apparently she though if she let me and my brother choose we'd decide to be vegetarians of our own volition.

It didn't take. She has no one to blame but herself and those delicious Sunday roasts though.
So wait - your mom is a vegetarian but she still made roasts for you guys? Man, a mother's love is a powerful thing.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #603
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
So wait - your mom is a vegetarian but she still made roasts for you guys? Man, a mother's love is a powerful thing.
Yeah, she made sure it was ethically sourced meat though.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #604
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
But I don't like it.
It was response to another post which has seemed to have disappeared...

Anyways, when I left my parents place for mother's day my mom sent a pork tenderloin with me, only now just finished it. Hot pork sandwiches, mmm.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #605
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Went to my favorite sandwhich place in Manhattan with my lunch time posses (LTP if you will). Had a grilled chicken sammich on a roll with just the right amount of terakayi on it, as well with melthed chill, grilled red peppers, lettuce and delicious apparently, because i want to drop another $7.50 on one.

As a snack we had hummus, pretzel crisps/logs/ranch pretezels to split amongts the LTP, and let me tell you- pretzel crips + BBQ sauce =fantastic.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #606
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Try THIS.

Best pie crust ever (and a really good pie to boot). I throw egg whites on the top and sprinkle some sugar. I bake those things like mad during the fall season when apples are fresh. The crust.... is WAY better then anything pre-made... and it's very simple and awesome.
Shortening? No butter? HMMM. I'd give it a shot, though. Might as well put that vegetable shortening to some use besides greasing my hands for MMF. That's, uh, marshmallow fondant. Not something kinky. Honestly.

I just printed out a bunch of recipes for vegetarian meals. Since I have a bunch of grocery shopping to do, it's a good opportunity to grab a cart's worth of tofu and veggies and go nuts.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #607
Stina006
Even in darkness...

i made some tofu steaks....wrap them in flour and bake 'em...
they were tasty XD
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #608
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Shortening? No butter? HMMM. I'd give it a shot, though. Might as well put that vegetable shortening to some use besides greasing my hands for MMF. That's, uh, marshmallow fondant. Not something kinky. Honestly.

I just printed out a bunch of recipes for vegetarian meals. Since I have a bunch of grocery shopping to do, it's a good opportunity to grab a cart's worth of tofu and veggies and go nuts.
Oh yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Seriously, I like this plan. Let's go shopping when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #609
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I just found out there's a restaurant in San Francisco whose whole menu is inspired by carnivals.

Dammit. Now I kind of want to go to San Francisco.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #610
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Chinese curry. Damn, miss that and want it now. I had it at a chinese fast food joint that was a common place to get chinese food at my hs on one of their lapses of judgement where they had a daily special and was sold on that. Then totally forgot about it till recently when I had it at this one chinese restaurant that was one of the best I've tried and reminded me of how good it is.

Too bad no-one in my family likes that stuff which means I can't order it when we go out for dinner....
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #611
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
Too bad no-one in my family likes that stuff which means I can't order it when we go out for dinner....
...You can't order things your family doesn't like when you all go out to eat? Does everyone share all the food? Does everyone have to order the same dish? I'm honestly a little confused by this concept.
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #612
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
I never use butter. ^^

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #613
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I never use butter. ^^

Paula Deen would take issue with that.
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #614
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
...You can't order things your family doesn't like when you all go out to eat? Does everyone share all the food? Does everyone have to order the same dish? I'm honestly a little confused by this concept.
Well, if I do order, it'd end up purely for myself since brother doesn't like curry, parents' don't like spice.

Essentially, we all order and we all share the food that we each ordered. From an outside perspective it's pretty weird but that's the tradition I've been raised on that any food ordered is fair game for everyone and should be shared. By each person ordering a different dish the greater the variety and more of the menu is covered.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #615
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
I never use butter. ^^
What do you use in butter's stead? Lard? Margarine? o.O