Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #796
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

I'm eating fresh, ripe strawberries cut in half and dipped in some nice balsamic vinegar. If you cut open an angel, this is what they're full of.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #797
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Strawberries.... with vinegar?

Unless I know shit-all about vinegar, that sounds horrendously tart.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #798
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

OMG NO, IT'S DELICIOUS.

High end, real balsamic vinegar is amazing with fruit.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #799
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Believe me, it doesn't even need to be all that high-end. But it does need to be a ripe strawberry that actually tastes like a strawberry. The cardboard ones out of season at the grocery store just make you waste vinegar that you could have put on some salad or bread.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #800
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I had something sort of similar today.
Oranges with rose water.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #801
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

You know, even without vinegar, strawberries that do not taste like cardboard are one of the most amazing food substances known to man. I remember the summer my mom accidentally grew a strawberry patch that took over our vegetable gardern. Hundreds of strawberries. I was in heaven.

And I suppose I'm spoiled with the high end vinegar. My mom's boyfriend is a chef. He brings home amazing things that are technically out of date, and not able to be sold, but perfectly fine for eating.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #802
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I need to go pick wild strawberries this summer. You'll scorn supermarket ones forever after eating those. Same with wild blueberries. However, I've been skunked in the last while for finding patches out in the woods. There's not much for blueberries around my place (but go an hour north, EVERYWHERE. I practically lived off of the bushes when I was a kid up there), and wild strawberries take a LOT of work to get a good amount of. Since they don't grow in patches/buhes. I missed the freaking raspberries, too, because someone picked the WHOLE patch I'd found. Srsly. I found the patch, decided it needed a few more days to ripen....came back with my baskets and there was nothing left. X_XU
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #803
Convulsive
My name is Kan

good greif, guys. Now I want to try this strawberry-in-vinegar thing.
But lately I've been craving sushi, big macs, and oreo milkshakes. UGH. I've craved sushi for the past 2 weeks and the closest thing i got was some left over lo mein and an eggroll. It was yummers and all, but I wanted sushi :< I'm going downstairs to get an oreo sandwich when i really want a milkshake. Poopyheads, I hate cravings.

PS. note to self... need more fudge rounds.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #804
squ33k t0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
My favourite dish is (not accurate spelling, more of a phonetic) Boong Jay Yaw Tit Noong. Grilled chicken and deep-fried spring rolls, shredded lettuce, bean sprouts, celery and pickled carrot, over a bed of rice noodles, and sprinkled with roasted peanuts with nuoc mam to flavour.
I believe I've had something very similar, if not the same. I just don't think mine was served with celery or pickled carrots. It was indeed very delicious, though. I don't think I've ever managed to finish it though. xD; I would always get so full on the noodles. I love noodles, but they defeat me sometimes...

Cosplay/Art Tumblr

Last edited by squ33k t0y : 06-15-2011 at 10:58 PM.
squ33k t0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #805
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Lol, my bad. It was cucumber, not celery. Wasn't thinking. And yeah, the carrot is fairly small in portion. It's just a lump of shredded pickled carrot.
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #806
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE SO MUCH.

It's, like, a huge directory of awesome recipes, with pictures and links to good cooking blogs.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #807
squ33k t0y

...I like very much.

Cosplay/Art Tumblr
squ33k t0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #808
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post

It's, like, a huge directory of awesome recipes, with pictures and links to good cooking blogs.
Bookmarked! Speaking of fruit and balsamic vinegar, this one looks awesome (despite the icky blog name).

@Mango. Still waiting for your cold lentil stew w/ pineapple recipe.

Trying to get all my cooking done this morning because it's supposed to hit 88F here today. Making cold noodles with peanut pesto and grilled tofu.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #809
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:

Bookmarked forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Bookmarked! Speaking of fruit and balsamic vinegar, this one looks awesome (despite the icky blog name).

@Mango. Still waiting for your cold lentil stew w/ pineapple recipe.

Trying to get all my cooking done this morning because it's supposed to hit 88F here today. Making cold noodles with peanut pesto and grilled tofu.
1. The strawberry recipe does sound quite nice. I've never actually had strawberries with balsamic, shame on me, but I keep wanting to try strawberry-balsamic sorbet.

Speaking of weird fruit combos, I still have that watermelon sitting around and I need to use it up before it goes to waste. I really wanted to try reproducing a watermelon salad we had at a wedding last year-- it was cubes of watermelon with feta cheese, cured olives, mint, and maybe something else, and it was outrageously good. SV won't let me try it, though. He just wants to turn it into juice.

2. I should probably throw something together before I leave the house, too. I know SV only got four hours of sleep and he's been working OT for the past three weeks straight, and if last night was any indication he will not be in a shape to cook when he gets home. I won't be home until after 9. Noodles with peanut sauce sounds just about my speed right now.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #810
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:

Oh hell yes! I've mostly been relying on the cookbook section of wikibooks and some old recipe books up until now!

You have my eternal gratitude.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote