Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #76
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brsis View Post
Mmmmmm Camembert... I have a great recipe I got off my mother (Alternate layers of cheese and seasoned toast, spoonful of cream on top, cover and bake in the oven, big dollop of fruit jelly on top and DIG IN) but I don't have the little ramekin dishes to make it in... and it's bloody expensive trying to get it in the little wooden boxes so I can bake it in the oven!

Guys, Mum just baked me two dozen English Muffins. Two DOZEN. Even I cannot physically consume two dozen sets of my usual English Muffin arrangements (Poached eggs and hollandaise or sweet grilled bacon, cheese and cracked black pepper) so what are your favourite things to put on English Muffins?
This is also terrible eating, but because my grandma used to make them, I have a soft spot for english muffin pizzas: split them in half, top with a little tomato sauce, some shredded mozzarella (or sliced if you're fancy), and your choice of toppings, then broil or stick in the toaster oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the muffin is starting to turn golden brown.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #77
Keebablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
This is really, really awful, but when I get a bad craving for cheesecake, I take a tub of no-bake "cheesecake" filling, a chocolate pie crust, and a can of cherry pie filling and go nuts.

Or, instead of cherries, I top it with chopped Reese's cups and peanut butter sauce.

Yes, this is why I'm fat.
That.sounds.amazing.
Keebablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #78
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Am I the only one on the planet who finds cheesecake revolting in every way?....
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #79
Keebablue

Lol I'm sure yoir not. Oooooh I love tuna sandwiches ....
Keebablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #80
Clyde_2.0
Wakka Wakka Wakka...

*Is baking ginger cookies*

Yum, Yum. ^_^
Clyde_2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #81
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I had a spinach/mushroom/onion fritatta (frittata?) with Romano cheese this morning! My breath is kickin', but it was awesome!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #82
DaemonForce
Unhealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde_2.0 View Post
*Is baking ginger cookies*
*steals half the ginger*

There's good and then there's damn good. You can have the rest of my chocolate surplus instead. I need some ginger like right now. o_O
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Hare Hare Yukai (Non-Lead) - 35%
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #83
daylight
Sugar Junkie

I just made some boiled eggs

boiled eggs are good

I used to eat them all the time when I was a kid
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #84
HomeDepot

I've never boiled an egg. But I just started eating fried eggs over the summer, and I've become a bit obsessed. I make sort of ad hoc Bi Bim Bop or just have really runny eggs over toast.

I'm also having a love affair with the local meat market. They have a huge variety of cheese. My current favorite is wensleydale with cranberries.
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #85
cupofjasmine
felidaepounce

I just got finished eating those little White Castle burgers and I feel like I'm about to explode. I'd really like a big bowl of vegetarian chili (though i'm not vegetarian, it is very tasty).
cupofjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #86
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My mom makes such AWESOME banana bread (all from scratch). We've devoured two loaves in three days...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #87
squ33k t0y

I haven't ate since about noon. Which is 12 hours ago, now o__o;..

But a friend took me out for sushi today. I was full of salmon, tofu, and soba.

...Yesss.

Cosplay/Art Tumblr
squ33k t0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #88
Ita
Obsessed with horror

I'm absolutely craving meat right now, but as it's 12.23 am here... What you gonna do when the family's sleeping? My hot chocolate will have to do for now, it's delicious.
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #89
Akemi Idane
Sew like a cosplayer.

I'm chewing on unpopped popcorn seeds. It's just something to keep my mouth busy so I don't overeat too much.

Planned Cosplays:
Kumoricon 2011
Eridan Ampora - Homestuck - 0%
Neuro - Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro - 0%
Gumi - Matroyshka - 0%
Akemi Idane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #90
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

I would like you all to know of my day's adventure of cake making. It started with a plan to make a cake, the likes of which have never been seen.

It was a chocolate cake. Your basic chocolate cake. With chocolate chips mixed in. Two layers of chocolatey goodness. That is not the most spectacular part. The most spectacular part was the filling, which was so immense that the end result looked more like a giant oreo nightmare. It started with the first layer of chocolate cake. Then chocolate ice cream. After that we added cheesecake filling. Which was then topped with dark chocolate mousse. The chocolate chips were sprinkled on top. Finally, the second layer of cake was placed on top.

What we ate was no mere cake. What we ingested this night was pure diabetes.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote