Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #1261
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Olives, why do you insist on being so good? It makes me so sad when I run out of you.
Did you eat all my kalamata olives? DID YOU EAT THAT WHOLE JAR?
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #1262
SafetyMoose
Loading Custom Title...

The kitchen staff made muffins in the department Lounge today. Apparently Canadian cops like Muffins more then Doughnuts? I personally disagree..
SafetyMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #1263
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I've yet to meet an olive I don't love.

You know what I love? I'm sure you don't so I'll tell you. Carmelized onions. I have some frying right now.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #1264
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Did you eat all my kalamata olives? DID YOU EAT THAT WHOLE JAR?
No, just the ones in that quiche/omelet hybrid you made.

EDIT: DAMN IT, HAG! FUCK THAT AND FUCK HER! YUUUUUUUCK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #1265
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMoose View Post
The kitchen staff made muffins in the department Lounge today. Apparently Canadian cops like Muffins more then Doughnuts? I personally disagree..
Dude. We get it. You're going to be a cop. That's great. I mean it. No snark. You don't have to mention it in every single post.

Quote:

EDIT: DAMN IT, HAG! FUCK THAT AND FUCK HER! YUUUUUUUCK.

I also love olives. But I hate pitting them. Which is why I bought an olive pitter this weekend. I hope to also use it on cherries.
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #1266
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
You know what I love? I'm sure you don't so I'll tell you. Carmelized onions. I have some frying right now.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss. Caramelized onions on everything. SO GOOD. Although lately I've enjoyed pickled onions, as well. But caramelized onions are better, and maybe I should make an onion tart sometime soon, since they are cheap and easy and delicious and that is how I like things.

Quote:
Oh, okay then.

Quote:
I also love olives. But I hate pitting them. Which is why I bought an olive pitter this weekend. I hope to also use it on cherries.
I always just buy the pitted kind, because that is how lazy I am. But those cherries we got from you? The ones that were so amazing? I did pit each one with a knife and was very proud of myself for only cutting myself twice. The blood blended right in with the cherry juice, so it was all right.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1267
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

So...croissants.

Is there a word for buyer's remorse when it's applied to your free time instead of money?

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1268
SafetyMoose
Loading Custom Title...

Quote:
Dude. We get it. You're going to be a cop. That's great. I mean it. No snark. You don't have to mention it in every single post.
Oh im sorry, can I not bring work experiences in to play here? Last time I checked this was about food. No need to get all uptight over something that stupid my friend.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #1269
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Oh im sorry, can I not bring work experiences in to play here? Last time I checked this was about food. No need to get all uptight over something that stupid my friend.
Yes. This is the food thread. Not the work thread. And it wouldn't be a big deal except this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned the cop thing, including telling SV how he'd better watch out or you would come and arrest him for assault. Now you don't have to believe me, because after all this is the internet, but I come from a law enforcement family. My parents met in police school. And you come off like one of the wannabe groupies who hang around law enforcement trying to be macho. The real cops would laugh at them. Unless they were rich and then they'd humor them. Now maybe you aren't that way in real life. Maybe you'll become a great cop someday. I don't know. I don't know you. I hope you do. But all I have to go on right now is how you act on the internet. And you're acting like a jerk. But hey - it's a free internet. Do as you will. That's what the ignore function is for.

Last edited by The Hag : 04-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #1270
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Yes. This is the food thread. Not the work thread. And it wouldn't be a big deal except this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned the cop thing, including telling SV how he'd better watch out or you would come and arrest him for assault. Now you don't have to believe me, because after all this is the internet, but I come from a law enforcement family. My parents met in police school. And you come off like one of the wannabe groupies who hang around law enforcement trying to be macho. The real cops would laugh at them. Unless they were rich and then they'd humor them. Now maybe you're aren't that way in real life. Maybe you'll be a great cop someday. I don't know. I don't know you. I hope you do. But all I have to go on right now is how you act on the internet. And you're acting like a jerk. But hey - it's a free internet. Do as you will. That's what the ignore function is for.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #1271
SafetyMoose
Loading Custom Title...

Quote:
Yes. This is the food thread. Not the work thread. And it wouldn't be a big deal except this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned the cop thing, including telling SV how he'd better watch out or you would come and arrest him for assault. Now you don't have to believe me, because after all this is the internet, but I come from a law enforcement family. My parents met in police school. And you come off like one of the wannabe groupies who hang around law enforcement trying to be macho. The real cops would laugh at them. Unless they were rich and then they'd humor them. Now maybe you aren't that way in real life. Maybe you'll become a great cop someday. I don't know. I don't know you. I hope you do. But all I have to go on right now is how you act on the internet. And you're acting like a jerk. But hey - it's a free internet. Do as you will. That's what the ignore function is for.
I don't see how i'm acting like a jerk to be honest, nor do I get treated in real life anywhere close to what you describe. Frankly if you knew half as much about police work as you claim, you would know it becomes a persons life, its what I draw a ton of my daily experiences from. Thanks for being straight up though, it helps me understand that this obviously is not the place for me, thanks for saving a ton of my time, I truly appreciate it. next time you call me a jerk, look at your own actions. Peace.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #1272
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Is there a word for buyer's remorse when it's applied to your free time instead of money?
"Waste of time"? Those don't look like your best efforts. ): Live and learn. I'd eat one though!
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #1273
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
I don't see how i'm acting like a jerk to be honest, nor do I get treated in real life anywhere close to what you describe. Frankly if you knew half as much about police work as you claim, you would know it becomes a persons life, its what I draw a ton of my daily experiences from. Thanks for being straight up though, it helps me understand that this obviously is not the place for me, thanks for saving a ton of my time, I truly appreciate it. next time you call me a jerk, look at your own actions. Peace.
Maybe it's different in Canada, but the cops I know don't like bringing their work home with them. They also have thick skin and let mild criticisms slide off their backs.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #1274
catherine1

food: my favourite topic

i love food and anything related with food. my favourite food is fish, vegetable and rice. how to eat a delicious and healthy food is a complex question.
catherine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #1275
SafetyMoose
Loading Custom Title...

Quote:
Maybe it's different in Canada, but the cops I know don't like bringing their work home with them. They also have thick skin and let mild criticisms slide off their backs.
Yeah well cops in the US are renowned for being blatant ass holes. There is a reason the requirements are so high up here.