Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #1321
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

So, I wanted something warm for lunch, then I spotted a chicken noodle soup recipe on the side of some spaghetti, but I didn't have any cooked chicken. So I used cheese instead.

As it turns out, vegetable stock, spaghetti and Stilton go together quite well.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #1322
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Holy fuck.
Caracas in the East Village has the effing best banana cinnamon shakes in existence.
I didn't know how much I needed that in my life until yesterday.

Oh, and I made, like, a shit-ton of oatmeal-raisin cookies, because Mathematician and I like oatmeal-raisin cookies and he needs to not buy all his meals at restaurants if he wants to save money. I mean, seriously, bro.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #1323
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I swear, cookies with raisins in are just to lure you into thinking its got chocolate chips.

And then BAM -- like some evil, fruity, wrinkly bait and switch. Why do you do this to me, raisins? Huh? WHY?!?! I HAVE NO QUALMS WITH YOU!!!
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #1324
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
I swear, cookies with raisins in are just to lure you into thinking its got chocolate chips.

And then BAM -- like some evil, fruity, wrinkly bait and switch. Why do you do this to me, raisins? Huh? WHY?!?! I HAVE NO QUALMS WITH YOU!!!
See, I'm that way about oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I'm like, "Yay, oatmeal-raisin!" then I bite into it and I'm like, "Dammit, chocolate chips! Y U IN DIS OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIE?!"

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1325
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Holy fuck.
Caracas in the East Village has the effing best banana cinnamon shakes in existence.
I didn't know how much I needed that in my life until yesterday.
*notes for later*
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #1326
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Double-posting because apparently if you bought Nutella within the last 4 years, you can get a cut of this ridiculous class-action lawsuit.

Really? Nutrition labels are RIGHT THERE. All you have to do is LOOK AT THEM. Plus, have you ever tasted Nutella? Have you ever put that in your mouth? What kind of person believes that's a healthy breakfast option?
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #1327
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

It tastes like pure chocolate, but they always market it as a healthy spread... I could see them getting in trouble for false advertising, but yah. Do people not actually look at the nutrition labels? Just because something isn't obvious junk food or claims to be healthy doesn't mean it is. Heck, look at Nutrigrain bars. They're no better for you calorie, fat and sugar-wise than a regular chocolate-chip-filled granola bar... and Vitamin water has a fucking warning label saying DO NOT DRINK IF UNDER 18.

Also, pizza for dinner tonight. Mmmm.

Edit again; The class action suit lets you claim $4 for every jar you bought? ...Why is that even worth going to court over?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 04-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #1328
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Just had pasta for dinner~ Which is highly fitting since I've been on a Hetalia high all day, haha. Craving some red velvet ice cream, but I'm so full I think I might explode as it is!

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #1329
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Double-posting because apparently if you bought Nutella within the last 4 years, you can get a cut of this ridiculous class-action lawsuit.

Really? Nutrition labels are RIGHT THERE. All you have to do is LOOK AT THEM. Plus, have you ever tasted Nutella? Have you ever put that in your mouth? What kind of person believes that's a healthy breakfast option?
Well, common sense aside, I do recall a lot of TV adverts advertised it as "healthy" a few years ago (by emphasising that it was made of hazelnuts, etc).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #1330
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Granted, there's a legitimate false advertising claim, but it's not exactly like cosmetics companies telling you putting on their blush will literally take ten years off your face. I believe consumers have some responsibility to pay attention to what they're buying, and that's easily done when all you have to do is look with your eyes at the side of the container and see a single teaspoon contains three thousand calories and a million grams of saturated fat.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #1331
nanakiff7
Chibi Oreo

Guys. Chunks of angel food cake topped with apple pie filling and whipped cream. It is AMAZING. Probably fattening as hell, but it's a tasty treat after a really rough day.

Anime North 2012
All Weekend: Charmander - Pokemon/Delcatty - Pokemon

My DeviantART - Please look for cosplay photos here, NOT on Cosplay.com!
nanakiff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #1332
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Home made banana bread just came out of the oven. That baby is still steaming but Mmmmmmm.... <3 I'm terribly biased, but I haven't found another recipe just like it. Shame the loaf it makes is so small....

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #1333
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

More of that delicious red velvet cake for dessert.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #1334
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (leftover chicken, egg noodles, carrots, green beans and corn, low sodium chicken broth and whatever spices my mom put in there) and cornbread. Perfect meal for a icky damp day
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #1335
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Just ordered pizza from Marco's a few minutes ago. Now I'm watching husband play video games while waiting for it to arrive.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote