Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #1381
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I've finally got the gelatine I need to make my pies! Now all I have to do is...erm...make them.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #1382
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

I'm waiting my mom to make some fish for me and her. :3 It's salmon.
Unread 05-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #1383
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

My first ever attempt at making pork pies. I made 6, but one seems to have become stuck in the mould.

More info: http://fav.me/d50il2v

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #1384
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

^ Looks delicious! Hope you can get the 6th one out. D:

I've eaten way too many sandwiches lately, I need to eat something else :\

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #1385
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Urgh, I miss chocolate so much. And bagels with cream cheese. Damn this diet. At least I can be off of it on Friday. And so far I've pared off a pound and three quarters for AN in a little over a week, pretty close to what I was hoping for.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #1386
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Had pasta earlier~! Tried a new brand of pasta sauce from Wal-Mart that's suppose to be all natural and better for you? It was delicious! Though I don't recall the brand and I'm too lazy to go check right now.
Craving some ice cream though... also too far away. D:

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #1387
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I have a meetup tommorrow so I made cupcakes. I made them to look like little hamburgers.

I used green, yellow and red frosting to be lettuce, mustard and ketchup.

Here's the guide on how to make them.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #1388
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Right now I'm eating steamed pork and cabbage dumplings, veggie sushi with brown rice, bubble tea, and mango-pomegranate swirled frozen yogurt with popping boba, mochi, and Cap'n Crunch.

This yogurt place that just opened up right next to our favorite pizza place is making my life worth living right now.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #1389
Smochi

My love for all these edible is probably one of my biggest obstacles to being a good cosplayer. XD

Baking is like my thing. I just LOVE it. I'll probably be posting in this thread a lot. Has anyone heard of the website The Fresh Loaf? It is seriously the most comprehensive website for bread baking that I have ever come across.

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/

Y'all are so welcome.
Smochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1390
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I just recently found out that I'm lactose intolerant. This is fun, considering I like a lot of things that have dairy.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #1391
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Aw, that sucks hard. Hopefully the meds they make for helping it have some effect on you (I've heard mixed results with the pills or such that are supposed to help someone with an intolerance digest it fine or at least minimize it). Or at least that it's not so bad you have to cut out virtually all dairy.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #1392
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Stopped at Whole Foods for lunch and wound up with two dairy-free "frozen desserts", since they're not allowed to be labeled as ice cream: Steve's Cinnamon-Coffee coconut cream, and Cashewtopia vanilla bean.

The Cashewtopia isn't terrible; it's very smooth and creamy, but has a bit of a strange mouthfeel. No discernible nutty kind of flavor. Having trouble getting past the mouthfeel, though.

The Steve's is amazing. It's just... I had no idea it was even lactose-free until I looked it up, let alone crammed with coconut. This is really, really good. The other coconut-based dairy-free dessert I tried, So Delicious chocolate, had a decent texture and wasn't slimy, but I could not get over the coconut presence. It tasted like frozen Mounds pudding, and I'm not a big enough coconut fan to really crave that. I don't know whether the coconut is as assertive in the other flavors, but I don't really care to try, either.

But I will DEFINITELY be looking for more of the Steve's. This stuff is that good. If you have a Whole Foods near you or another retailer that carries it, and you are in the market for a good, dairy-free frozen treat this summer, I wholeheartedly suggest Steve's.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #1393
harmonyisarine

It's dessert week again!

Last night I made some cupcakes for a co-worker of my mom's. Raspberry cupcakes with strawberry zinfandel buttercream frosting and silver and gold dragees for decoration. Random thing: No dye was added to the cake, only frozen red raspberries. The cakes baked blue. O_o

I now have an order for a dozen chocolate and a dozen vanilla cupcakes for this Saturday.

In less successful news, I learned about dragon's beard candy and tried to make it. My sugar cooled to a hard puck, and it needs to be a gelatin-like consistency. I have a few theories, so hopefully Try #2 will be more successful, cause I need this.
Unread 05-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #1394
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Made a Nicoise-inspired salad with baby arugula, hard-boiled eggs, kalamata olives, tuna in oil, roasted grape tomatoes, and lemon vinaigrette. It is so very, very good.

Oh, look, there's Poseidon, just chillin' on top of my vinaigrette. Hey, Poseidon.

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 05-31-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #1395
harmonyisarine

I'm so jealous of that Poseidon jar, I just felt you should know this.
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote