Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 02-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
o01101011
Just call me Digit

contour highlighting when youre pale?

I'm extremely pale, so just finding foundation thats the right color is difficult, but now I'm looking into contouring for costumes...but that calls for highlighting! So far all the "highlighting" products I've seen are my shade or darker('OTL)

Are there any pale brands folks know of, or an alternative to highlighting products.
o01101011 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You can use a white creme product and mix with your foundation. I want to say most of the theatrical brands like Ben Nye, Mehron, Graftobian, should have something. There's also an indie makeup brand called Life's Entropy that makes a white Foundation Elixir (they also sell samples). Maybelline also sells pure white concealer, but its consistency might make it harder to mix.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #3
ninax304
meow

I'm super pale too. For highlighting, I always use like a shimmery white powder or a straight-up white powder like from Ben Nye.
ninax304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2015, 04:12 AM   #4
Synaster

I try using a Wet 'n' Wild white eyeliner pencil. It might not be the best way because I don't notice too much of a difference after smudging it in (I probably didn't use a whole lot either), but it was 99 cents.
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #5
ungodubiquitous

Like everybody else has said, any kind of white will work for highlighting! Light, pale pinks also do a very good job of brightening the skin, and anything with shimmer or frost (I prefer a frost, makes the skin have a kind of 'glow' rather than looking like sparkles!) 'll help. My favorite thing to highlight with is the Mehron Celebre HD foundation in E1- it's not a pure white, but I can aaaalmost guarantee it's probably paler than your natural skin tone. You can also use a white cream like Manic Panic Dreamtone foundation in Virgin.
If you don't mind me giving some tips on contouring though, I feel like that's the really tricky part for pale skin, and that's for the reason that most contour colors are brown. What's the base color for brown? Orange. You mix brown with a 'white' (pale) skin tone, it'll blend out to orange.
You need to find an ash, cool toned brown. I have pale skin and had the same problem, for years I couldn't figure out why contouring never worked out right for me!
My favorite powder for countouring is MAC's sculpting powder in Shadowy. It's dark, but if you use it sparingly, it's perfect. Eyebrow powders are much more ideal for contouring pale skin, so check those out if you don't want to spend the money for MAC. Again, just look for something cool toned.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4U5eM3VzBj.../s1600/075.jpg
See how Shadowy doesn't have the warmth to it that the color above it does? That's what you want, that almost 'grey' toned brown.
Remember that you don't need a specific 'highlighting' or 'contouring' product! You can use pretty much any kind of powders anywhere... I've contoured with blushes, eyeshadows, and brow powders, and I highlight almost exclusively with eyeshadows!
Fanime
Anime Expo
Yaoi Con

Current Projects
Revamping Judal - 30%
Chrollo Lucilfer 0%
ungodubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote