Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
cherrytenmei

Smile UK cosers: body paint/sealants??

Hi everyone
Whenever i've looked up this question before i've really struggled because all the results are for US cosers and involve products that are either really hard or really expensive for me to get a hold of because they are only available in the USA. So if anyone in the UK has advice for me that would be great!!

I previously used a bodypaint from snazaroo and it was okay but the powder I wanted to use as a "sealant" or to set it, despite being labelled transparent, was definitely not transparant and was skin coloured, so I couldn't use it on my blue paint. The paint lasted about an hour before somehow..half(?) disappearing and kind of turning white and patchy. I had to go back to my hotel room and reapply.

Other than this the paint was really good and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on if I am meant to prime or seal it somehow and what I should use specifically.

Or, otherwise, any other products you might recommend.

Thanks!
cherrytenmei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

I'm also in Europe (although not in the UK) and I don't know any specific products but I'd recommend checking out any German brands because they tend to be of surprisingly good quality. I'm sorry I can't help much more than this. ^^"
Also, buying within Europe should save you from any additional customs/taxes and the shipping is almost always more affordable than buying from America. So yeah, what I mean to say is that you might have better luck searching in whole Europe instead of limiting yourself to just UK.

I've used some mild hairspray to seal bodypaint when I was in a pinch but yeah, I've heard that it's really not recommended because it might damage your skin etc.

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 10-11-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2016, 01:50 AM   #3
Gimcrackery

If you go to a regular makeup store/section you can usually find spray sealer. I've used hair spray too, but makeup spray sealer doesn't feel as stiff. If cost is an issue, a translucent powder is going to be cheaper. If you can't find one that isn't skin toned, you can use baby powder. Baby powder will lighten up your overall makeup, so go darker than you want before powdering.
Gimcrackery is offline   Reply With Quote