Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
Marthony

White/silver skin & beard coloring?

Hello,

As part of my G1 cartoon/comic Megatron cosplay I'll need to color my neck as well as my beard. The skin color would need to be a bit sweat resistant.

My neck will be exposed as well as my face from the tip of the nose down, as I plan to make a half-mask ending at the nose. This should make it more functional for the bar. =)

While I know clean-shaven would be best, I'll make do with a tightly-trimmed beard. I have it in mind to do edge shading on parts of the costume and think it would help the effect to color my beard white/silver to match the costume as best I can, and then also have some gray/black lines to effect Megatron's features.

What would you recommend for each please?

Thanks!
Marthony is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread Today, 01:11 PM   #2
mertlez

For coloring the beard, Ben Nye's Snow White Hair Color will work nicely as a temporary dye. Just dip a toothbrush in the bottle and apply, then shampoo the color away at the end of the day.

For sweat resistant color on your neck and lower face...alcohol-activated body paints hold up the best against moisture, but they are pricier. As an alternative, you might test out a white creme makeup with a neutral setting powder and makeup sealer. Again, Ben Nye, a theatrical makeup line, is good for all of that.
mertlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 03:09 PM   #3
Marthony

Thanks Mertlez!
Marthony is offline   Reply With Quote