Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Scunosi

Colored Mascara to Match a Green Wig

I'm finding I'm having a problem finding something I thought would be a little easier to find, especially this time of year. I did a cosplay with a bright green wig recently and the next time I wear it I'd love to have matching green eyelashes, especially since I go to the trouble of coloring my eyebrows (still love the Elmer's glue method I first learned about here).

So far I've found a couple of colors in a few stores, but green has eluded me. Closest thing I found was a teal at a Halloween pop-up store. Sephora has a couple of colors but only blue and purple I was told. A quick online search found one brand, I think NYX? But I've never seen them sold in a store. Even falsies have been hard to find in green unless I want some that look like they're made of aluminum.

Is there a trick I could use to make something myself to color my eyelashes? Or is there a specific physical store I could visit that should have them? I could try ordering online but I always prefer buying in-person rather than waiting for shipping and trying new brands sight unseen.

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2017
Possibly: NewCon

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Human Bubblewrap

I think Wet n Wild just released some colored mascaras for the Halloween season, if that's an option, and NYX has a pastel green mascara. Another option is applying cream shadow or gel liner to your lashes with a spoolie brush or mascara fan brush; Inglot has two shades of green gel liner. Sorry I can't offer more suggestions!

Last edited by PSY-chan : 10-11-2016 at 03:31 PM.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

I've seen the NYX colored mascara at some Ulta stores, so you might want to check there if there's one nearby. Here's the product page so you can see if stores near you have it in stock: http://www.ulta.com/color-mascara?pr...mpprod6380159#

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
Scunosi

I've got a Ulta near me I can check, and I see Wet n' Wild is carried at some nearby stores as well so I'll do some more searching. If I find them I'll get it but I'm kind of surprised the green is so pastel/seafoam instead of something bolder, especially since it's Halloween, but I'll manage. I don't want to have to buy a bunch of other supplies to fake it myself. Thanks guys!

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2017

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Unread 10-15-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

You should be able to input your zip code and click "find in store" and then click "check availability" for the stores near you (why are there so many buttons just to check local stock?). You'd think Nyx would have more colors, heck, the vivid brights eyeliners they have come in a light green and a dark green.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2016, 10:55 PM   #6
xIkuna

Have you tried etsy? I got my green eyeliner and lipstick from some seller on their.

Cosplays:
Ino Yamanaka- Naruto Stage Play Live
Numa- Star Wars Rebels
Rachel Amber- Life is Strange

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2016, 04:46 PM   #7
Scunosi

Well Ulta was kind of a bust. The only green Nyx had was this pastel Easter green (the whole line was pastels). They did have plenty of green eyeliner surprisingly in multiple brands, but no mascara to go with. And since I'm terrible at applying liquid eyeliner I gave that a pass.

I did pick up some green bobby pins though that'll blend in better next time I wear the wig. I actually may intentionally not use them on Halloween though as it only came with 12 (and even though 3 diff shades of green) and I don't want to lose them.

My local Walgreen's also decided to order everything for the Wet n' Wild costume sets except the colored mascaras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIkuna View Post
Have you tried etsy? I got my green eyeliner and lipstick from some seller on their.
I hadn't thought to check, I guess you can have homemade makeup. I may look in the future but for now I'm not going to sweat it for Halloween any more, most at the bars wouldn't have the capacity to appreciate it anyway. :P

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2017

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Unread 10-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #8
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

Maybellene has a "green with envy" line.
https://www.amazon.com/Maybelline-Gr...olored+mascara

You'll have to google for pictures, though
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
Pikawhoboy
Pikaboytoy

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlGlT View Post

100% Agreed. I second this.
Pikawhoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
Scunosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlGlT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikawhoboy View Post
100% Agreed. I second this.
I looked it up and it looks like a perfect color match practically. With no upcoming cons I'm not sure if I'll order any online right away but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this since it sounds like it's something they sell once a year.

Thanks everyone!

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2017

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Unread 10-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
Scunosi

Just wanted to say I ended up walking right into something on a random visit to Walgreen's. I found this from some brand I'm not familiar with and while it's intended to be used for ombre effects I can just not use the black end if I want. It actually looks like it should be a really nice color so I'll try it on soon to test it. Sure felt like a "d'oh" kind of moment when I noticed it though.

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2017

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Unread 10-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #12
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

please post pictures when you can! I know im curious on how it will look.
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #13
PSY-chan
Human Bubblewrap

Nice find! Depending on how dark green that mascara is, you may need a white base (like a mascara primer) for the color to really pop.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote