Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
cheeseit

Help! I have special eyes!

Lol, but really. All of the circle lenses sites don't have my prescription because my eyesight is so bad. Does anyone know of a place were they sell -5.25 (R) and -5.00 (L) circle lenses? Or is it just a lost cause? Thankss!!!!
cheeseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Pinkyparadise (www.pinkyparadise.com) should turn up plenty in that strength (most go from 0 to -8).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
TheNinthDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Pinkyparadise (www.pinkyparadise.com) should turn up plenty in that strength (most go from 0 to -8).
I second that, I have a friend who have one -9 and one -10, and she orders from pinky, so you should have luck there.

Artisan Crafts
Customs
Cosplay Accessories
TheNinthDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
cheeseit

Sadly, Pinkyparadise doesn't have -5.25. After -5.00 they go by 50's, so they skip -5.25.
cheeseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
wanders_alone

You may be able to do a -5.00 for both eyes. Just from personal experience, wearing contacts that are just under your prescribed correction work well enough. For a while my contacts were actually a weaker correction than my glasses. While I didn't have nearly the clarity when wearing my contacts as I did my glasses, it wasn't too bad. I don't know how this will affect your vision since you do have a slightly different 'script for each eye.
wanders_alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
milkcosplay

my eyes are worse than yours! don't fear. like others have said, pinky paradise has prescriptions in the -5.00 variety. another option is honeycolor (i believe they're kind of the exact same website? correct me if im wrong). i recently bought a pair that was -5.50 and -6.00.
milkcosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
TheNinthDragon

There is also LensVillage. I poked around about them and they seem to be in the same areas as pinky and have a lot of the same contacts. I had to go there for the pair I just bought because I'm -3.00 in each eye, and though pinky had that for my right eye, the options for my left were either -4.00 or -2.25, neither of which would work.

I do however agree with wanders_alone, you'll be fine if you stick to 0.25 within your script.

You may also want to talk to your eye doc and see if he's willing to even you out. I had a 0.25 difference between my eyes since I started wearing glasses, went to a different eye doc once, and he said that my eyes were so close together that he was just going to even me out (hence why I now have -3.00 and -3.00). I find it way more convenient because I don't have to buy 2 boxes of contacts now and I don't end up with that awkward single lens that managed to not get used.

Artisan Crafts
Customs
Cosplay Accessories
TheNinthDragon is offline   Reply With Quote