Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
breekitty

Cosplay Mascara Help >.<

Sorry if this thread is here already >.< I was wondering if there are any good cosplay mascaras that could be found in a drugstore or ULTA that are also cruelty free. If you know of any, thanks :3
breekitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If a mall is available for you, The Body Shop's makeup/mascara isn't tested on animals and is quite reasonably priced. It's not usually waterproof from my experience, though.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
breekitty

Thank you! :3 I'll look them up. c:
Unread 07-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Mierka

Quote:
Originally Posted by breekitty View Post
Sorry if this thread is here already >.< I was wondering if there are any good cosplay mascaras that could be found in a drugstore or ULTA that are also cruelty free. If you know of any, thanks :3
When I think of cruelty makeup for more expensive I think of too faced but it is expensive for their mascaras. Urban Decay is cruelty free.

L'Oreal is cruelty free if I am correct and they have several mascara's that could work.
Mierka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Here is a nice list of cruelty-free mascaras with reviews (some are vegan as well). I personally am a big fan of NYX products as they are affordable, effective, also have all the crazy colors you need for cosplay, and are cruelty-free. Essence brand, found at ULTA and one of my favorite budget-brands, also is affordable and cruelty-free. Their waterproof mascara is pretty amazing.

Concerning mascara, keep in mind, the models are also wearing false lashes in 99% of the mascara ads you see so if you really want amped up volume and/or length, you can always get some falsies to further boost your look.

http://www.mybeautybunny.com/cruelty-free-mascara/

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #6
breekitty

Thank you! I've personally have never worn false eyelashes so I try to avoid it as much as possible. xD
Unread 07-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
Pinggg

Hi there, might be a bit late, but apparently Physician's Formula are cruelty-free and I've heard lots of good stuff about their mascaras.

If you're wary of false lashes, they're not too bad! The "lighter" the pair, the better. (Super-thick dolly lashes are horrible to wear, but natural looking ones are fine once applied well).

Art: phan-tas-magoria.tumblr.com

8tracks: 8tracks.com/thefourthoffebruary
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote