Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #196
fin fish
charleston dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsion View Post
My eyes are a weird blue-green, sometimes they look grey as well. I like that first pink, but it'll probably be super bright on my eyes. ><
And is it just me, or are the Pretty Crystal Pink's model's eyelashes uneven?
Mine are that color too, here's how they look on me. The pupil hole is a little big so your iris will show through some up close and look awkward (mostly with flash/bright lighting), as you can see, but unless the camera is six inches from your face, it's not really noticeable. But basically, if you want the pink to actually show up and be worth the money, these are probably the best you're going to get.

Alternatively, if you don't like any of the pinks available and want to just go for the color of the pupil/shaded part of Madoka's eye instead of the pink iris, you could get the Super Pinky Wine Red. That style has really good coverage so your own color wouldn't show through too much (picture on light-eyed model).

Unread 10-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #197
crimsion
Aeris Aquata

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin fish View Post
Mine are that color too, here's how they look on me. The pupil hole is a little big so your iris will show through some up close and look awkward (mostly with flash/bright lighting), as you can see, but unless the camera is six inches from your face, it's not really noticeable. But basically, if you want the pink to actually show up and be worth the money, these are probably the best you're going to get.

Alternatively, if you don't like any of the pinks available and want to just go for the color of the pupil/shaded part of Madoka's eye instead of the pink iris, you could get the Super Pinky Wine Red. That style has really good coverage so your own color wouldn't show through too much (picture on light-eyed model).
Oooh, I might have to use those wine red if I ever cosplay Princess Kraehe/Rue!
Thank you for the info on the Crystal Pink, I think I'll go for those.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #198
Shiawasehito
The substitute prince

Has anyone used this site to purchase contacts from before?
http://xtraordinary-eyes.blogspot.com/

If so, what do you think of their service? Do you recommend buying from them?
Shiawasehito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #199
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Yokan View Post
I ended up going with KimChi contacts in "Prince Black" color from Geo Lens House on Facebook. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty terrified of how these are going to look and feel, lol. It was the best I could find given my situation. I would have gone with the I. Fairy Pearl Black lenses but they were out of stock. We'll see how they are. A Facebook-based store didn't seem very trustworthy, but they seem very active, and I felt a little safer since I paid with Paypal. But the contacts were only like, $13/pair for prescription lenses, so even if I get gipped, at least I won't be losing much. I think I'm more worried about the contacts being bad though, haha. I'll update here with pictures once they arrive.
^ If anyone is curious to know what these look like, I posted a review of the contacts in the dark eyes picture thread here:

http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=505
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #200
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

Hello again! In the near future I plan on cosplaying as Ranka Lee from Macross Frontier!

Picture: http://www.nautiljon.com/images/pers...a_lee_4398.png

I want to get a pair of natural red contacts (or as natural as red can get XD), so I decided to try circle lenses. The only problem is my eyes are dark green (change from dark to light every so often), and i'm not sure how circle lenses would look on my eye color. I also kind of want most of my eye color to be covered..and if that isn't possible, I kind of want it to look like its blended with my own eye color..if that makes sense. I also wear contacts normally to see.
I'm thinking of ordering off of Pinky Paradise since i've heard very good things about them, but i'd like more opinions! ^^ (I also apologize if this had been mentioned somewhere before, I honestly didn't read through the rest of the thread)
Thank you very much in advance! ^_^

Last edited by ShinobuWind : 10-18-2011 at 09:07 PM.
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #201
Elyrinda

Hi first time attempting to use colored contacts, but I want to go as a blood elf from world of warcraft for Halloween. I have blue/gray/greenish colored eyes:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75...ove08/eyes.jpg

I want to make my eyes look like they are a emerald greenish color or something similar to this photo:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75...1251388308.jpg
(yes I realize the eyes have been photoshopped, but I love the color of that lense)

I am looking for something affordable and good quality. Any help would be appreciated
Elyrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #202
AndroidGirl

So, I'm cosplaying as Lightning from FFXIII and I wasn't sure what contacts to get. I think her eyes are more of an aqua color so I found a few of them but I didn't know which one matched the best.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...pair375702.cfm
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...pair380702.cfm
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...pair682703.cfm
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...pair386701.cfm
AndroidGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #203
Eskarine

Ok, so I have this werid problem. One of my eyes looks like this:

How do I choose right contact lenses that would cover both colors the same way?
Eskarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #204
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Heterochromia is not uncommon and to get the same coverage for both eyes, you just need to find opaque colored lenses which are typically pushed as products for people with dark eyes or those who want a completely different color. Stay away from color-blended lenses because those are meant to work with your natural eye color which will obviously produce 2 different effects on each eye in your case.

If you want recommendations for brands and styles, they will vary upon what color/design you are looking for obviously, let the thread know if you want specific recommendations.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #205
expiredgumiworm
Tiki Crafts

i highly recommend http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/onl...tacts-1180.cfm
my boyfriend has very dark eyes and we bought the pixie contact lenses from there for his link cosplay and they just POP. you cannot tell her has dark eyes, like other contact lenses, and they look absolutely magical in pictures.
they ship everywhere!

and/or

Follow my cosplay blog: Tiki Crafts Blogspot
expiredgumiworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #206
Linaloid

Hello, please help me!

I am looking for lenses for the following characters;
Rena, Maria, and Eva-Beatrice pretty much all have the same eye color.
So it's perfectly fine to recommend a certain lens to all three of them.

I have naturally blue eyes with, I guess you'd say, some gray tones in them?
Here are some pictures if they're any help;

For Rika, I don't want a really bright/light purple that is going to look completely fake.
If I seriously can't find a purple I'm satisfied with, I think I might go for a gray. I don't know why, but I've been thinking that for a while. So maybe also post some nice gray lenses.

For the other girls, I think a dark blue would be the best thing to go for.

I think I would like for the lens to cover as much as my eye as possible, I'm afraid of the outer part of my iris being one color, and then the inner being totally different. For the blue ones, lenses that slowly fade back to my original color MIGHT be okay depending on the color of the lens.

I DO want circle lenses, not just plain colored lenses. I do like the lenses with at least a thin outline of black (or a darker color) around the outside of the iris, I think it makes it stand out better. I want to make my eyes look bigger, but don't want it to be completely uncomfortable. I do not wear contacts, but I do have a prescription. I'm supposed to wear my glasses at all times but I really don't so lenses with no prescription are probably the best. (I can see and read alright without them, just everything's not very vivid.)

If you send me links, please only send me to good, trustworthy sites. It's more than likely going to be my mother buying these for me and there's no way in hell she'll order from a suspicious looking site or a Facebook group. I'm also kind of worried about ordering from a costume site, and by that I might a site that sells cheap Halloween type things. Well known brands are what I'd feel the most comfortable putting into my eye.

Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.
I may come back to edit this if I need to. ^^
Linaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #207
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Linaloid: For the blue contacts, you might want to check out enhancers as your eyes are already naturally blue and the enhancers would intensify the color. Link Or there are opaques which would also show up nicely on blue eyes. Link. The links are Acuvue lenses which can be easily bought in an eye doctor's office or online.

For the purple lenses, I know you mentioned wanting to try circle lenses. However, as has been said many times, they are designed to work best on dark colored eyes. You would need a purple/violet lens that covers most of the iris, otherwise your natural color will show through and could look kind of unusual. That said, DollyEye Violets will cover most of your iris as will i.Fairy Crystal Violet. For more colors, pics, and stores look at the first few posts of this thread.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #208
MonochromeShine
See wha ha'happen was...

Okay, so I figure that you guys are up for a challenge, so here it is.

I need a Rokudo Mukuro contact. It's red with the kanji for six in it.

This is a pretty good color image of it:
Reference

I've attached the best reference I can find from the manga as well. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mukuroeye.jpg (58.2 KB, 0 views)
MonochromeShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #209
Berenice
-NaruSakuHina-

Hello guys! I'm looking for a 14.5-15mm lenses that are obviously colored Gold and another 14.5-15mm lense that are color green.

Most of the lenses I've seen are blend so... the green and gold/yellow is not obvious.

Do you guys have any suggestions for green or gold lenses that still cover a huge diameter of the eye? Thanks
Berenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #210
fin fish
charleston dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenice View Post
Hello guys! I'm looking for a 14.5-15mm lenses that are obviously colored Gold and another 14.5-15mm lense that are color green.

Most of the lenses I've seen are blend so... the green and gold/yellow is not obvious.

Do you guys have any suggestions for green or gold lenses that still cover a huge diameter of the eye? Thanks
The Princess Pinky Twilight Gold has the best appearance I've found in a gold lens.

For green I'd probably suggest the Dueba Puffy 3-Tones Green; it's a nice saturated color with good coverage.