Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 112 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 11-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #211
suiseiusagi
[enterwittyphrasehere]

Alright, I've cosplayed before but I'm totally new to colored contacts. My next cosplay will be Michelle Neuhaus from Ao no Exorcist (anime only). I have a picture comparing my eyes (in two variations) with her eyes in the show. (Sorry for large image, I thought it'd help with seeing the eyes more clearly.)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...9gangstaaa.jpg

Now, I have some questions/concerns.

1) I can't quite name that shade of pink to even start looking around. Magenta? Warm Violet?
2) My eyes are multi-colored naturally (green, blue ring, brown splotches); I don't know if that's an issue with colored contacts (again, newbie) but want to know if it'd change anything.

.... Can anyone give me advice? I'm so sorry, but I'm totally new to this aspect of costuming/cosplaying. D: D: D:
Blue Exorcist: Michelle Neuhaus
Code Geass: Princess Cornelia
Avatar/ Legend of Korra: Lin Beifong

Last edited by suiseiusagi : 11-25-2011 at 12:39 AM.
suiseiusagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #212
Berenice
-NaruSakuHina-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin fish View Post
The Princess Pinky Twilight Gold has the best appearance I've found in a gold lens.

For green I'd probably suggest the Dueba Puffy 3-Tones Green; it's a nice saturated color with good coverage.
Ooooh, yeah they are indeedly pretty D;

Hmm, also guys may I ask...

What id your experience with GEO Animated/Crazy lenses?
Is it me, or are they thicker/dries up faster than the other geo lenses ?(such as nudy, angel etc)

I dunno, it's my observation... Like... the nudy "folds delicately" when I rinse it on my palm
While the animation lens I own is a more "solid" lens or something

Anyone with GEO animated/crazy lens opinions?
Yeap, What I bought are authentic.
Berenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #213
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Anyone know where I can find a good pair of red eyes like his:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...atatoskeye.jpg

and green eyes contacts like his:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...richtereye.jpg
thank you
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #214
Akune-chan

Hello guys!

I never really thought that I would need contact lenses for a cosplay but now that I think about it, having them as an asset could really boost how a cosplay/crossplay can be taken.

I am a newbie to contact lenses and I am extremely cautious when it comes to my eyes so I would love it if ANYONE could help point me in the right direction.

My eye color is naturally a Green, Brown, golden mix, however they seem to be a medium green tone color or yellowish depending how the light hits my pupil.
---->http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...3758 58_n.jpg
---->http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...7 152_n-1.jpg
---->http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...38 02_n-1.jpg

I am interested in buying contacts for the following characters:
Orochimaru: http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...Orochimaru.jpg
(In some photos his eyes look golden green, in others his eyes are yellow with light green undertones though people used yellow.)

Marik Ishtar: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p.../yamimarik.jpg
(I have no idea where to start with Marik. Are his eyes like a violet color or purple. Perhaps a more nature look would work?)

Grell Sutcliff <---Not sure if I really need contacts for this crossplay.
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...yeagrelll1.jpg

I was hoping if anyone knows of a good, clean website where I could buy a pair that won't swivel and pivot around my eye (hopefully but I heard that they all do that), and a pair of contacts that will not harm my eyes and would cover more that 3/4 of my eye color?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Akune-chan : 12-02-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #215
Loveless_FFVII
Echo

Question Matrix contact?

I want to cosplay as matrix from reboot but i'm not sure where to get contacts that cover the whole eye. prescription or none prescription doesn't matter. Any ideas?
Plz & Thx ^_^"
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/EchoCNC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Loveless_FFVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #216
XxHelenaSixxXx
Grell Sutcliff

I want to cosplay Grell Sutcliff, but I have almost no money. How do I get the green contacts?
XxHelenaSixxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #217
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless_FFVII View Post
I want to cosplay as matrix from reboot but i'm not sure where to get contacts that cover the whole eye. prescription or none prescription doesn't matter. Any ideas?
Plz & Thx ^_^"
You would need a sclera contact lens for that effect which would be venturing into custom territory. This one from 9mmsfx has a pupil hole so you can still see. If you wanted lens to cover the entire eye, they would probably make it for around the same amount, email them if interested. Just as a fyi, they require you to work closely with an eye doctor to get the lens fitting correct since they are trickier than normal-sized lenses.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #218
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Sorry for the double post but I noticed some unanswered inquiries and cannot edit my previous post to include them. [I really thought other people would be making more recommendations too - guess we are all busy.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiseiusagi View Post
Alright, I've cosplayed before but I'm totally new to colored contacts. My next cosplay will be Michelle Neuhaus from Ao no Exorcist (anime only). I have a picture comparing my eyes (in two variations) with her eyes in the show. (Sorry for large image, I thought it'd help with seeing the eyes more clearly.)
I think i.Fairy Super Crystal Pink lenses would work for that character. I have a pair of these lenses and they show up really well. If that is not what you are looking for check post #2 of this thread. There were several recommendations made for other pink lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Anyone know where I can find a good pair of red eyes ....and green eyes....
Check post #2 of this thread. There were several recommendations for red lenses. What you choose will depend on taste.

Richter's eyes are really bright green. Maybe some Mad Hatter lenses would fit the bill? Otherwise, there are also links for green lenses in the 2nd post as well.

And edit again, Akune chan, you just copy-pasted your inquiry back in here again, LMAO. Sooo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
I am a newbie to contact lenses and I am extremely cautious when it comes to my eyes so I would love it if ANYONE could help point me in the right direction.
First off, please make an appointment to get a formal lens fitting. It will make your life much easier so you know what size and type lenses you can safely wear. That and they always show you how to handle contact lenses (also very important stuff, all of which is discussed in the Contact Lens FAQ sticky)

As to color recommendations:
Orochimaru: Princess Pinky Twilight Brown looks pretty darn amazing and not obnoxiously fake/plain. Her eyes are medium colored too so, the lenses look quite nice over them and would probably look somewhat similar for you.

Marik Ishtar: I think DollyEye Purple lenses are some of the most boldly colored lenses with smaller pupil holes. Those work on all eye colors. But Post 2 has more choices to look through as well. It is going to be more of a personal preference to shade.

Grell Sutcliff: check the link I posted for the Mad Hatter lenses. Those seem to be the closest things I have seen to Grell's eye color without going custom.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe

Last edited by Ion : 12-02-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #219
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
And edit again, Akune chan, you just copy-pasted your inquiry back in here again, LMAO. Sooo.
Lmao well you cannot blame me xD I was getting a bit impatient D8;.

But thank you for the suggestions! I will look into getting the DollyEyes, but will they have the enlarging effect? As for the Mad Hatter Contacts, I am in love <3.
Still a bit iffy on Orochimaru's eyes cause I am also looking for accuracy as well as color, so that means the slit like pupil, just unsure where to buy them really (other than youknowit.com, but I haven't seen where you can put your base curve and diameter, etc and that made me put that website as my last resort).

Thanks!
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #220
Ion
Lyrical gangster

No problem. On a side note, keep in mind that it is not that people are ignoring you, it is a super busy time of year. The boards always slow down around Thanksgiving to Christmas but people will reply if they have an answer when they get a chance.

DollyEye lenses do make your eyes look larger. There are many photos/reviews in the Contacts for Dark Eyes thread in this forum so do a search there. Alternatively, Super Crystal Violet lenses (pic) or Jewel Violet lenses (pic) will make your eyes look huge.

Coastal Contacts has yellow cat eye contacts if you are opposed to ordering from Youknowit. There are other places as well, just google "yellow cat eye contacts" and you will see them.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #221
Akune-chan

Quote:
No problem. On a side note, keep in mind that it is not that people are ignoring you, it is a super busy time of year. The boards always slow down around Thanksgiving to Christmas but people will reply if they have an answer when they get a chance.

DollyEye lenses do make your eyes look larger. There are many photos/reviews in the Contacts for Dark Eyes thread in this forum so do a search there. Alternatively, Super Crystal Violet lenses (pic) or Jewel Violet lenses (pic) will make your eyes look huge.

Coastal Contacts has yellow cat eye contacts if you are opposed to ordering from Youknowit. There are other places as well, just google "yellow cat eye contacts" and you will see them.
Ah now I feel horrible for being so impatient xD; Thank you for the clearing up. I didn't expect everyone to be so busy. Just me being selfish I guess.
And would you recommend Coastal Contacts? I am actually bookmarking the page now.

Edit: I did not expect Coastal to sell only one contact lens D8
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #222
Linaloid

Quote:
Linaloid: For the blue contacts, you might want to check out enhancers as your eyes are already naturally blue and the enhancers would intensify the color. Link Or there are opaques which would also show up nicely on blue eyes. Link. The links are Acuvue lenses which can be easily bought in an eye doctor's office or online.

For the purple lenses, I know you mentioned wanting to try circle lenses. However, as has been said many times, they are designed to work best on dark colored eyes. You would need a purple/violet lens that covers most of the iris, otherwise your natural color will show through and could look kind of unusual. That said, DollyEye Violets will cover most of your iris as will i.Fairy Crystal Violet. For more colors, pics, and stores look at the first few posts of this thread.
Thanks for all of the help!

I'm not too sure about the Acuvue, though. I've seen pictures of people wearing them and I just don't think they're quite what I'm looking for.

I've also got another help request if anyone's willing to help out.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of contacts I would use to cosplay Tokyo Akazukin.
I've seen her eyes a hazel-y yellow, black/dark brown, and I think some red.
It's bit hard to tell exactly what they are, because it's a b/w manga.
Here is one image of a cover page: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kp...sn2no1_400.jpg

(If you look it up, please be careful. It files under the "gore" category.)

Last edited by Linaloid : 12-06-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Linaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #223
suiseiusagi
[enterwittyphrasehere]

Quote:
Sorry for the double post but I noticed some unanswered inquiries and cannot edit my previous post to include them. [I really thought other people would be making more recommendations too - guess we are all busy.]

I think i.Fairy Super Crystal Pink lenses would work for that character. I have a pair of these lenses and they show up really well. If that is not what you are looking for check post #2 of this thread. There were several recommendations made for other pink lenses.
Thanks so much for your input!
Blue Exorcist: Michelle Neuhaus
Code Geass: Princess Cornelia
Avatar/ Legend of Korra: Lin Beifong
suiseiusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #224
season3
One day...

My friend and I are having trouble finding yellow and red prescription contacts. We've found one site, but they didn't carry it in our prescription, which is 1.75. And the one site that did have our prescription, the cost was about $16 dollars a lens, which wasn't so bad, but the only option for shipping was $100. The most we'd like to spend would be forty. We don't want circle lenses, either. We don't care if it looks realistic or not, though. Our eyes are both grey-ish, too.
・Casual Alois

WIP Cosplays
・Gamzee Makara
・Horrorstuck Gamzee
・4Chords Gamzee

Attenting Cons
・Anime Punch
・Ohayocon
・Matsuricon
・Tekkosho 2012

DeviantART
tumblr
AMAGICALpro
season3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #225
Benihime Denote

honeycolor.com has some contacts that are great, even pink contacts. lots of reviews on the web and youtube. here's a coupon code i had found, hope it still works. JSELLE it will give 10% off of your purchase
Benihime Denote is offline   Reply With Quote