Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
X_Rikku_X
Getto daze!

@lollydove
Usually one box is for one eye, so you would wind up buying 2 boxes anyway + shipping.

Unread 01-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #17
lollydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Rikku_X View Post
@lollydove
Usually one box is for one eye, so you would wind up buying 2 boxes anyway + shipping.
Ah, my bad. I have the same prescription in both eyes so I usually end up buying one box :<
June / Akane Kurashiki (999) - %85
Phi (Good People Die) - %0
Shuu Iwamine (Pigeon Boyfriend) - %0
Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven) - %0

[center]COME VISIT MY LENS STORE!
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #18
Vhaeraunite

I usually wear contacts (the none color kind) so I can get them in different colors but my eyes are a really dark brown. Is there any type besides the thick painted on the lense type that I can use? (I hear those ones are really aggravating to the eye) I'm looking for a light blueish or a violet color (I want to try to cosplay Lacus at the upcoming con..)
Vhaeraunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhaeraunite View Post
I usually wear contacts (the none color kind) so I can get them in different colors but my eyes are a really dark brown. Is there any type besides the thick painted on the lense type that I can use? (I hear those ones are really aggravating to the eye) I'm looking for a light blueish or a violet color (I want to try to cosplay Lacus at the upcoming con..)
Anything that says "opaque" on them (Acuvue and freshlook both have opaque lenses) http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/acu...301393-product

I'm wondering, because I've seen the advert so many times on coscom, if anyone has ordered anything from pretty-circle-lens...

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
ldb88

I am looking for some light blue contacts for a Holland Novak cosplay. I have very dark eyes, so I would need opaque contacts. However, once I find out my eye measurements, how do I order contacts online with those measurements? All of the places I have found don't let you modify the base curve and diameter, including the Acuvue ones you linked to.
ldb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #21
sukimba
Pokemon Master

Is there such a thing as bright gold/yellow/hazel (preferably)circle lenses? I know a lot of people recommend dolly eye brown, and while I love dolly eye brand, I'm not crazy about the color of their brown. Most sites I see bright gold/yellow/hazel lenses on they don't have a picture of a real person wearing them, rather they have a photo-shopped picture, so I don't know what to think! My eyes are medium/dark brown, so I need something that's pretty opaque.
Facebook
2013 Cosplay
Raven(Teen Titans)-- Steampunk Flame Princess(Adventure Time)-- Twisted Cinderella(Disney's Cinderella)-- Sailor Star Maker(Sailor Moon)-- Aya(GLtAS)-- Tooth(Rise of the Guardians)-- Candlehead(Sugar Rush)
2013 Conventions
ALA -- AOD-- Fanime -- Anime Expo -- SDCC -- Sac Anime Summer
sukimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb88 View Post
I am looking for some light blue contacts for a Holland Novak cosplay. I have very dark eyes, so I would need opaque contacts. However, once I find out my eye measurements, how do I order contacts online with those measurements? All of the places I have found don't let you modify the base curve and diameter, including the Acuvue ones you linked to.
What is your base curve exactly? Acuvue 2 and Focus Softcolors lenses come in 2 different base curves, while Illusions lenses come in 3 different base curves. Unfortunately many stock theatrical, cosmetic, and circle lenses sound like they are a no-go for you if you do not have a base curve of 8.6.

You also have the option of asking your optometrist if you can safely go 1mm flatter/steeper in the base curve to perhaps get to a base curve that is offered. You also have the option to see what the optometrist's office can order to suit your measurements, or you can just get product names from them and order online if it is cheaper, or order some custom lenses from a place like 9mmsfx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimba View Post
Is there such a thing as bright gold/yellow/hazel (preferably)circle lenses? I know a lot of people recommend dolly eye brown, and while I love dolly eye brand, I'm not crazy about the color of their brown. Most sites I see bright gold/yellow/hazel lenses on they don't have a picture of a real person wearing them, rather they have a photo-shopped picture, so I don't know what to think! My eyes are medium/dark brown, so I need something that's pretty opaque.
I am guessing you do not want lenses that look cartoony yellow? I personally like the Dolly Eye brown lenses as they do look like a nice honey/gold color and not brown. You might like Crystal Brown, Amber Venus, Hazel Autumn Bella, or Neo Glamour or Queen in Honey color. Even the yellow wolf lenses look better than plain yellow contacts in my opinion. The color will be just as bold. If you can post a link/pic of the character you want the lenses for, it may help others come up with appropriate suggestions as well.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #23
ChiisaiYume
*3*

I'm looking for red and/or pink contacts that come in prescription.

I can't seem to find red contacts that aren't plano...=/

Also, all the pink contacts that I've seen aren't really noticeable. Would you know of any that shows up really well? =)

Past Events:
Anime North: Sat - Sakura (TRC); Sun - Kyouko (PMMM)
June Toronto Cosplay Picnic: Shiki (TWEWY)
ConBravo: Sat - Concept art (Magna Carta); Sun - secret <3

Upcoming Events:
Otakuthon: Fri - Yuki (Haruhi); Sat - Chise (Saikano); Sun - Concept art (Magna Carta)

Visit me at Deviantart
Follow me on facebook
ChiisaiYume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
sukimba
Pokemon Master

I like some of the ones you suggested. The character I want to do it Zuko from Avatar, so if you or anyone have other suggestions based on the picture that'd be cool. My main concern is being able to see them from a distance since, like I said, my eyes are medium/dark brown.

@ ChiisaiYume I got these ones (link shows as banned, but they're at color lens 4 less and they're called blood red) for my Mawile costume. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2579874/ They're noticeable from far away, as you can see! And here they are in indoor lighting: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...185.1428001854
Facebook
2013 Cosplay
Raven(Teen Titans)-- Steampunk Flame Princess(Adventure Time)-- Twisted Cinderella(Disney's Cinderella)-- Sailor Star Maker(Sailor Moon)-- Aya(GLtAS)-- Tooth(Rise of the Guardians)-- Candlehead(Sugar Rush)
2013 Conventions
ALA -- AOD-- Fanime -- Anime Expo -- SDCC -- Sac Anime Summer

Last edited by sukimba : 01-28-2011 at 08:57 PM.
sukimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #25
ChiisaiYume
*3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimba View Post
@ ChiisaiYume I got these ones (link shows as banned, but they're at color lens 4 less and they're called blood red) for my Mawile costume. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2579874/ They're noticeable from far away, as you can see! And here they are in indoor lighting: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...185.1428001854
Oh wow! They are really noticeable, I will definitely keep that one in mind =) Thanks!

Past Events:
Anime North: Sat - Sakura (TRC); Sun - Kyouko (PMMM)
June Toronto Cosplay Picnic: Shiki (TWEWY)
ConBravo: Sat - Concept art (Magna Carta); Sun - secret <3

Upcoming Events:
Otakuthon: Fri - Yuki (Haruhi); Sat - Chise (Saikano); Sun - Concept art (Magna Carta)

Visit me at Deviantart
Follow me on facebook
ChiisaiYume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #26
cateyedprincess

I was curious if anyone would know where to get contacts that are similar to the look of the characters from Claymore. I've seen a lot of cosplayers go for just plain silver, or mirrored lenses, and when they're photographed they look like plain blue or light blue colored to me. I was hoping to find something that would stand out more...

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...168 161_n.jpg

I have a few back up options in mind, but I was hoping I might get some suggestions first?

Thanks so much. ^^
cateyedprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
ldb88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
What is your base curve exactly? Acuvue 2 and Focus Softcolors lenses come in 2 different base curves, while Illusions lenses come in 3 different base curves. Unfortunately many stock theatrical, cosmetic, and circle lenses sound like they are a no-go for you if you do not have a base curve of 8.6.

You also have the option of asking your optometrist if you can safely go 1mm flatter/steeper in the base curve to perhaps get to a base curve that is offered. You also have the option to see what the optometrist's office can order to suit your measurements, or you can just get product names from them and order online if it is cheaper, or order some custom lenses from a place like 9mmsfx.
Thanks. I haven't been to the doc yet, but I was a little worried about what the options were if I ended up with an uncommon set of measurements. Now I know there are a few options!
ldb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #28
RikuGurl
DragonSparkz

I've been trying to get a natural looking icy blue/aqua colored lens. I thought I struck gold when I found these in Caribbean Aqua:
http://www.lensquest.com/freshlook-d...-lens/qxp90968

Though I suppose your eyes have to be REALLY right for them to make a difference? I received them the other day and they really didn't accomplish anything. In fact they just make my natural color look a shade darker :/
Here is a photo I took today.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2eyb3gy.jpg

The top photo is with the right lens in (left on the picture) and below is the bright blue/aqua (photoshopped) I was hoping to get. The right side of the photo is my natural color.

Can anyone help me find a very natural looking color like that? I'm hoping for a price tag under $100 for a pair of lenses, but I know there are no guarantees.

Thank you :]

Youtube.com my youtube account.

Facebook.com my facebook.

Last edited by RikuGurl : 02-01-2011 at 05:04 PM.
RikuGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #29
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuGurl View Post
I've been trying to get a natural looking icy blue/aqua colored lens. I thought I struck gold when I found these in Caribbean Aqua:
http://www.lensquest.com/freshlook-d...-lens/qxp90968

Though I suppose your eyes have to be REALLY right for them to make a difference? I received them the other day and they really didn't accomplish anything. In fact they just make my natural color look a shade darker :/
Here is a photo I took today.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2eyb3gy.jpg

The top photo is with the right lens in (left on the picture) and below is the bright blue/aqua (photoshopped) I was hoping to get. The right side of the photo is my natural color.

Can anyone help me find a very natural looking color like that? I'm hoping for a price tag under $100 for a pair of lenses, but I know there are no guarantees.

Thank you :]
I think the Freshlook Dimensions are meant for light blue eyes, and yours seem to be dark blue/grey.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #30
RikuGurl
DragonSparkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
I think the Freshlook Dimensions are meant for light blue eyes, and yours seem to be dark blue/grey.
Yeah that's what I figured. I just wish I'd known that before I bought them lol.

Youtube.com my youtube account.

Facebook.com my facebook.
RikuGurl is offline   Reply With Quote