Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 119 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #301
devilgirl32

what are some websites that are safe and trusted that i can buy color contacts from? are the sites that are advertised on cosplay.com like pinky paradise and honey color safe?

also what can i expect when wearing contacts? is there going to be a certain sensation i'll feel in my eyes?

I want to buy these http://www.honeycolor.com/red-manson-crazy-lens.html red contacts that my friend has, she bought them from honey color, but she said she can see the red part of the contact that's around her cornea without looking at a mirror, is that safe?

Last edited by devilgirl32 : 07-12-2012 at 09:18 AM.
devilgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #302
cas324dre
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
I noticed lately that there have been a number of requests for help finding and choosing contact lenses. I thought it might be nice to have one thread where we can ask for suggestions and give/get recommendations, which can yield more results per inquiry as opposed to having many individual threads that all too often slide off the first page without much ado.

As new suggestions come up, I will add them to the list below. As always, see your optometrist first before considering contact lenses so that at minimum you know what your base curve and diameter are and what lenses you particularly should buy/avoid.

Whether you need ideas to start with, are trying to decide between different lenses that you have found, or love making recommendations and want to share your experiences and input, I think this thread can serve as a solid resource for all parties involved and be fun. Please join in the discussion!

Please kindly post links and pics if you are trying to get lenses for a specific character or are trying to decide what/where to buy!

I like Candy Lens, Pinky pardise. I like these sites not only do they change the eye color it enlarge your eyes.
cas324dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #303
AmanoMiharu
AmanoMiharu

I'll like to recommend lenscircle.com <3 Their contacts are really comfy to wear and they have a variety to choose form as well. c:
- Azusa Nakano Listen Version [100%]
- Sachi from Swords Art Online [10%]

__Looking forward to..___

- Cherry Blossom Festival 2013
- Fanime 2013
- J-Pop Summit Festival 2013
- SacAnime Summer 2013

Check out my FB page! I will be posting all my cosplay related things there! Also hosting a giveaway for reaching 300 likes as thanks to everyone! c:
http://www.facebook.com/AmanoMiharuPage

AmanoMiharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #304
KGaleway

So...I'm cosplaying a character who has (natural) pale green eyes. I, on the other hand, have very dark brown. I don't have a prescription and have never worn contacts before. But most green contacts I see either don't show up very well on dark eyes or are bright crayola green and don't look remotely natural.

Help?
KGaleway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #305
lissastargazer

I want contact lenses that will make my eyes look a very similar color to this wig:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

My eyes are already green, but I want some circle lenses that will make them look bigger and brighter. What brand and color do you suggest? I've checked both blue and green lenses of a lot of different brands and none of them seem right to me.
lissastargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #306
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

I'm having some trouble finding orange cat's eye patterned contact lenses for my Thief (The character in the portrait to the left of the text box here). I used some cheap ones for a makeup test a while back, but they were quite uncomfortable and obscured my vision at the edges.

I've been looking at circle lenses (since they shouldn't obscure my pupil), but I can't seem to find any orange ones with a cats eye pattern (orange lens without a slit pupil might work, but I'd rather find a pair with them if I can).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by BisectedBrioche : 08-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #307
pinapplegum
Laughter is contagious :)

Hey~!

I need BRIGHT yellow-green contacts for a Scanty cosplay, but I can't seem to find any that match what I'm looking for:

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ii-d5441ao.jpg

Any suggestions?

Oh, and they need to be prescription lenses.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0312933&type=3
pinapplegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #308
Ion
イオン

@ Bisected: The closest thing I have seen to orange cat lenses that were non-custom would be these at Eyesbright [UK company]. If you can settle for orange lenses without the slit pupil, you have more to choose from, here are a few I have found thus far.

@ Pinapplegum: The most cartoonish green lenses I can think of are Green Manson lenses like these with a simple black ring outline. They are going to be very opaque and show well on any eye color. If you want something with a slightly more intricate design, the Geo animation SF series might be something you are interested in.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #309
Amandy-Chan

I don't know a thing about contact lenses

Sometime soon, I want to get brown contact lenses, preferably circle lenses. My eyes are a light blue, though, so I'd need more opaque lenses. Do those exist? I know most circle lenses are designed for the original color to show through.
Amandy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #310
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy-Chan View Post
Sometime soon, I want to get brown contact lenses, preferably circle lenses. My eyes are a light blue, though, so I'd need more opaque lenses. Do those exist? I know most circle lenses are designed for the original color to show through.
Well, I was all set to post this lovely writeup with blog links and pics, then the system ate it. Stay classy, coscom.

Anyway, first stop should be the optometrist for a formal fitting. Then you know whether your eyes are ok to wear contact lenses and what specs you need to buy your lenses in, base curve and diameter are key here. Please do not skip this step, you can have 20/20 vision but not be able to wear contacts so it is important to know that your eyes are healthy.

Secondly, do you have a particular character in mind or does shade of brown not matter? Simply searching using the words "circle lens on blue eyes" will give you a good amount of results.

Circle lenses are manufactured by Asians with Asians in mind, so the lenses are designed to look best over dark eyes. However, there are a variety of lenses that are opaque and will produce dramatic color changes, just like there are some that are made to blend. It is more a matter of tracking down good candidates and trying them out, sometimes it is a hit, sometimes it is a miss, but that is how it works with colored contacts.

A few to consider:
Geo Wing Series and Princess Mimi Chocolate Brown
Adore Bi-Tone lenses look like they would work better for light eyes
Dueba Sassy Brown, model has green eyes, but the lenses are pretty opaque
Geo Angel Brown on blue eyes
Geo Twins 3-Tone in Honey
DollyEye Series [A standard choice for dramatic color changes regardless of natural eye color]
Also, this guy has blue eyes and reviews lenses

I would avoid any lens that basically makes the limbal ring thicker when you have light eyes, it does not make your eyes appear brown and looks... odd.

And of course, every major seller organizes lenses by color so browsing through may help you find the prefect lens for your needs. Just remember you want something more solid in color and with a smaller pupil hole. For places to buy, check the first post of the thread.

If you are going to get into contact lens usage more, I would definitely recommend bookmarking any of those bloggers and perhaps their friends because they typically do multiple reviews which can be handy when you want another color lens. Tumblr and Soompi also have a number of active posters who share photos often. Unfortunately, Soompi is mostly populated with posters who have dark eyes, but the occasional light-eyed person posts their photos so it is worth checking out.

Hope this helps a bit. If you want more specific info or have ref pics for your character, please do share them!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #311
Amandy-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Well, I was all set to post this lovely writeup with blog links and pics, then the system ate it. Stay classy, coscom.

Anyway, first stop should be the optometrist for a formal fitting. Then you know whether your eyes are ok to wear contact lenses and what specs you need to buy your lenses in, base curve and diameter are key here. Please do not skip this step, you can have 20/20 vision but not be able to wear contacts so it is important to know that your eyes are healthy.

Secondly, do you have a particular character in mind or does shade of brown not matter? Simply searching using the words "circle lens on blue eyes" will give you a good amount of results.

Circle lenses are manufactured by Asians with Asians in mind, so the lenses are designed to look best over dark eyes. However, there are a variety of lenses that are opaque and will produce dramatic color changes, just like there are some that are made to blend. It is more a matter of tracking down good candidates and trying them out, sometimes it is a hit, sometimes it is a miss, but that is how it works with colored contacts.

A few to consider:
Geo Wing Series and Princess Mimi Chocolate Brown
Adore Bi-Tone lenses look like they would work better for light eyes
Dueba Sassy Brown, model has green eyes, but the lenses are pretty opaque
Geo Angel Brown on blue eyes
Geo Twins 3-Tone in Honey
DollyEye Series [A standard choice for dramatic color changes regardless of natural eye color]
Also, this guy has blue eyes and reviews lenses

I would avoid any lens that basically makes the limbal ring thicker when you have light eyes, it does not make your eyes appear brown and looks... odd.

And of course, every major seller organizes lenses by color so browsing through may help you find the prefect lens for your needs. Just remember you want something more solid in color and with a smaller pupil hole. For places to buy, check the first post of the thread.

If you are going to get into contact lens usage more, I would definitely recommend bookmarking any of those bloggers and perhaps their friends because they typically do multiple reviews which can be handy when you want another color lens. Tumblr and Soompi also have a number of active posters who share photos often. Unfortunately, Soompi is mostly populated with posters who have dark eyes, but the occasional light-eyed person posts their photos so it is worth checking out.

Hope this helps a bit. If you want more specific info or have ref pics for your character, please do share them!
This helps a lot. Thank you.

My mom works at an eye doctor's office so any kind of eye examination is no problem for me. I can get it done for free. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I planned to. Trust me. My mom would make me.

Um... I do have a specific character in mind, but I will probably use them for more than one character. The character I'm looking at right now is Yukari Takeba. I don't think the shade is too important, though, as long as it's brown. Would it help at all if I posted a picture of my natural eye color?

Last edited by Amandy-Chan : 08-20-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Amandy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #312
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy-Chan View Post
Um... I do have a specific character in mind, but I will probably use them for more than one character. The character I'm looking at right now is Yukari Takeba. I don't think the shade is too important, though, as long as it's brown. Would it help at all if I posted a picture of my natural eye color?
Sure! Perhaps other people will chime in w/ suggestions too.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #313
ladylavender

Hello!

I'm looking around for golden/honey colored contacts for my Yoko Littner cosplay. (here's a ref pic http://www.zerochan.net/174867)

I have light blue eyes and I was wondering what contacts would get me closest to her eye color
ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #314
Wolfmeisterrr

Anyone have any recommendations

for some blue contacts and aqua contacts for dark eyes. That stand out in low light and of course natural sunlight

These are for the characters Winry and Asuka, the Aqua is for fluttershy.

Must have prescription.
Thanks again
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #315
Zeles

I"m cosplaying as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts and Serah from Final Fantasy, and I was looking for blue contacts; and I had some questions.
I wear hard lenses because my eyes are funky (I'm not exactly sure, but my eye doctor said it's shaped differently), so would it look messed up if I wore soft color contacts? (Or hurt my eyes?)
Also, is Pinky Paradise a good website for color contacts? I have really bad eyesight as is so I don't want to impair it >.< (Btw, I'm just going to wear my glasses with my cosplay then take it off whenever I need to so I don't need prescription)
Thanks in advance