Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #406
Spiritpanda

Hey everyone! I'm wondering if you guys might have some contact recommendations for a couple characters: Roxy Lalonde (pink) and Aoi Asahina(blue).
http://static.tumblr.com/eb3c154545b...ll.1082359.jpg (roxy)
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...1366654972.jpg (Aoi)
I have light eyes (Hazel) so color showing up shouldn't really be a problem
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!^^
Spiritpanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #407
DrTights

i have really dark brown eyes and i'm looking for blue eyes to do a red arrow costume.

http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/upload...tisfaction.jpg

looking for comfort more than anything, thanks in advance!
DrTights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #408
Khorrupt

The girl in picture 7 appears to have dark eyes as well.

https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Shinny...4-shinnyaq.htm

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~kigurumi!Silkie (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Elizabethan!TARDIS - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier - 15% complete
~Princess Peach - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #409
DrTights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
The girl in picture 7 appears to have dark eyes as well.

https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Shinny...4-shinnyaq.htm
Thank you!
DrTights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #410
starfishhx3

Hey guys,
I need some natural looking green contacts (I have blue/greyish eyes) for my dean winchester cosplay. I've been looking anywhere but can't seem to find a good, natural looking color that is not too bright.
Thanks!
starfishhx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #411
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishhx3 View Post
Hey guys,
I need some natural looking green contacts (I have blue/greyish eyes) for my dean winchester cosplay. I've been looking anywhere but can't seem to find a good, natural looking color that is not too bright.
Thanks!
Have you considered trying Acuvue enhancers? If your eyes are on the lighter side of blue/grey, you can "tint" them green with the lenses. One of my friends has light blue/grey eyes and the green lenses look gorgeous and natural on her eyes. I am pretty sure that is also a model that there are "free trial" certificates for so it may be worth looking into.

Otherwise, G&G GBT Green looks quite pretty over light eyes - check the pics tagged as "On light eyes".

In general, I think many of the more translucent color lenses will work and look natural for you, just steer clear of the ones with super thick, dark limbal rings and intense patterns.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #412
BondGirl007

I'm looking for contacts like this:
http://www.9mmsfx.com/images/gallerypix/yhb.jpg

and like this:
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/pho...9-1024-768.jpg

I can settle on the Hellboy ones for some regular yellow contacts if screen accurate ones are expensive but it's really important for me to get the correct contacts for Illyria. I've been looking around for quite awhile and I haven't seen a thing. Maybe you know a site that I don't know....
BondGirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #413
axemnas

I'm looking for some florescent lenses for my costume of the Shrouded Man and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. It doesn't matter as far as prescription but, I am on a budget and I'd like them to last a while if possible. I think they're either red or orange. (I'm a little color blind) I can't say it matters if they don't glow without black light cause I was working on rigging some black lights in the shroud if I can to have that glow. Joss Whedon said that they used a blacklight with some florescent lenses when they made it on Buffy.
I was thinking of purchasing these from YouKnowIt.com
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...enses-pair.cfm
I was wondering if anyone's purchased a i-glow set or from YouKnowIt.com in general before? I've never worn contacts and I want to get the effect I want for a decent price.

░████░░████░
░█░░█░░█░░█░ Put This
░████░░████░ On Your Signature
░█░█░░░█░░░░ If You Role-play
░█░░█░░█░░░░
axemnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #414
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by axemnas View Post

I'm looking for some florescent lenses for my costume of the Shrouded Man and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. It doesn't matter as far as prescription but, I am on a budget and I'd like them to last a while if possible. I think they're either red or orange. (I'm a little color blind) I can't say it matters if they don't glow without black light cause I was working on rigging some black lights in the shroud if I can to have that glow. Joss Whedon said that they used a blacklight with some florescent lenses when they made it on Buffy.
I was thinking of purchasing these from YouKnowIt.com
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...enses-pair.cfm
I was wondering if anyone's purchased a i-glow set or from YouKnowIt.com in general before? I've never worn contacts and I want to get the effect I want for a decent price.
I haven't purchased the i-glow lenses but I've ordered several times from YouKnowIt. I've always been happy with my purchases. Shipping is pretty quick (~12 business days from UK to California), nothing has ever arrived damaged, never had any problems using my credit card (no unlisted charges, etc.). Their prices have risen a couple dollars over the last few years, but they are still inexpensive and have a fantastic selection. I've recommended them several times.

If you've never worn lenses before, please see an optometrist and make sure that you are able to wear contacts. Not everyone has the same base curve on their eye, and wearing ill-fitting lenses can cause permanent damage.
AdventurerEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #415
cosmeticlover

Do you know other brands selling crazy lenses ?

Hello,

Do you know other brands selling crazy lenses or only Geo lenses are good ?

Thank you.
cosmeticlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #416
indiraptor

Hello! I'm really hoping someone can help me with this, because I know it's going to be incredibly hard to find. I'm looking for some contacts for a Matryoshka Gumi cosplay.

They just need to be green on the inside and red on the outside, I don't really care if they're in perfect circles. Please, if you can find something even close to this I'll love you forever.

Spider-Man (Spiderman) - 15%
Matryoshka Gumi (Vocaloid) - 0%
Rigby (Regular Show) - 5%
Miria Harvent (Baccano!) - 0%

indiraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #417
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiraptor View Post
Hello! I'm really hoping someone can help me with this, because I know it's going to be incredibly hard to find. I'm looking for some contacts for a Matryoshka Gumi cosplay.

They just need to be green on the inside and red on the outside, I don't really care if they're in perfect circles. Please, if you can find something even close to this I'll love you forever.
I have no idea if this site is legit or the contact manufacturer is safe, but a quick google turned up these. I'll leave it to your caution to do research about the manufacturer and vendor.
AdventurerEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #418
Ilafatyu
That guy

Hey, just noticed this thread. I'm looking for realistic-ish red contact lenses that are FDA approved. Obviously not going to be circle lenses. I already wear regular prescription contacts, so that's not a big deal. I have light eyes, if that's any issue.

Thanks, guys.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #419
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Hey, just noticed this thread. I'm looking for realistic-ish red contact lenses that are FDA approved. Obviously not going to be circle lenses. I already wear regular prescription contacts, so that's not a big deal. I have light eyes, if that's any issue.

Thanks, guys.
Red lenses are made using opaque pigments so covering your eye color is not much of a problem. However, depending on pupil size of the lens, some of your eye color might peek through. Honestly, a lot of the red circle lenses come off as looking more natural due to the patterns they have available + they are generally available in prescription, and must be cleared through the KFDA [so they are a safe choice] but since you have asked to avoid them these are what I have seen around available in prescription sold by companies based in the country.

Angelic Red not exactly "realistic" but popular choice nonetheless. Very noticeable.
Vamp Blood lenses will probably come off looking slightly more wine red if you want a subdued look.
New Moon lenses look a bit more realistic with more detail
Paine lenses would be awesome if you have the budget.
And if you have a large budget, 9mmsfx is the best place what with their movie-tier offerings. Anime Red, Lilith, and Vampyre Red are gorgeous.

Hope this helps.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #420
KrystleClear

Thumbs down Pinky is Getting Shady

Pinky Paradise is one of the if not Thee Biggest store for all your online Circle Lens needs. However out of all the two thumbs waaay up vids on YT and all the good reviews online the service I received was Nooo Bueno!
think the store is getting waay more Hype than realistic. And the fact that you are not allowed to leave any negative comments about the store online is saying something. Any negative posts are taken down or frozen out, I ordered my contacts on the 5th of Dec, Still waiting and its the 16th going on the 17th I paid for the 4-7 day shipping. Which was extra. Then I received my order conf and only one pair was listed on the order.
Customer service has begun to suffer, maybe because of the stores growing popularity due to providing free lenses to Youtubers. Customer service previously had not been too bad, not stellar but not worth writing a review about. I emailed my concerns and questions I got some one sentence replies for 2 emails but after my payment went through I didnt receive any more responses to my questions about the other contacts not being on my shipping order email.
I'm crossing my fingers that the contacts are nice but the customer service was not good at all, after he received payment that is. I say there are tons of online lens stores and I prefer to deal with one that respects and responds to concerns. Pinky lenses are not exclusive to that store so you may want to shop around, FYI if you do choose PinkyParadise DONT PAY EXTRA FOR SHIPPING it still comes the same amount of time as the regular lower cost shipping.

Just want you to learn from my lesson.
KrystleClear is offline   Reply With Quote