Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #46
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkRaven View Post
I've been looking at the Ice Blue Venus for a cosplay of Major Ocelot from MGS3 ...Anyone have any experience with these contacts and the best place to get them?
CosplayLab and Insane Lenses both carry the Venus line along with many other lenses. Be sure you have your doctor's information or a prescription ready when ordering. As far as the lenses themselves are concerned, I found that my pair was thin and comfortable to wear throughout the day so you should have no problem with them if you fit the lens specs as well.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe

Last edited by Ion : 07-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #47
Alphonia
Dorkasaurus

I'm looking into getting white contacts for Hinata from Naruto.

I'm looking into getting some white-outs or white mansons but I'm not sure which one would be better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by Alphonia : 02-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Alphonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #48
canal

Sorry... maybe someone asked this question somewhere else already but I couldn't find it. What happened to Tokioshine's website? Did they close down? Did they change name?
canal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #49
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonia View Post
I'm looking into getting white contacts for Hinata from Naruto.

I'm looking into getting some white-outs or white mansons but I'm not sure which one would be better. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Here are a few lenses you can check out.
If you want the pupil-less look you would need "blind contacts" like these which are no-vision, so you would definitely want a guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canal View Post
Sorry... maybe someone asked this question somewhere else already but I couldn't find it. What happened to Tokioshine's website? Did they close down? Did they change name?
Tokioshine temporarily closed while they "moved their office" in August and never reopened. Best guess is that the company was raided/seized by the government as they were based in California and were selling lenses without verifying prescriptions or they owners knew they were in danger of legal repercussions and decided to close down. I do not think the owners have tried to reopen another store.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe

Last edited by Ion : 07-15-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #50
atlantisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canal View Post
AFAIK they are closed down. Since they were located in the United States, the company was likely seized by the FDA or something. But yeah, they're closed.

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #51
pancake-fong
Likes Pancakes

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm searching for yellow cat eye contacts (like these: http://www.coastalcontacts.com/speci...prod97255.html) but non-plano. Does such a thing exist?!?! I've searched a few sites but they all seem to be plano. Which is really frustrating considering they have other yellow contacts/crazy contacts that are non-plano!!!

I would go with the plano if my eyes didn't suck so bad...I wear a power of -3.25 in both eyes...so...yeah.

If anybody could help me in my quest then I'd appreciate it!! If not...then it's cool.
pancake-fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #52
lillybearbutt
Riri

I am planning on cosplaying as Yin from Darker than BLack and I purchased from Candylens.com, the Dolly Eye in Violet. It is incredibly vibrant! i love it! I did a review of these contacts in my blog!

http://livelovelaughlil.blogspot.com...ns-review.html

I really like Candylens.com too, their service is great and the packaging is incredibly cute. Prices aren't that bad either, I've been pretty satisfied with them so far and I'd buy from them again.
lillybearbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #53
Zhor'Fughakee
Wasteland Plague Doctor

I don't know if someone posted it, but for those who need some contact lenses, I bought many pairs on that website : http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/

They are great quality, and you can buy them for only $30 ! And you can order them without prescription
Zhor'Fughakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #54
lillybearbutt
Riri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhor'Fughakee View Post
I don't know if someone posted it, but for those who need some contact lenses, I bought many pairs on that website : http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/

They are great quality, and you can buy them for only $30 ! And you can order them without prescription
I love that website, I never knew they started selling contacts!
But just as you said, they're all w/o prescription, and as much as I love their pricing, I am also blind Great website for those with perfect enough vision
lillybearbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #55
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
CosplayLab and Insane Lenses both carry the Venus line along with many other lenses. Be sure you have your doctor's information or a prescription ready when ordering. As far as the lenses themselves are concerned, I found that my pair was thin and comfortable to wear throughout the day so you should have no problem with them if you fit the lens specs as well.
I checked my prescription and my DIA is 14.1 rather than 14.0 ... how much of a difference can there be without damaging my eyes? I don't want to go blind, but these contacts honestly look the the best ones color-wise for a natural ice blue...

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #56
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

@InkRaven: As an owner of the Ice Blue Venus lenses from cosplaylab, you'll be just fine. My DIA I believe is 14.00, but if your's is 14.1 that's hardly anything to worry about. The DIA is not going to damage your eyes at all. And the lenses from cosplaylab are ALL FDA approved, so you don't have anything to worry about. They require you to fax or call in your prescription though before they ship, so that should give you some peace of mind that they take their sales very seriously.

If you're really worried about the lenses, I would send an e-mail to the owner of the site. They have been more than helpful for me anytime I had any questions or concerns, and I think they could probably better answer any questions that you might have about costume lenses, especially if this is your first time buying theatrical lenses.

Ion: I am looking for a good pair of contacts for my Serah Farron (reference photo)cosplay. As I stated above, I own the Ice Blue Venus lenses, but as you can see HERE they don't cover my brown iris all the way. Do you have any good recommendations for blue powered lenses that will opaque out a medium brown eye color? (That don't cost an arm and a leg? lol!) Thanks in advance!!

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2014 Conventions:
AnimeBoston (tentative)
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA

Last edited by Sticks : 02-20-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #57
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

I hope this hasn't been asked before, but I am looking for an insanely vivid blue. I am pretty sure I will end up getting DollyEye Blue, but if there is any other insane blue out there, I will take it. Creepy, unnatural, neon blue...Something along those lines. But if you think it will feel uncomfortable to wear that sort of neon, I will avoid it.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #58
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
Ion: I am looking for a good pair of contacts for my Serah Farron (reference photo)cosplay. As I stated above, I own the Ice Blue Venus lenses, but as you can see HERE they don't cover my brown iris all the way. Do you have any good recommendations for blue powered lenses that will opaque out a medium brown eye color? (That don't cost an arm and a leg? lol!) Thanks in advance!!
I love DollyEye blue lenses which are $20ish a pair. They are quite vibrant. I have not tried Acuvue 2 Opaque blue lenses but they also look like they have a good amount of coverage and are really vibrant, I know they have been recommended before too. Both are offered in powers, are highly pigmented, and the Acuvue lenses tend to run less than $30/box, I think they may be good options to look into.

@HEYOashley: ColorMax Aqua or Blue lenses are pretty out there in terms of color, especially when flash photography is used. You might also like Crystal Blue lenses (same as the i.Fairy lenses), G&G GBT Blue lenses, or some of the offerings at YouKnowIt that seem more geared to clubbing/cosplay (there are a ton of them actually). Hope these links give you some things to mull over. If not, I am sure someone else will step up with other great ideas for you!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #59
Live-Lust-Love
Little Sister

Ion:
I am on the hunt for contacts for my bioshock 2, little sister, cosplay (link) I trying to find a full yellow contact that covers even the white of my eye but Ill be happy with just a good looking yellow that doesnt need to cover.
Live-Lust-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #60
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Live-Lust-Love: Lenses that cover the entire eye are called sclera lenses. Unfortunately I do not know of any place that stocks solid yellow lenses at would look exactly like her eyes, which would be "blind" lenses as they cover your pupil, so you would need a guide. You could get them custom made, of course. However, Coastal Contacts has yellow sclera lenses with pupil holes, as well as a variety of theatrical yellow lenses in the standard size: 1, 2, 3, 4. Maybe some of these links will give you an idea of what is available? Other people will probably chime in with different lenses I forgot to mention.

CURRENT PROJECTS