Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 112 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #91
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be
 
Gypsyangelf4i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,969
Awesome, thanks!
__________________
Find Me On DA: http://gypsyangelf4i.deviantart.com/
Gypsyangelf4i is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #92
merquryd
Registered User
 
merquryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 92
Hot Pink or Magenta lenses

I apologize because I posted this question in the wrong thread before.

I want to cosplay Togame from Katanagatari and am looking for hot pink or magenta contact lenses. I will need them in a prescription.

Here are some references:
http://www.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_17819.jpg
http://www.animenation.net/blog/wp-c...agatari_PV.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!
__________________

Animazement 2011
Togame from Katanagatari


In progress:
Togame from Katanagatari
Sakura from Street Fighter


Dream Cosplays:
Huey from The Boondocks
Mio from K-ON
Yoruichi from Bleach (all versions!)
Celty from Durarara!
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon
and Grimmjow
merquryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #93
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D
 
ShinobuWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 691
Hello! I hope i'm doing this right ^^'

I have darkish green eyes (they change from light to dark occasionally), and wear regular contacts to see. I want to get a pair of brown contacts for Yui Hirasawa from K-On. Reference link:
http://neoshinka.files.wordpress.com...secret_400.jpg

My one thing is I don't want to use circle lenses. The ones I've seen have a large pupil hole, but I think that's for the effect of making the eyes appear larger. I want my eye color to be covered completely if possible.
I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong ^^' But thank you very much in advance! ^_^
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
Kairi-Kingdom Hearts I (50%; on hold for now)
Toph Beifong (Fire Nation)- Avatar: The Last Airbender (75%)

Last edited by ShinobuWind : 04-02-2011 at 04:16 PM.
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #94
nukiuchi
peanut butter...er
 
nukiuchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by merquryd View Post
I apologize because I posted this question in the wrong thread before.

I want to cosplay Togame from Katanagatari and am looking for hot pink or magenta contact lenses. I will need them in a prescription.

Here are some references:
http://www.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_17819.jpg
http://www.animenation.net/blog/wp-c...agatari_PV.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!
I'm cosplaying Togame, too! Colorwise, these seem like the best match:
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...pair300402.cfm
However, these seem to come in plano only. And I've never ordered from that site before. Just a warning, I'm not sure if their contacts are FDA approved...

So I got myself a different pair. I researched for weeks for contacts that were closest to Togame's eye color, prescriptioned, affordable, AND from a reliable seller. I compromised and ended up getting these:
http://www.coastalcontacts.com/speci...prod97170.html
which I ended up really liking! They're actually not as artificially bright red as the picture on that website. It's a nice touch of color that brings attention to your eyes, plus they're comfortable. Maybe they'll work for you, too? Anyways, you can just tell people that the original illustrations from the novels gives Togame red eyes.

Good luck! I'd love to see your cosplay!
__________________
2012 Cosplay Plans:

Fugen Shinjin - Senkaiden Houshin Engi
Black Bat / Cassandra Cain - Batman
(alas, not so ambitious this year, it seems...)

on aftercon.com
nukiuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #95
merquryd
Registered User
 
merquryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukiuchi View Post
I'm cosplaying Togame, too! Colorwise, these seem like the best match:
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...pair300402.cfm
However, these seem to come in plano only. And I've never ordered from that site before. Just a warning, I'm not sure if their contacts are FDA approved...

So I got myself a different pair. I researched for weeks for contacts that were closest to Togame's eye color, prescriptioned, affordable, AND from a reliable seller. I compromised and ended up getting these:
http://www.coastalcontacts.com/speci...prod97170.html
which I ended up really liking! They're actually not as artificially bright red as the picture on that website. It's a nice touch of color that brings attention to your eyes, plus they're comfortable. Maybe they'll work for you, too? Anyways, you can just tell people that the original illustrations from the novels gives Togame red eyes.

Good luck! I'd love to see your cosplay!
That You Know It site is such a tease for people who need a prescription. I was contemplating these: http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...nses148394.cfm
The preview picture looked light but I looked at the user submitted pictures and thought they were a close enough match. I like the purple ones you suggested, too, but I really want ones with prescription.

Do you have a picture of you wearing the red ones you ordered? Do you have light or dark eyes?
__________________

Animazement 2011
Togame from Katanagatari


In progress:
Togame from Katanagatari
Sakura from Street Fighter


Dream Cosplays:
Huey from The Boondocks
Mio from K-ON
Yoruichi from Bleach (all versions!)
Celty from Durarara!
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon
and Grimmjow

Last edited by merquryd : 04-03-2011 at 01:33 PM.
merquryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #96
Doeric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Hello! (first post, and I make myself look like a total newb, oh joy!)

I've been cosplaying for about three or four years now, but just now I've begun to decide that contacts might give my particular cosplays an added flair and level of detail. This applies especially to my newest cosplay, Death the Kid (from Soul Eater).http://images.wikia.com/souleater/im.../a1/Death2.jpg

I have dark brown eyes, and I'm looking for contacts to at least get my eyes yellow. I don't need the two-tone effect that Kid has. Also, I've never had to wear contacts or even put anything near my eyes (the closest was putting in eye allergy relief drops NEAR the eye), so any tips I could get would be greatly appreciated!
Doeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #97
merquryd
Registered User
 
merquryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doeric View Post
Hello! (first post, and I make myself look like a total newb, oh joy!)

I've been cosplaying for about three or four years now, but just now I've begun to decide that contacts might give my particular cosplays an added flair and level of detail. This applies especially to my newest cosplay, Death the Kid (from Soul Eater).http://images.wikia.com/souleater/im.../a1/Death2.jpg

I have dark brown eyes, and I'm looking for contacts to at least get my eyes yellow. I don't need the two-tone effect that Kid has. Also, I've never had to wear contacts or even put anything near my eyes (the closest was putting in eye allergy relief drops NEAR the eye), so any tips I could get would be greatly appreciated!
You're lucky you don't have a prescription (I'm guessing) because you are limitless when it comes to contacts. I've never worn contacts for cosmetic purposes, but I wear my prescription contacts every so often when I don't feel like wearing my glasses (I generally prefer my glasses). My advice would be to go to an eye doctor to get a fitting and to make sure you can even wear contacts. After you purchase a pair, you can go and see if they are okay to wear. I really don't understand how this works for people who don't wear prescription, but when I first got fitted for prescription contacts they gave me a trial pair, helped me put them in, told me to wear them for a couple days, and then had me come back in to check how my eyes were doing and to see if they were holding up well.

As for yellow contacts, I haven't ordered from here but I heard good things about this place: http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop/colour/yellow.cfm.

You can also try here: http://www.coastalcontacts.com/hallo...Lenses-p1.html

Good luck!
__________________

Animazement 2011
Togame from Katanagatari


In progress:
Togame from Katanagatari
Sakura from Street Fighter


Dream Cosplays:
Huey from The Boondocks
Mio from K-ON
Yoruichi from Bleach (all versions!)
Celty from Durarara!
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon
and Grimmjow
merquryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #98
merquryd
Registered User
 
merquryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobuWind View Post
Hello! I hope i'm doing this right ^^'

I have darkish green eyes (they change from light to dark occasionally), and wear regular contacts to see. I want to get a pair of brown contacts for Yui Hirasawa from K-On. Reference link:
http://neoshinka.files.wordpress.com...secret_400.jpg

My one thing is I don't want to use circle lenses. The ones I've seen have a large pupil hole, but I think that's for the effect of making the eyes appear larger. I want my eye color to be covered completely if possible.
I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong ^^' But thank you very much in advance! ^_^
I heard good things about Acuvue colors. http://www.visiondirect.com/acuvue-2...-lens/qxp90909
__________________

Animazement 2011
Togame from Katanagatari


In progress:
Togame from Katanagatari
Sakura from Street Fighter


Dream Cosplays:
Huey from The Boondocks
Mio from K-ON
Yoruichi from Bleach (all versions!)
Celty from Durarara!
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon
and Grimmjow
merquryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #99
atlantisan
 
atlantisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 817
For anybody needing red lenses in prescription, you can get the Dolly+ in red~ It comes in power up to -8.50, and they show up quite well on dark eyes. The currency is in Malaysian currency. With shipping I believe they are around $30.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...218902&theater
__________________

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #100
pinkflamingo
Registered User
 
pinkflamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantisan View Post
For anybody needing red lenses in prescription, you can get the Dolly+ in red~ It comes in power up to -8.50, and they show up quite well on dark eyes. The currency is in Malaysian currency. With shipping I believe they are around $30.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...218902&theater
Hey thats my photo! I was going to post it here just now but it looks like someone beat me to it (:
pinkflamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #101
atlantisan
 
atlantisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingo View Post
Hey thats my photo! I was going to post it here just now but it looks like someone beat me to it (:
Aww! I didn't know it was yours. You're absolutely adorable :3 I saw it pop up in my news feed from Geo Lens House and the lenses looked so pretty~
__________________

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #102
kanancom
Registered User
 
kanancom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 177
I'm looking for really intense ice blue contacts for a specific cosplay of Cammy from Street Fighter (reference image)

As you can see, the color is very intense and important to the overall costume. My eye color is approximately the same as this image. I own a pair of Sapphire blue Acuvue 2 Opaques, but find them too royal blue to work for Cammy. I need them to be prescription because I wear regular contacts, and the more comfortable the better because the Acuvue 2, even though they are nice, have a problem to sliding around and causing a blue haze (due to the base curve being that "one size fits all" bullshit). Thanks!
__________________

Dragon*con
Assassin Apprentice - AC:Brotherhood; Zelda - LoZ: Skyward Sword; Sweet Raiden - Sweet Snake Figumate; Wander - Shadow of the Colossus
kanancom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #103
raynelightning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
i have astigmatism! are there any crazy colored contact lenses for that? cause i am so blind with out glasses or my clear contact lenses
raynelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #104
Ion
Lyrical gangster
 
Ion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynelightning View Post
i have astigmatism! are there any crazy colored contact lenses for that? cause i am so blind with out glasses or my clear contact lenses
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=47
This post has both regular and circle colored toric lenses. Unfortunately beyond what is listed there, you will probably have to get the lenses custom made from a place like 9mmSFX or through your companies your eye doctor deals with. There is not such a great demand for colored toric lenses apparently.
__________________
OUR SHENANIGANS ARE CHEEKY AND FUN
LINK OUT + StealthStore

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #105
atlantisan
 
atlantisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanancom View Post
I'm looking for really intense ice blue contacts for a specific cosplay of Cammy from Street Fighter (reference image)

As you can see, the color is very intense and important to the overall costume. My eye color is approximately the same as this image. I own a pair of Sapphire blue Acuvue 2 Opaques, but find them too royal blue to work for Cammy. I need them to be prescription because I wear regular contacts, and the more comfortable the better because the Acuvue 2, even though they are nice, have a problem to sliding around and causing a blue haze (due to the base curve being that "one size fits all" bullshit). Thanks!
You could try these: http://www.coastalcontacts.com/hallo...html?ilid=lnav

Also, you mean you need a custom base curve? Because if not, then these might not work. I think as mentioned, 9mmsfx does custom lenses, but they're expensive.
__________________

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.