Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-27-2015, 10:11 AM   #1
KaiM0n
SillyNrrk

If you had infinite money what would you buy for cosplay?

·Buy a new sewing machine. Ours is kind of run down.
·Buy like tens of wigs to style.
·A separate room ..
·Some of the expensive bags from kawaii stores. Its just so cute.
·Now only if I could buy more time
-Currently on the verge of girl genius
KaiM0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
Syon

- A new sewing machine. Mine is a cheap one.
- A ton of wigs from US stores. I currently can't. Not only because of the damn high shipping and customs I have to pay, but also because Greece is killing the Euro and the exchange rate hasn't been that bad in the last 20 years.
- But even more important...a 3D printer and everything I need for it. This would be so awsome for propmaking.
Unread 04-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
Kitsuko

-A new machine as well as a serger and an embroidery machine.
- My own place so I can make one of the rooms a sewing/crafting room. ;n; A garage for armor making would be cool too.
- A crapton of patterns. Can never have too many patterns.
- A bunch of wigs and storage to put said wigs.

If only... ;n;

Megara from Hercules- 40%
Morrigan from Dragon Age- 8%
The Abandoned Doll from Bloodborne- 0%
Lucky Chloe from Tekken 7- 0%
Anna from Frozen-- Ican'thelpit (This will likely get dropped if I run out of time on the other costumes)- 0%
Kitsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I would buy a house that has a fully equipped workshop with every kind of tool I might need, as well as a separate and fully equipped sewing room, and a huge walk in closet where I can store all of my cosplays safely.

A 3D printer is also an awesome idea.

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Akiyhrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
Jigouku Chou
Survival Horror Addict

-An embroidery machine and serger
-Tons of beads and svaroskis
-All the worbla I could handle
-My own place so I could be free to make it a complete cosplay mess without anyone putting up a fuss
-Wigs, wigs, so many fancy wigs
Kingdom Hearts 1: Aerith

NDK 2015:
Rose of Versailles: Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes (Takarazuka ver.)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt: Panty (Transformation ver.)
Jigouku Chou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Marthony

$550 USD aluminum stilts
A metal structure (next to that new house of course) as a dedicated workshop
Marthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #7
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A bigger apartment with a designated sewing room, more dressforms, an industrial drafting/cutting table, and an embroidery machine.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
Ilafatyu
That guy

A two bedroom condo with a garage. Sewing, crafting, and generally living will be easier when all of the above isn't done in my bedroom.

Serger, embroidery machine, maybe a 3D printer. More metal clay! BEADS. Some shoes would be nice.

Hairy hats and more heads to put them on. Hell, a shelved closet with a glass door to keep them all in.

...And classes on simple circuitry, pattern drafting, stuff like that.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
missionYCO
Dancin' baby, ParaPara

Some great ideas in here! I originally came in with the idea of a sewing machine, but I just have to add some of the things ya'll said!

Sewing Machine
Serger
3D Printer
Sewing Classes
Embroidery Machine

I could probably think of more things, like supplies for specific costumes, but that's what I have right now.
missionYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #10
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I'd build a full-on maker space.

3D printers. CNC mill. Lathe. Laser cutter. Drill press. Bandsaw, jig saw, table saw. A wall of sewing machines, with embroidery machines and sergers included. A fume hood might be solid too, for letting resin and bondo cure. Maybe also an industrial-sized pot for a dye bath?

Other than that, just piles and piles of raw material like worbla and muslin.
  • Genderbend Makoto (Free! Eternal Summer): 27% (Wig Styling) Colossalcon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Summer 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #11
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

A 3-D printer, fully equipped wood shop, metal shop, and forge, at least one full-size loom, and people who knew how to work all those things at an expert level and had no more pressing demands on their time than teaching me--or taking over for me upon such time as I run out of time or energy.

Also, fuck it, you said INFINITE money, so--huge swathes of land in various parts of the world to function as untouched or well-restored nature preserves for any number of wonderful, beautiful animal and bird species to begin the process of repopulating the world, with just one predator. Me. Real fur and feathers for everything.

And basically the entire goddamn world and all the people in it. Infinite is infinite, yo.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Your Mother [Debbie Does Dallas XXIII] (8%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 04-27-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #12
Ilafatyu
That guy

I see one of us is more ambitious than the rest.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #13
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I see one of us is more ambitious than the rest.
I would also buy the moon. For photoshoots.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Your Mother [Debbie Does Dallas XXIII] (8%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #14
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

"Infinite money"?

"Infinite money"?!!

"Infinite money!!!"

"Infinite money" means no limit, and the money will never run out forever. Ever.

Well, since we are talking about "Infinite money" for cosplay...

I would hire the best & most expensive fashion designers from Tokyo, Paris, London, New York, and Berlin to design the cosplay costumes from anime, manga & sci-fi.

I would then hire the best special effects people from Lucasfilm, (Industrial Light & Magic) Disney, and Universal Studios, to create the most elaborate special effects for the costumes. (If it doesn't exist, they WILL make it exist.)

I would then hire the best & finest seamstresses & tailors in the world to create the costumes, and they would be paid at the best possible price. I will have a 20 mile long dorm/factory/garden/theme park for them to work on the costumes. (That area will also have a 40 mile nature preserve, where the rescued & endangered animals are taken care of by the most professional zookeepers in the world.)

I would also take a private jet trip, (Via the Boeing 737 Dreamliner) around the world to inspect the work by the finest seamstresses & tailors in the world. During my inspection tour, I would stay at the hotels that cost $100,000 per night, swim at a pool filled with champagne & have caviar as a breakfast snack. When I travel to cons by ground, it will be in a Rolls Royce with a British chauffeur, and an attending British butler. (I'll hire the best photographers too in the market for cosplay picture taking as well.)

Since money is no object, the seamstress & the tailors will work on the finest & most expensive materials possible. If they need the finest plush sheep wool from South America or Ireland, it will shipped by overnight courier.

I would also throw grand parties at cons, (With 5 star meals by the finest chefs in the world) and invite the cosplayers to eat for free. I would hire the most expensive DJ possible, and the London Symphony orchestra & Italian Opera singers to sing & play Live music during dinner. (And I'll also hire the most experienced ex-mercenaries to be the bodyguards, so noone gets drunk or causes any trouble. I don't want anyone puking on the floor, or underage kids trying to sneak a drink in.)

If a con pisses me off, I'll just buy them all out. And yes, I'll also create a special fund & hire workers to help starving cosplayers who couldn't afford a good meal, and give them first class meals at 5 star restaurants. (It will be catered.) Noone is going to be hungry at a con that I just bought out. If any cosplayer gets stranded after a con & can't get home, I'll just send them home with a first class ticket by plane or train.

And for cosplay purposes, I would create life sized sets by the Hollywood special effects people, and recreate scenes from the anime, manga of sci-fi shows.

For example...

I would recreate the scenes from "Attack On the Titans", and have the Hollywood special effects people create an actual 5 mile town set, a 100 foot wall, and an animatronic 100 foot tall "Titan". I would also hire thousands of peasant extras to run & scream just to give it the right atmosphere. (Plus, the special effects people will throw in the fogs & the lights.)

Then, I would invite as many "Attack on the Titans" cosplayers as I can, to come on the set. (They will be provided with flying wires, and real grappling hooks by the special effects people.) During the lunch & dinner breaks, the meals will all be catered for free by the world's finest chefs. (Including Gordon Ramsey.) The finest international make up artists will also be provided for free to the cosplayers.

There will also a a number of camera men filing the whole thing in different angles. (What's $200 million, if your money is infinite?)

Oh yeah...Before I forget, I would get the finest sewing machine ever made, and have it gold plated. (Forget silver!)

Well, the OP did say "Infinite money", so I have to think BIG...

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-27-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #15
Wobniar
Whooosh!!

Bwahaha I'm liking the sound of everything everyone is posting here xD

I'd probably just go with buying whatever it is I need for whatever costume it is I'm making... as well as a giant "cosplay house" to store everything in hahaha

Upcoming cons:
Anime Los Angeles 2015
Anime Expo 2014

Costumes in Making:
Roxie/Homika (Pokemon)
Val'kyr (WoW)
Illusen (Neopets)

Wobniar is offline   Reply With Quote