Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
immaloser

pros aide (body adhesive) questions.

I'm new to body adhesives. I want to wear a fake belly piercing and I'm thinking of using pros aide to stick it on. I have a few questions for people who are familiar with body glues.
Is pros aide the best body glue?
Is it safe against water and chlorine? (I will be getting in a pool and going to the beach)
Is it good against sweat and heavy motion (like running)?
How long does it usually last (can it last all day)?
Is it safe especially for sensitive skin?
Is it the most durable?
Thank u
immaloser is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Hi there, I use ProsAide quite often, as I do Jack Sparrow, and being a girl I can't grow facial hair myself lol
I find that it has been the best adhesive for me since it does last a long time and it is really gentle on your skin (since it is a medical grade adhesive). I am not 100% sure of how well it will hold up to being submerged in water while you swim though. I have gotten water on my facial hair a few times by accident, and it usually still holds up and they do claim that it is water resistant at least. But yea, it will hold for a long time. I usually do Jack for around 7-10hrs at a time and I never feel like my facial hair is falling off. It even holds the sort of heavy beard braids on my chin all day, so I'd say it's a really great adhesive. So much better than Spirit Gum which doesn't have a strong hold and actually irritated my skin (because it is alcohol based, so it dries out my skin :P ). There is also Telesis 5 adhesive, which I have heard is incredibly durable, but it is much more expensive than ProsAide. I have no personal experience with Telesis, but I do know a lot of Jack Sparrows like to use it for their facial hair and they also do all day gigs, and have not had a problem with the adhesive.
Hope that helps.

It's a pirate's life for me! Savvy?

Find me on Facebook!

SparrowStyle Entertainment on Instagram

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote