Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Unread 07-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
CosPoe
Yup, still broke.

Crystal Sailor V

So I've been sewing for a few years now, but what is going on with her shirt???? There's a cincher on a fuku and some strange lines happening above that.

I just... don't even know where to begin with it...

I usually draft my own patterns, but I've never even seen anything with a cut like this. I'm seriously considering just ignoring the weird lines and having the white be one piece.

Thoughts? Comments?? ADVICE???

Follow me on Facebook!!

www.facebook.com/CosPoe

Next Cons:
San Japan - San Antonio, TX
Dragon*Con - Atlanta, GA
CosPoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #2
mysticalchali
I am Princess Tomboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosPoe View Post

So I've been sewing for a few years now, but what is going on with her shirt???? There's a cincher on a fuku and some strange lines happening above that.

I just... don't even know where to begin with it...

I usually draft my own patterns, but I've never even seen anything with a cut like this. I'm seriously considering just ignoring the weird lines and having the white be one piece.

Thoughts? Comments?? ADVICE???
Lol, the skirt to my Sailor Moon Crystal fuku skirt kinda behaves this way, as much as real fabric actually can. You can't tell in the photos I have now, but I will be taking more photo's of the costume this weekend, as well as video so people can see how the fabric actually behaves...

What you will need to do is use a circle skirt pattern, but not just a regular circle skirt! You'll be having to sew at least 4 full split circles together to have this kind of effect. I actually had to modify a preexisting pattern to make my costume, and the skirt pattern was nearly perfect ( I had to lengthen in quite a bit, but other than that it was great). The pattern I modified was Butterick Pattern 5781. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231258565562?lpid=82

I did NOT attach the skirt to the bodysuit. I made a waistband for the skirt and all components are removable. I did this to make it easier on myself to wash the costume. I didn't want the colors to bleed out onto the white bodysuit part of the costume.

As for the weird lines (I'm assuming you are referring to the ones on her chest??), you could try A)Decorative topstitching, or B)A removable component (a chest sash for lack of a better term) that you could try attaching with snaps/hidden buttons/velcro/hook and eyes maybe?

Anyway, I hope this helps even a little bit. Good luck on your costume, I'm sure it will turn out lovely

Me-Princess on the outside, Tomboy on the inside!

Last edited by mysticalchali : 07-10-2014 at 03:36 AM.
mysticalchali is offline   Reply With Quote