Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Closed Thread
Unread 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
doxiequeen1

New Arda wig styles!

I just found their new styles O: They even have a lace front one.

Cady (lacefront wig) ($60)

Derek ($30)

Blue Steele ($30)

Chibi (can someone say perfect Maka wig?) ($35)

Hair bow ($9 [2+ $8])

Long clip in bangs ($12)

Short clip in bangs ($9)

**EDIT**

They have revieved a botched order of odangos which are for sale at a clearance price. Still waiting for real photos.

Odango braided buns ($5)

They also mention odangos and clip-in bands, but I can't find those anywhere. They actually haven't updated their "order a wig!" page so their isn't a way to order these. Yet. They have added more colors as well but I'm not familiar enough with their standard colors to tell which ones are new.

*New colors pointed out by Jacaranda ^^

Yellow Blonde 079 (no image)
Mahogany 104 ( image)
Powder Blue 065 ( image)

And the Nia Blend Candy Striper is new as well.

*Some recently added photos of colors

Lightning Pink C4 (no image)
Grape F13-3 (image)
Yellow F5 (image)
Seafoam Green C24 ( image)
Ultraviolet C3 ( image)
Orange Sherbet F3 ( image)

I personally think it's very neat they are getting into lace front wigs, I'm also excited about the Chibi because it looks like an excellent Maka Albarn wig and it has a full skin top. I hope they manage to still keep them reasonable priced.

I will update this with prices when they come available ^^

Last edited by doxiequeen1 : 01-19-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Unread 01-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
rhymechan
Whiny Brat

The Chibi also really made me happy. Up until now, the only pigtail wig was the Innocent? from Amphigory. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "MAKA" when I saw it.
I'm going to ballpark the Chibi at 35-40. And seeing as how Arda has awesome shipping time and price, I'd much rather order from them than Amphigory.
Clip-in odangos also make me a happy camper. No more stubbing, hooray!

JPop Summit Fest 2014
Nanase Haruka (Free!)

Japan Expo 2014
Day 1- Punk!Eren (SNK)
Day 2- Nanase Haruka (Free!)
Day 3- Medusa (Soul Eater)
Unread 01-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

That the Cady is the new lacefront wigs I've been hinting at since September.

I'm so glad it came through! I went crazy when the posted picture of them to soon on there site in Platinum Blonde 081.
I expect it to be a tad more expensive since it has to be hand tied but getting the material and tools to do it yourself is a lot more expensive then you think.

Blue Steele I think is a a relaunch of there older style they use to have by the name Blue Steel. Blue Steel was the super short in the bang wig with long bangs but I'm wondering if the made th head size bigger since the old one was 22" wig.

Quote:
This super short style is long in the front and super thick in the back to hide your hair. Cap size is slightly smaller at 22in to prevent bunching on smaller heads, and there is an off-center skintop at the hairline.

The Chibi (Chibi-Usa) inpried wig I wig i hand a character i want to do know for it. lol

I've been needling them about getting more Glam (lifted bang) wigs out there myself.

Shippoing time are goo they don't offer to many options on shipping to Canada just yet. They only offer 420 Express post curently which only save a week. But I still love there wigs.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 01-14-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Unread 01-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymechan View Post
The Chibi also really made me happy. Up until now, the only pigtail wig was the Innocent? from Amphigory. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "MAKA" when I saw it.
I'm going to ballpark the Chibi at 35-40. And seeing as how Arda has awesome shipping time and price, I'd much rather order from them than Amphigory.
Clip-in odangos also make me a happy camper. No more stubbing, hooray!
Haha yes, and I don't really care for the Innocent? The bangs would be too short and the pigtails seem to have to much volume. So I am very happy ^^ I just hope that the Chibi's pigtails will be long enough :/

They mention the Chibi being similar to their Leia which is $40, But since the Leia is so much longer I would assume the Chibi will be $35. Then again all their long wigs are $35 and it seems like that wig would be more expensive to make then a Ferrari so we shall see.

I'm more curious about their lace front wigs price since most of the wigs like that cost $60+

I'm really eager to see what the clip in odangos look like, whether they will be super huge or just nice sized buns..since that would be really convenient for any one making an Euphemia wig since they are one of the few sellers that have the perfect shade of pink.
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Ooooh... very nice new selections. It's awesome to see them branching into styles everyone needs but very few companies make (especially outside Japan). If they expand their color range significantly (especially their realistic shades), I think that'll definitely have me buying their wigs, finally. That's about the only thing that's kept me previously.

(lol, fr*m is a banned word on this post. silly server filter.)
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 01-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
Liquidfire3
.....see you later.

OMG yes!!! I especially love the hairbow and the laceyfront!! 8D

Cosplays in Progress
*True Form Midna: 45%
*Princess Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy): 40%
*Phazon Zero Suit Samus: 10%
Unread 01-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #7
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Of the new colors, the ones that I noticed so far are

Yellow Blonde 079 (no image)
Mahogany 104 (no image)
Powder Blue 065 (display picture for Cady)

And I think the Nia Blend Candy Striper is new as well.

However, there are still some colors that have been listed for a while that there are no display pictures for, or at least not ones I can find

Lightning Pink C4
Grape F13-3
Yellow F5 *
Seafoam Green C24
Ultraviolet C3
Orange Sherbet F3

* Yellow F5 is a special case... while there no pictures of it in a wig by itself, you can see the color in the Glam pictures. The Glam is also interesting in that the top color, titled simply as 88, is present ONLY in the Glam and not in any other wigs.

... I think something may be wrong with me if I actually notice these things...

*Edit* Deeeeerp, Sandy Brown isn't new after all. Thanks, Ani_BEE~

Last edited by Jacaranda : 01-15-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
doxiequeen1

Haha, thank you that is very helpful I updated it ^^ I hope they get photos up of those colors soon....orange sherbet sounds like a very interesting color..
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

The Sandy brown 124 has been up for a while on this wig.
http://kingdom-arts.org/arda-wigs/ja...dy%20brown.jpg

FanEXPO

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
The Sandy brown 124 has been up for a while on this wig.
http://kingdom-arts.org/arda-wigs/ja...dy%20brown.jpg
Indeed it has. o.O Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out~

*edit* Blue Steele has been added to the "Order A Wig" page! Then again, since the old Blue Steele was up there for a while, I imagine it would have been easier to add the new one in first than the other wig styles.

*edit 2* I THINK I found a picture of Orange Sherbet, but I'm not sure because it's not labeled: one example picture of the Jett. I'm trying to get down which wigs come in what colors in an organized list, and I realized that there wasn't a matching color listed for that, and it's definitely not Light Copper Red, so the most likely candidate is Orange Sherbet.

Last edited by Jacaranda : 01-15-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Based on the images and text listed under each wig on the "Color Chart" page (which isn't really much of a chart so much as a photo dump...), here is a list of all of Arda's wig colors, plus the styles they come in; this includes the new colors that have been added, but I'll modify the list once their clip-ins and odangos are added, plus any new colors they plan on throwing at us *fingers crossed*.

40 of them fall under the category of "Standard." I would have called them "solid" to separate them from their "blended" wigs, but some of the colors within the Standard category are blends themselves (081 Platinum Blonde, for example). 5 of the colors fall under the category of "Blends," meaning that they are made up segments of 2 or more colors from the "Standard" category. 3 colors are listed after that; these colors have number assignments but no names, and are only available as part of certain blended colors.

Note that this is not an official list, and only made by me checking and entering things into a word document. If I've made a mistake somewhere or missed a color/style, let me know. I might do a more comprehensive list with links to images of the colors later (and probably in a thread of it's own), but I hope this is helpful to someone in the mean time.

Part of the reason why I did this is while it's easy enough to search their wigs by style, figuring out which wigs come in a certain color can be a bit of a pain in the ass...

Standard Colors

002A Dark Lavender (Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short)
004 Light Green (Le Tigre Long, Magnum)
005 Lavender (Lulu, Ferrari, Jareth, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, One-Curl Clip, Curly Clip)
008 Royal Blue (Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Curly Clip)
010 Slate Blue (Claudia, Ferrari, Jaguar, Le Tigre Long, Curly Clip)
011 Teal (Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Hairbow, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
013 Light Blonde (Blue Steele, Chibi, Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Hansel, Jareth, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Magnum Long, Turkish Delight, Hairbow, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
015 Dark Copper Red (Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Jareth, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, One-Curl Clip, Curly Clip)
018 Maroon (Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Hansel, Jaguar, Jareth, Jett, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Leia, Turkish Delight, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
023 Dark Purple (Ferrari, Jett, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, One-Curl Clip, Curly Clip)
025 Light Copper Red (Claudia, Ferrari, Jaguar, Jett, Le Tigre Long, Magnum, Magnum Long, Leia, One-Curl Clip, Curly Clip)
027 Ginger Blonde (Blue Steele, Chibi, Lulu, Ferrari, Hansel, Jett, Magnum, Magnum Long, Leia, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
029 Dark Ash Blonde (Magnum)
033 Rose Pink (Blue Steele, Chibi, Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Hairbow, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
043 Light Pink (Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Jaguar, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Leia, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
050 Spanish Brown (Derek, Lulu, Hansel, Jareth, Jett, Le Tigre Short, Magnum. Leia, Turkish Delight, Long Pony Clip)
056 Dark Brown (Derek, Blue Steele, Claudia, Ferrari, Jaguar, Jareth, Jett, Magnum Long, Leia, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
057 Medium Brown (Lulu, Ferrari, Jaguar, Jareth, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Magnum Long, Turkish Delight)
062 Ash Blonde (Derek, Blue Steele, Chibi, Claudia, Ferrari, Hansel, Jaguar, Le Tigre Long, Magnum, Magnum Long, Leia, Hairbow)
063 Silver Grey (Derek, Claudia, Ferrari, Hansel, Jaguar, Jareth, Jett, Le Tigre Long, Magnum, Magnum Long, Turkish Delight, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
064 Black (Cady, Derek, Blue Steele, Chibi, Lulu, Claudia, Ferrari, Hansel, Jaguar, Jareth, Jett, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Magnum Long, Leia, Turkish Delight, Hairbow, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
065 Powder Blue (Cady)
071A Dark Green (Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, One-Curl Clip, Curly Clip)
072A Aqua (Lulu, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short)
072B Periwinkle (Lulu, Le Tigre Long)
073B Midnight Blue (Lulu, Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, One-Curl Clip, Curly Clip)
076 Cherry Red (Lulu, Hansel, Jaguar, Jareth, Jett, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Magnum, Turkish Delight, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
079 Yellow Blonde (Derek)
081 Platinum Blonde (Cady, Derek, Magnum, Hairbow)
084A Emerald Green (Ferrari, Le Tigre Long, Le Tigre Short, Curly Clip)
087 Grey (Lulu, Le Tigre Long, Magnum)
094 Bubblegum (Blue Steele, Chibi, Ferrari, Magnum, Hairbow, One-Curl Clip, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)
104 Mahogany (Magnum)
124 Sandy Brown (Blue Steele, Jaguar)
C3 Ultraviolet (Le Tigre Long)
C4 Lightning Pink (Ferrari)
C24 Seafoam Green (Le Tigre Long)
F13-3 Grape (Ferrari, Le Tigre Long)
F3 Orange Sherbet (Jareth, Jett)
F5 Yellow (Le Tigre Long, Long Pony Clip, Curly Clip)

Color Blends

88/F5 Supernova (Glam)
063/081/010 Nia (Candy Striper)
063/010/011 Blue Danube (Candy Striper)
062/005/002A Purple Rain (Candy Striper)
064/076/018 Red Rose (Candy Striper)
103/081/F15 Sheryl (Candy Striper)

Blend-Exclusive Colors

88 (Supernova)
103 (Sheryl)
F15 (Sheryl)
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda View Post
*edit 2* I THINK I found a picture of Orange Sherbet, but I'm not sure because it's not labeled: one example picture of the Jett. I'm trying to get down which wigs come in what colors in an organized list, and I realized that there wasn't a matching color listed for that, and it's definitely not Light Copper Red, so the most likely candidate is Orange Sherbet.

I pretty sure it's the 076 cherry red. The lighting is a tad different in the photo making it look a bit more saturated then the other image of that wig in that shade.

FanEXPO

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I pretty sure it's the 076 cherry red. The lighting is a tad different in the photo making it look a bit more saturated then the other image of that wig in that shade.
Is it? Damn, probably is.

http://kingdom-arts.org/arda-wigs/jett%20close%20up.jpg
http://kingdom-arts.org/arda-wigs/je...erry%20red.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFGH, then what does it look liiiiiiiike? Dx Hopefully we'll find out with this latest batch of updates... if not, then I might just email Arda asking about the not shown colors, since a friend and I are curious about Yellow Blonde anyway.
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Thanks, Jacaranda! Very helpful list.

Yeah, I hope they come out with some kind of full swatch page sometime. All they have to do is put fiber under a scanner... But it's difficult to order without knowing what you're getting.. :S
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #15
Rejected-Spork
Bad Wolf

I talked to the people at Arda a few months ago and they should be getting the Jareth wig with a lace front soon. c: I'm excited because it will be PERFECT for the cosplay I'm working on.

Next Con; Megacon 2012
Cosplays in Progress; Millia Rage from Guilty Gear - 50%
Harley Quinn from Batman: Arkham Asylum - 10%

Check out Mustache'd Meddlers Cosplay on Facebook! LIKE US! c:
Closed Thread