Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #16
Viveeh
necrocarnival

I have one... In 2009 I wore Zant for the whole con... I was in the dealer's room with my two friends. They had to take care of me because I couldn't see any higher than other people's knees and couldn't walk too fast. At some point they both wandered off somewhere and I couldn't find them! I tried to yell and look around but I couldn't see them. I decided I'd just better stop and stand still till one of them finds me again... After a while that seemed like an eternity they finally came back to me and started blaming each other for not taking care of me. ;_;
Alphie the Demon Boy (OC)
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

I remember coming back into my hotel room during Otakon one year and found one of my roommates full-out having sex on the bed with someone else. The scrambled to try and cover up. But I was disgusted as heck with them. (As were the other roommates who came in with me at the time). So I threw him out on the spot. Gave him literally, 10 minutes to gather his things and leave the room. He started pleading and begging, and I asked him one question: Do you remember what the room rules said about no sex? He said yes. I replied "Then I guess you'll have no problem living out on the street for the rest of the con." I had to get hotel security to remove him from the room. After the con, he admitted to breaking the rules, and apologized. I realized that he did make a stupid mistake, but and he was mature to admit his wrong-doing. Since then, he's been a much better roommate, and now is one of those who strictly enforces room rules. And yes, he and I are still friends.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #18
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
I remember coming back into my hotel room during Otakon one year and found one of my roommates full-out having sex on the bed with someone else. The scrambled to try and cover up. But I was disgusted as heck with them. (As were the other roommates who came in with me at the time). So I threw him out on the spot. Gave him literally, 10 minutes to gather his things and leave the room. He started pleading and begging, and I asked him one question: Do you remember what the room rules said about no sex? He said yes. I replied "Then I guess you'll have no problem living out on the street for the rest of the con." I had to get hotel security to remove him from the room. After the con, he admitted to breaking the rules, and apologized. I realized that he did make a stupid mistake, but and he was mature to admit his wrong-doing. Since then, he's been a much better roommate, and now is one of those who strictly enforces room rules. And yes, he and I are still friends.
Oh god... Now that's a horror story
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #19
Mokmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira*chan View Post
I guess the worst thing that happened to me was last year at Otakuthon (in Montreal, Canada). I basically panicked, and ended up having an emotional meltdown of sorts ;;;;

Also, despite all this, I do want to go back to Otakuthon....just alone next time.
Well, i hope you'll have agreat Otakuthon. It kinda saddens me that your friend can't really appreciate what you do for him...
Mokmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
Rejected-Spork
Bad Wolf

I'ma keep this short and simple. c: Met boyfriend at a convention in 2009, had awesome relationship, complications arose and boyfriend had to move to a different country, boyfriend's identical twin brother still chillin' in the U.S., and whenever I see twin at any convention I go to, I feel like vomiting, become slightly depressed, and spend the rest of the convention avoiding twin at all costs, which in turn negatively effects how much fun I'm having.
BUT I WILL NOT LET THAT RUIN CONVENTIONS FOR ME. I'll just have to get over the inner turmoil I encounter.

Next Con; Megacon 2012
Cosplays in Progress; Millia Rage from Guilty Gear - 50%
Harley Quinn from Batman: Arkham Asylum - 10%

Check out Mustache'd Meddlers Cosplay on Facebook! LIKE US! c:
Rejected-Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #21
cupofjasmine
felidaepounce

I don't think my story is very terrifying, but it definitely did freak me out and gave me the O_O; face.
I was at Nekocon walking around with a mini sign that said " FREE HUGS!!!" and I put it away in my bag since my arms were getting tired. After that my friends and I took a break and while we were talking, some smelly guy literally came up right behind me, put his arms diagonally across the front of me and said "mmmm, i'll give you a free hug" in a really creepy voice. >.>
cupofjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #22
ShortStuff
Videogame Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupofjasmine View Post
I don't think my story is very terrifying, but it definitely did freak me out and gave me the O_O; face.
I was at Nekocon walking around with a mini sign that said " FREE HUGS!!!" and I put it away in my bag since my arms were getting tired. After that my friends and I took a break and while we were talking, some smelly guy literally came up right behind me, put his arms diagonally across the front of me and said "mmmm, i'll give you a free hug" in a really creepy voice. >.>
...The fact that he hugged you after you put away the sign is REALLY scary. XD

Anime North
Otakuthon
FanExpo
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
dalbkino

@technowrath - that's awful! I'm glad he apologized.
@cupofjasmine - wow that's creepy... what'd you do after he hugged you?

Not so much a horror story as just creepy.

At Nan Desu Kan 2010 my friend, little sis, and I had gone outside because my sis needed a smoke. It was about 3 am so there wasn't anyone else from the con wandering around outside. We were talking about the awesome stuff we'd seen that day when suddenly this guy appeared behind us. He smelled horrible and started to talk to us (it soon became apparent that he was drunk) he kept swaying even though he was just standing there.
When he first starting talking to us he stuck out his hand toward us and said his name and my friend and I just stared at it. My sis started laughing at us because she understood that the guy wanted to shake our hands. (his manner was so completely off that we'd misunderstood)
Well, he was completely lost and drunk so we called him a cab and while he waited for it he kept trying to hit on us and physically touch us. Ugh. Finally the cab came and as he got in he purposely mooned us. Gross! Then we went back into the hotel.

Now we just laugh about it, but at the time it kinda freaked us out...
Dalek strategist from Doctor Who

Last edited by dalbkino : 01-20-2011 at 09:07 PM.
dalbkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 01:02 AM   #24
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I got hopelessly lost at otakon this year. It was scary
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
cratackattack
slow motion jump attack!

When I was at Sugoicon 09, I was going down to the rave with my friend, and my other friends were going to bed. I told them that i needed a room key to get back in because they'd be asleep, so i got one. On the way down to the rave we ran into my chaparonne (mom of sleeping friend) and told her we were going down to the rave. And at the time, she seemed fine with this. about an hour later, my friend was bringing me back to my room, and when we were turning into my hallway, my chapparone confronted us and started yelling. She said she had security go through the rave looking for us with flashlights and everything. She told me My friends had locked the room door, so i might not have a place to sleep. I was so confused, because she said she was fine with us going to the rave and everything an hour earlier, but now she was screaming at us for it. D: when she left she slammed the door to our hallway and I just kind of stood there looking at my friend with horror, and we were both like "..what??" so then i had to bang obnoxiously loud on my friends door to get them to wake up because they had locked the room. She even texted me saying "GTFO we are sleeping" and i was like, "wtf?? i need in, you guys locked the room!" so eventually she opened the door, and i told her how her mom exploded at us, and she apologized. But it was really scarry as it was happening... And i had met some cool people at the rave that i wanted to go back and hang out with, but after that experience i wasn't leaving the room at all. D:
cratackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
Technowraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratackattack View Post
When I was at Sugoicon 09, I was going down to the rave with my friend, and my other friends were going to bed. I told them that i needed a room key to get back in because they'd be asleep, so i got one. On the way down to the rave we ran into my chaparonne (mom of sleeping friend) and told her we were going down to the rave. And at the time, she seemed fine with this. about an hour later, my friend was bringing me back to my room, and when we were turning into my hallway, my chapparone confronted us and started yelling. She said she had security go through the rave looking for us with flashlights and everything. She told me My friends had locked the room door, so i might not have a place to sleep. I was so confused, because she said she was fine with us going to the rave and everything an hour earlier, but now she was screaming at us for it. D: when she left she slammed the door to our hallway and I just kind of stood there looking at my friend with horror, and we were both like "..what??" so then i had to bang obnoxiously loud on my friends door to get them to wake up because they had locked the room. She even texted me saying "GTFO we are sleeping" and i was like, "wtf?? i need in, you guys locked the room!" so eventually she opened the door, and i told her how her mom exploded at us, and she apologized. But it was really scarry as it was happening... And i had met some cool people at the rave that i wanted to go back and hang out with, but after that experience i wasn't leaving the room at all. D:
Didn't you have a room key? If you did, all you had to so was open the door. Generally, if i go out to a late night event, I always get a key card from someone. Always. It avoids the whole issue of getting locked out. If I know someone from the room who is going with me to late night events, i will coordinate with him or her to get back in or get a key card.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #27
cratackattack
slow motion jump attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
Didn't you have a room key? If you did, all you had to so was open the door. Generally, if i go out to a late night event, I always get a key card from someone. Always. It avoids the whole issue of getting locked out. If I know someone from the room who is going with me to late night events, i will coordinate with him or her to get back in or get a key card.
I did have a room key, but somehow they were able to use the manual lock and i wasn't able to get in. D:
cratackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #28
Technowraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratackattack View Post
I did have a room key, but somehow they were able to use the manual lock and i wasn't able to get in. D:
Duh... the manual dead bolt. LoL. That does suck. In my rooms, we never use the dead bolt unless everyone is in the room. It's more or less a courtesy thing than anything. It's more due to the fact that with all of us coming in at varying times, those who are asleep won't be disturbed as much if they just leave the dead bolt open, and hand out the key cards to those who are out late at night. Everyone can get back in as needed.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #29
XChaotixX
Sane Fangirl

Me, my mom and my sister were eating at a California Tortilla across the street from Otakon 2010. I'm not really sure why, but these 2 guys (not con goers, just some random guys) started cursing and yelling at each other. The employees kicked them out, but they were starting to attack each other. I was pretty scared, since I wasn't sure if one of them could pull out a gun and start shooting. Thankfully, the police showed up before anything else could happen. I know it's not much compared to a lot of the other ones here, but I was still pretty scared.
XChaotixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #30
danielvutran
prinny dood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroi_shi View Post
A friend of mine with a serious nut allergy had a bad reaction and went into anaphylictic shock when some kid sneezed in her direction after eating something with nuts in it..
This happened about 15 minutes after she got her ticket to the con.. They had to shut down the dealers room for half an hour to make room for the paramedics to get her onto a stretcher and into an ambulance.. She spent the rest of the weekend in the hospital and missed the con.

As for my horror story..
This happened at Fanexpo about 4 years ago.. All my friends, and my boyfriend, bailed on me and cancelled at the last minute, so I went by myself. I was dressed as Tifa from FF Advent Children, and as I was walking back to my hotel room, this random guy in the hotel lobby started talking to me. I don't know if he was at the con or not..
This guy started hitting on me, and asked me to go to the bar with him. I politely declined, and tried to walk away. He grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me leave.. he kept telling me that he thought my hair was pretty, and that he'd love to take me to his room with him.. I was really freaked out. When I tried to get back to my hotel room again, the guy grabbed me by the hair and pulled me back.
Almost immediately after that, this girl who I had never met before (Who was clearly at the con because she was in costume) ran up to me and pretended to be my friend who had been "looking for me everywhere".. I think she must have seen that I was not in a good situation, and did what she could help.. But, it worked, because the guy said something about having to be somewhere, and he left.
We both went together to report him to the hotel management.
I ended up hanging out with her for the rest of the con..
I'm still really thankful for what she did.. If I had seen someone in that situation, I don't think I would have had the guts to help.
I still talk to her online.. I haven't seen her in person in almost 2 years though, because I haven't been to Fanexpo in a while. (And certainly I haven't gone alone again)
Jesus Christ that would be ****ing scary.. really glad someone came to help though. And you made a good new friend / someone to spend the rest of your con time with :<.