Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #61
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

Me and my friends decided to attend a late night movie panel and our hotel was right down the road from the convention, far enough away to drive. And I, on total accident, left my lights on and my battery died, to make it even worse I forgot to put jumper cables in my car and we had to go around asking people if they had any and no one did. I was freaking out cause the last thing I wanted to do was tell my parents because this was my first away convention by myself. Thankfully we found a very nice convention maintenance man who had jumper cables and helped us out.
Now I always check my lights and that I have jumper cables.
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #62
YuukiDesu
Epicness

This year at Comic Con, this old guy in a wheelchair started hitting on me. It was really scary. T_T But, thankfully, my dad was there to save me.
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #63
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

At the last convention I went to a girl wearing a white ball gown was glomped by a Homestuck cosplayer wearing the full body gray make-up. The make-up wasn't the highest quality so practically all of it rubbed off on to the ball gown. What's worse is that it happened about five minutes before the masquerade. She was in tears...I would have been, too.
Unread 11-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #64
Shiva Edge
mata aeru no ka

In cosplay, a congoer asked me for a hug, to which I usually oblige. But this particular person decided to go further and started kissing my face. People these days...
Shiva Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #65
C-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddeltk View Post
At the last convention I went to a girl wearing a white ball gown was glomped by a Homestuck cosplayer wearing the full body gray make-up. The make-up wasn't the highest quality so practically all of it rubbed off on to the ball gown. What's worse is that it happened about five minutes before the masquerade. She was in tears...I would have been, too.
oh my god poor girl that's absolutely horrible ><

Clear -DRAMAtical Murder
Christmas town Sora- Kingdom Hearts
Nagisa Sailor outfit -Free! iwatobi swim club
Valerie- Pokemon X and Y
C-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #66
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

mmm.. *^*

Last year was my 4th consecutive time at Anime Boston, and probably my most memorable.
It was when I debuted my Anarchy Stocking cosplay, and I was feeling awesome and cute and just walking on air. My day was full of fun and photos and it was an amazing con experience with my older friend, Brit.
After the masquerade Brit and I were really tired and ready to go home. Everyone who lives in Mass or has gone to Anime Boston knows that the convention center is connected/inside to the Prudential Center, which is basically a huge mall I guess.

Brit and I had just left the main convention center, but there were still cosplayers wandering in the area along with some shoppers/locals. Brit and I made our way to the parking garage, but she was trying to figure out which was the fasted way to get to our car so she was looking at the maps. She was probably 10 feet ahead of me, give or take.

Next thing I know a very tall man looms over me. I remember he was wearing a wool jacket with a scarf and had brown hair that was somewhat receding. He got very close to me, a bit too close for comfort I'd say, especially since I had just turned 15 at the time. His voice was quiet, or maybe he was just trying to keep it down so no one could hear. Creep must've thought I was alone.
He asked me where i lived and I politely responded "more than 4 hours from here" (which wasn't true). And then his next question was very straightforward and shocking. He got very close to me and basically breathed "Do you want to be in a movie?" down my neck. I said "oh no thank you" and started to walk away but it was then that he had put his hand on my arm and said "Are you sure? We need a star. You could be famous." then I quickly called for Brit, who turned around and exclaimed "What the F*$^?!"

That's when the creep kind of ran away. Brit being Brit went after him but con-goers had begun to overflow the area since the masquerade was over and people wanted to go home. We couldn't find him, so we went to the Prudential security and gave them a description of the man and we searched around for a bit. At this point I was hysterical and I just wanted to go home, so after about 10 minutes we left security to finally get to our car.

It's definitely one of the scariest things that has happened to me in my lifetime. I'm so grateful to Brit because if she wasn't there I probably would've been abducted that day.
But even though I went through this incident, I'm still going to Anime Boston this year, because you just can't keep me away :>.

TL;DR, Some creep wanted me to be in his 'movie' which I don't have a doubt in my mind was going to be an inappropriate film, with the way he was acting and dressed.

Sorry for such a long post.

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #67
usuyukisou

@J-Mirakuru - I am really, really glad you didn't fall for it. At best, he was going to bilk you out of thousands of dollars in upfront fees. At worst... well, human trafficking is still alive and kicking.

@riddeltk - Oh, that is quite awful! Some people really have no decency...
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #68
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

@J-Mirakuru-Holy crap, that sounds so frightening. I don't know what I would do if I was in that situation. Thank goodness your friend was there.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #69
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
mmm.. *^*

Last year was my 4th consecutive time at Anime Boston, and probably my most memorable.
It was when I debuted my Anarchy Stocking cosplay, and I was feeling awesome and cute and just walking on air. My day was full of fun and photos and it was an amazing con experience with my older friend, Brit.
After the masquerade Brit and I were really tired and ready to go home. Everyone who lives in Mass or has gone to Anime Boston knows that the convention center is connected/inside to the Prudential Center, which is basically a huge mall I guess.

Brit and I had just left the main convention center, but there were still cosplayers wandering in the area along with some shoppers/locals. Brit and I made our way to the parking garage, but she was trying to figure out which was the fasted way to get to our car so she was looking at the maps. She was probably 10 feet ahead of me, give or take.

Next thing I know a very tall man looms over me. I remember he was wearing a wool jacket with a scarf and had brown hair that was somewhat receding. He got very close to me, a bit too close for comfort I'd say, especially since I had just turned 15 at the time. His voice was quiet, or maybe he was just trying to keep it down so no one could hear. Creep must've thought I was alone.
He asked me where i lived and I politely responded "more than 4 hours from here" (which wasn't true). And then his next question was very straightforward and shocking. He got very close to me and basically breathed "Do you want to be in a movie?" down my neck. I said "oh no thank you" and started to walk away but it was then that he had put his hand on my arm and said "Are you sure? We need a star. You could be famous." then I quickly called for Brit, who turned around and exclaimed "What the F*$^?!"

That's when the creep kind of ran away. Brit being Brit went after him but con-goers had begun to overflow the area since the masquerade was over and people wanted to go home. We couldn't find him, so we went to the Prudential security and gave them a description of the man and we searched around for a bit. At this point I was hysterical and I just wanted to go home, so after about 10 minutes we left security to finally get to our car.

It's definitely one of the scariest things that has happened to me in my lifetime. I'm so grateful to Brit because if she wasn't there I probably would've been abducted that day.
But even though I went through this incident, I'm still going to Anime Boston this year, because you just can't keep me away :>.

TL;DR, Some creep wanted me to be in his 'movie' which I don't have a doubt in my mind was going to be an inappropriate film, with the way he was acting and dressed.

So, so glad you didn't fall for it or say yes! Stranger danger! D:

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay: Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%
2015 Cosplay: Poochyena Gijinka [Pokémon] - 5%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #70
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

I'm glad I had common knowledge to not fall for it as I know many younger cosplayers often fall victim to situations like that one. It was an upsetting experience but I'm happy I can tell it so other young cosplayers like myself can maybe learn from my story :>

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #71
MrParadox
Friend or Foe

At AnimeNEXT 2012, it was the first time since the con moved in 2009 that I got a hotel due to the fact that I moved from Somerset to Flemington. A friend of mine has allowed me to join his group to sleep since I usually drift on my own and only go to hotels to rest. The group was divided up into two rooms, a party room and a chillout room. Unfortunately, I got the party room and around 2:00 AM on Friday/Saturday, I was getting a little tired and decided to go to the hotel room. The people were loud until an hour later and when everyone finally went to sleep, some guy who was drunk was stroking it and was literally saying what he was doing many times to everyone in the room. I told my friend about it and he allowed me to stay at the other room for the next night but this year, I am looking for completely different roommates (which won't be a problem since I know someone I'm close with who is getting a room and I told him I would join).
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #72
Holygamer99

Quote:
mmm.. *^*

Creepy as f***. Good thing you weren't alone. I myself am going to Anime Boston for my first time this year, but with a couple of buddies.

As for me, I don't have any scary con experiences yet (as said before, AB will be my first), though I have scared other people while dressed as slenderman as a prank.

Last edited by Holygamer99 : 01-26-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Holygamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #73
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I'm glad I had common knowledge to not fall for it as I know many younger cosplayers often fall victim to situations like that one. It was an upsetting experience but I'm happy I can tell it so other young cosplayers like myself can maybe learn from my story :>
Just shout Shelby three times next time, I shall appear magically and beat the offender with a bat.... >=I fuckin creeps in my cons.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #74
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

My horror story is rather simplistic, even silly, compared to others, but it was my first horror story. It happened at my last con just a week ago.

I'm dressed up as Rarity, and Rarity's wig is long and worn loosely. While I'm upstairs, I find a bench, take out my comb and start brushing through my wig to get all the kinks out. As I'm finished, I head off to a panel downstairs, and upon it's conclusion, and search through my bag and... my phone's not there. I start freaking out, thinking, when was the last time I had my phone? It hadn't been lost long, as I'd been checking it throughout the day to hear from my friends. Well, I didn't find my friends that day. I was alone all of that day. Luckily, one of the tables was sympathetic to my cause and pretty much put out a BOLO for my phone. The next three hours were pretty terrible and put such a damper on my day. Then I checked in on the lost and found, having lost all hope (in fact, I already used the hotel phone to alert my parents that I'd lost my hone)... and after a lecture from a con staffer about how "iphones are OUR lives. Repeat after me! Say it!" I was given my phone back.

So in the end, everything was fine. The next day, I even met the people who turned my phone in and I hugged them. I really thought I wasn't going to see it again.
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #75
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
My horror story is rather simplistic, even silly, compared to others, but it was my first horror story. It happened at my last con just a week ago.

I'm dressed up as Rarity, and Rarity's wig is long and worn loosely. While I'm upstairs, I find a bench, take out my comb and start brushing through my wig to get all the kinks out. As I'm finished, I head off to a panel downstairs, and upon it's conclusion, and search through my bag and... my phone's not there. I start freaking out, thinking, when was the last time I had my phone? It hadn't been lost long, as I'd been checking it throughout the day to hear from my friends. Well, I didn't find my friends that day. I was alone all of that day. Luckily, one of the tables was sympathetic to my cause and pretty much put out a BOLO for my phone. The next three hours were pretty terrible and put such a damper on my day. Then I checked in on the lost and found, having lost all hope (in fact, I already used the hotel phone to alert my parents that I'd lost my hone)... and after a lecture from a con staffer about how "iphones are OUR lives. Repeat after me! Say it!" I was given my phone back.

So in the end, everything was fine. The next day, I even met the people who turned my phone in and I hugged them. I really thought I wasn't going to see it again.
They lectured you? I'd friggin report them. They're not there to lecture and act like a parent they're there to help and offer help. A phone is an object, sometimes they get lost, he should be fired for being a dick.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote