Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

Not the proudest moment in your life? XD

I have like....2

So my uncle Aaron was visiting from Boston and we were having dessert and him and Aunty Barbie (Her real name is elizabeth but she looks like a barbie) were being silly and making everyone laugh. Uncle Aaron said something really pervertedly funny and made me laugh, well while i was eating dessert (Cheesecake) I inhaled the crust part on accident and choked. So for about a week after his visit i was having this major issue breathing and my school nurse forced me home and made my mom take me to the hospital. So we go and i'm in there all night, i'm telling the doctors everyone and getting into arguments with a doctor who was trying to say i had asthma. So i'm in the emergency room from 11 pm to about 4 am the next day arguing and coughing, and getting check ups before i get an xray. This xray showed the actual cheesecake crumbs just chillen like villains in the lower chamber of my right lung. I spent three days in the hospital, i wasn't allowed to eat till the 2nd day, i had to use an oxygen tank, did nebulizers, got stuff pumped into my i.v and get a camera shoved down my nose @.@. All this because of cheesecake and my uncle being a dork......

And the 2nd not so proud moment was from my first con in which most videos i found were of mostly me....dancing....on stage....while everyone cheered 'TOBI! TOBI! WHOO! I LOVE YOU TOBI!!' most in which were girls who some how managed to believe i was an adorable, young, pudgy emo boy @.@
Stocking (Anarchy)
Raichu (Human form for a skit)
Lady Rainicorn (Human Form)
CosplayCinema is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Archangelz
Accio burrito!

Mine was pretty bad. I was a wide receiver for the '96 Bears. It was a hard fought season and the Super Bowl was before us. Like soldiers on the battlefield, we took to our task full of piss and vinager. We were ready to crush our opponents, the Florida Marlins, under our cleats. Bruised, bloody, and weary, it was the fourth quarter of the game when it came time to nut up or shut up. The play, the annexation of Puerto Rico, was our ace in the hole. I was to run up the right side, slip left past the bowler, and serpentine up the field to take a long toss after our quarterback did a tricky hand off jumble rumba behind the goalie. The ref dropped the ball and it was on. I juked, I jived, and then to my extreme horror I slipped on a banana peel and fell right on my pads. The play was a bust and it cost us the trophy that season. I was released as a free agent the next year and no one wanted to pick me up. A receiver who can't finish a simple play isn't worth his salt...

www.nerdangel.com

Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay
Archangelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #3
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

Some how....that seems more like you were just...bsing.... .-. now i feel like you think i'm bsing about the cheesecake...cause for some reason no one believes me about it...
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
Archangelz
Accio burrito!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayCinema View Post
I have like....2

So my uncle Aaron was visiting from Boston and we were having dessert and him and Aunty Barbie (Her real name is elizabeth but she looks like a barbie) were being silly and making everyone laugh. Uncle Aaron said something really pervertedly funny and made me laugh, well while i was eating dessert (Cheesecake) I inhaled the crust part on accident and choked. So for about a week after his visit i was having this major issue breathing and my school nurse forced me home and made my mom take me to the hospital. So we go and i'm in there all night, i'm telling the doctors everyone and getting into arguments with a doctor who was trying to say i had asthma. So i'm in the emergency room from 11 pm to about 4 am the next day arguing and coughing, and getting check ups before i get an xray. This xray showed the actual cheesecake crumbs just chillen like villains in the lower chamber of my right lung. I spent three days in the hospital, i wasn't allowed to eat till the 2nd day, i had to use an oxygen tank, did nebulizers, got stuff pumped into my i.v and get a camera shoved down my nose @.@. All this because of cheesecake and my uncle being a dork......

And the 2nd not so proud moment was from my first con in which most videos i found were of mostly me....dancing....on stage....while everyone cheered 'TOBI! TOBI! WHOO! I LOVE YOU TOBI!!' most in which were girls who some how managed to believe i was an adorable, young, pudgy emo boy @.@
Too long, didn't read. You question my tales of glory!?!?!?! Don't. Ever.

www.nerdangel.com

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

a banana in a super bowl stadium field...........not believeable at all..... and really....'96....that would make you like...my mom's age or something.....and i don't remember anything about the Marlins or the Bears being in the super bowl in '96....i am a football fan....
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #6
Archangelz
Accio burrito!

Quote:
a banana in a super bowl stadium field...........not believeable at all..... and really....'96....that would make you like...my mom's age or something.....and i don't remember anything about the Marlins or the Bears being in the super bowl in '96....i am a football fan....
Over your head joke is over your head!

Sorry love, you're just not getting it. Here's another clue: I'm 26 years old.

www.nerdangel.com

Unread 01-15-2011, 03:51 AM   #7
Origin
Just A Work In Progress.

My most unglorious moment? Oddly enough, in a convention.

Dancing with my boyfriend at the Masquerade waltz (thank GOD for masks) and I am a terrible dancer, he's still trying to get me into classical dance lessons with him. Well I ever so gracefully step back at the wrong moment, heel goes into nearby girl's dress, IIIIIII <- (heavy emphasis on the I) fall over (not the girl who suddenly got a heel into her dress...) dragging my boyfriend, poor heel-marked-dress girl, her dance partner and a nearby passer by carrying two small cups of water. Entire room turns to stare. I apologize to the girl and try to leave gracefully and trip over a chair. -_- Fml.

They Will See... We'll Fight Until Eternity...
Come With Me, We'll Stand And Fight...
Together.
Through Our Strength We'll Make A Better Day Tomorrow...
We Shall Never Surrender.

Sakuracon '14~ Redeemed Riven= League of Legends
Secret Cosplay= Attack on Titan
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 04:11 AM   #8
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Quote:
All this because of cheesecake and my uncle being a dork.....
You made my morning =)
Sorry it happened though...

*** Edit: Now I feel bad for not contributing. I'm uber sick so this is all that came to mind.

I used to swim competitively. Every summer I would join a summer swim team, and w/ summer swim teams it was all about the shenanigans w/ some club teams frown upon (well, at least during practice).

My team was warming up and our coaches call us out to do sprints. So I get up, climb on the diving platform (not the bouncy ones), I bend down and get ready for my start. My team mate dashes behind me and gives me a suit wedgie. Now, mind you depending on the position of the pool... you could have spectators on the sides or by the start depending.

I pretty much mooned my entire team and half of the spectators/officials. And cause I didn't want to get in trouble (or pick the wedgie out). I swam the length of the pool and mooned the rest of the spectators.

Last edited by koi-ishly : 01-15-2011 at 04:23 AM.
koi-ishly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 04:11 AM   #9
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

The day I went to school without pants on... I was running late for finals and I did for three over nighters in a row...so I wasn't thinking very logically? I passed the final, but my friends never let me live that down... At least I was wearing boxers, and not my usual lacy undies (Due to no money for laundry) I also told my mother, the person who drove me to my final that day, to mention something if I'm missing something important like pants...

I'd admit this seems rather funny now but it wasn't then. I was swearing like a sailor at my stupidity and about how cold it is in winter time. There was also random laughter and my professor barely let me take my exam dressed like that. (Sweater, boxers, shoes and mismatched socks)
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

XD Glad to see that everyone isn't embarressed to say, i know i was the first like....two weeks

'why were you gone most of last week?!' 'cause i um....uh....you see.....i got cheese cake in my lung....' 'oh man cheese cake? we tell you to stop inhaling your food'

at one point i was called cheese cake shorteh @.@ for like a month...
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:19 AM   #11
TARDISTimeLord
Totes... mmmmmmmmm

I have a couple, but I'll tell only three.
I'm in Color Guard, right? Girls/Guys with flags and rifles and sabers. Right?
Last year, I was on the 50 in one of our movements where it was all slow and beautiful and we had these gorgeous blue swing flags in both of our hands. Bear with me while I try to describe what happened.
It was Championships, I was on the 50. It was our big flag feature with everybody right in front and I was smiling like nobodies business. Anyways, we had this move where we lean to the side on our tip toe while putting our left foot to our knee. (A posse, for people who know dance) Anyways, I was smiling largely, we did this, my foot got caught on my pant leg when I tried to put it down. I fell, and time went all slo-mo like I was in a movie or something, and I just looked at my coach's face as I fell. Well, I immediately got up and no one suspected a thing. Afterwards, my Coach said 'I think somebody fell, but I didn't really notice.' Next week, class time, with the Drum Line who hated us, we watched the video, and everyone pointed out my fall and laughed and played it over about 4 times. I still can't live it down, because every time I'm on the 50/near the front, my coach and everyone else says 'Now don't fall!'

This one is morbid.
This year in Color Guard, we were learning a new toss. We were going strong with 11 members, with 2 of them boys. We were in a very close space, because our school is stupid and doesn't give us ample practice space 'cause the hate up. Anyways, my friend went to do the toss (we all did) and it went flying into this boy's nose. Everyone started freaking out when it started bleeding profusely. Whilst this was going on, all I could think about was 'His blood is really healthy.' and 'That's a beautiful shade of red.' Everyone scolded me for not showing emotions.
I guess the second really didn't fit, but I'm not going to delete it.

In 4th grade, my dad tried to convince me to stay home, but I had a really important math test to take that day, so I had to go to school. All I remember from that day, besides feeling extremely sick, is finally getting that important test, looking at the paper ruler on the top of it, and throwing up all over the place... I don't even remember if I got to retake it.
Going as: UnderTaker (0%-2011), Arcanine (0%-2011maybe), Umbreon (Shiny.maybe0%-2011), Doris Lang (0%-2012), Axel (90%-2010.2011.2012maybe), Seras (20%-2012), Endrance (0%-2012), Jesse (0%-2012), Hikaru Hitachiin (20%and Casual)
Oh, yeah, I'm the most productive person on the face of the planet.
˙pooƃ əɹɐ sɐuɐuɐq 'sɐuɐuɐq əʞıl ı

Last edited by TARDISTimeLord : 01-16-2011 at 02:38 AM.
TARDISTimeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

The cheesecake thing so scared me cause I accidentally inhaled a piece of macaroni tonight but I've been swallowing foods I ate after fine. o.o

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #13
bodatheyoda
Thats right, love me

loooong story so I'll give the short version: (btw this story contains vomit)

I woke up feeling blah but we have Christmas shopping to do. I ate lunch and went with my mom and my cousin to a flea market where they had this thing my mom wanted. we park the car and start walking towards one of the entrances and it hits me...I have to throw up.

I go to a garbage can thankful I got there in time, only to find that it has a lid with holes in the side. I shoot one vomit volley trying to make it in and half of it misses, so I give up on that and just do it on the ground. I take my hat off so it doesn't fall off my head into my...pool.

I'm throwing up non stop and my mom runs away to find a way to clean it up or something. All the while people are almost bumping into me while I am throwing up. finally I stop and I kid you not I threw up for 5 full minutes. My mom shows back up holding a handful of napkins and says: "I don't think these will work."

I say: "Look I took my hat off so it wouldn't fall in!" Gust of wind proceeds to blow my hat onto the ground into my...stuff. We say screw it and run to where the thing is for mom get it and start to leave. My mom then decides we need to at least pick the hat up. I tell her I'm not doing it and if she really is that dead set on it she has to do it. We pass the place up and she goes over to pick the hat up from the middles of my gift I left for everyone. But she couldn't because, since it was the weekend before Christmas and only about 15 degrees outside...it was frozen to the vomit.

I spent the rest of the day a quivering pile of worthlessness...it was terrible lol

My photography page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tk8919Photography
My DA: http://bodatheyoda.deviantart.com/

http://www.501st.com
bodatheyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
Nikomarete
Your argument is invalid.

The Friday before Labor Day Weekend last semester, I was on my merry way on the bus to my last class of the day before a glorious 3 day weekend. Well, somehow I managed to pretty much faceplant fall off the bus during my exit, and sprained my ankle pretty damn bad just to make things that much worse. Nobody even tried to help me up and the only person to ask if I was okay was the bus driver from within the bus. T_T

I tried to play it cool and be like "^__^ I'm alright!.. -teary eyes-" because it hurt like a MOTHER... but I didn't want to be a baby. Sooo, unaware of how bad I actually had hurt myself, I walked the remaining 2 blocks to the class building and took the 2 flights of stairs up to where the classroom was as I didn't know where the elevator was.

My lovely friend Jayce got to class wondering why I looked like I was going to burst into tears at any moment and bought a can of Coke to use as a makeshift ice pack for my ankle that had swollen up like a balloon while I sat through German class, not paying attention to a word my professor said because I was in so much pain simply from sitting there. Dx

Needless to say, I spent my night in the ER getting x-rays to make sure it wasn't broken (it wasn't, just damn near it), embarrassed to be in the ER merely for a sprained ankle, high and nauseous on painkillers because I couldn't walk without bursting into tears (Note: I have a very high pain tolerance), while stumbling around on crutches. First time ever with crutches. SUCKED.

Spent the 3-day weekend in bed with my ankle on ice, proceeded to go to class on crutches for 2 weeks while continuously icing my ankle, and almost half a year later, my ankle STILL isn't healed yet. Yes, I fucked it up that badly.

ALL BECAUSE I FELL OFF A BUS. (Such a long story to explain why it sucked, I know. HUGE GREEN WALL OF TEXT. xD) I felt like such a retard. Dignity, not intact any longer.

Facebook <3

Upcoming Cons
CoreCon, April 15th-17th
Tokyo in Tulsa, July 15th-17th (?)
ValleyCon, October 21-23rd
Current Cosplay Project
Charlotte Baskerville of Pandora Hearts - 20%
Nikomarete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

i have what i like to call "foot-in-mouth" syndrome. i'd have a harder time telling about the days i don't publicly embarrass myself

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote