Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Magesticbrat01

Talking Places near Sakura Con Seattle

Suggestions, thoughts, opinions...Preferably places with in walking distance of the Washington Trade and Convention Center.
Magesticbrat01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Places... Eating places? Lodging? Karaoke place? What are you looking for, specifically?
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Origin
Just A Work In Progress.

There is a really lovely spot just outside the connection between the Convention Center and the Hilton Hotel. If you take the back entrance there is a really lovely garden area (you can get excellent pictures there if your photographing Feudal Age or ninjas) and then a little further from that is a water feature with varying levels and all stone. I'm not a photographer or I'd suggest more places, these just happen to be two places I took pictures of friends at.

They Will See... We'll Fight Until Eternity.
Come With Me, We'll Stand And Fight...
Together.
Through Our Strength, We'll Make A Better Day Tomorrow.
We Shall Never Surrender.

Sakuracon 2015-
Princess Zelda~ Hyrule Warriors
Nai~ Karneval (Sheep Artwork Version and Festival Suit Artwork)
Shiro~ No Game No Life
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Magesticbrat01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Places... Eating places? Lodging? Karaoke place? What are you looking for, specifically?
Oh Gosh, I'm sorry, I was referring to places to take great pictures.
Unread 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
DaemonForce
Unhealed

I am so stupid when it comes to finding good places to eat but Seattle is still my territory. Visiting twice a year is no excuse for my ignorance and I'll do my best to spoil my crew at the good places at this upcoming Sakuracon.

The Convention Center is 8th & Pike right?

Juice It
Ste 16, 725 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101-2361
Start your day here. Warning: Inexpensive and impressive.

La Creperie Voila
707 Pike Street kiosk, Seattle, WA 98101

Pallino Pastaria
610 East Union Street, Seattle, WA 98122
Zomg ASP.NET based survey and coupon! Weeee!
Warning: Mind the time.

Blue C Sushi
1510 7th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101

The Cheesecake Factory
700 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98109-2311

This one is a bit out of the way and somehow managed to get my attention:
Japanese Restaurant Izakaya Wann
2020 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121

I know there are much nicer places but they're not as fun. :/

For me the food and pictures sort of run together. It's good to be a little away from Pike's Place. Public photos are always a little more interesting during Seattle events anyway.
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Hare Hare Yukai (Non-Lead) - 35%
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Seconding Origin's suggestion! If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's called Two Union Square, the entrance is next to Ann Taylor Loft. It's a plaza/garden with stone/concrete stairs, a large running water fountain and a reasonable amount of greenery.

On this map, it's the asterisk between the red star and the location marked with a C.

... I once mapped an extensive part of downtown Seattle to locate all eateries and ran across this plaza.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Magesticbrat01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonForce View Post
I am so stupid when it comes to finding good places to eat but Seattle is still my territory. Visiting twice a year is no excuse for my ignorance and I'll do my best to spoil my crew at the good places at this upcoming Sakuracon.

The Convention Center is 8th & Pike right?

Juice It
Ste 16, 725 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101-2361
Start your day here. Warning: Inexpensive and impressive.

La Creperie Voila
707 Pike Street kiosk, Seattle, WA 98101

Pallino Pastaria
610 East Union Street, Seattle, WA 98122
Zomg ASP.NET based survey and coupon! Weeee!
Warning: Mind the time.

Blue C Sushi
1510 7th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101

The Cheesecake Factory
700 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98109-2311

This one is a bit out of the way and somehow managed to get my attention:
Japanese Restaurant Izakaya Wann
2020 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121

I know there are much nicer places but they're not as fun. :/

For me the food and pictures sort of run together. It's good to be a little away from Pike's Place. Public photos are always a little more interesting during Seattle events anyway.
I know of great places to eat, but thank you. My questions was where to find good places to take pictures.
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
Magesticbrat01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Seconding Origin's suggestion! If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's called Two Union Square, the entrance is next to Ann Taylor Loft. It's a plaza/garden with stone/concrete stairs, a large running water fountain and a reasonable amount of greenery.

On this map, it's the asterisk between the red star and the location marked with a C.

... I once mapped an extensive part of downtown Seattle to locate all eateries and ran across this plaza.
I will look into this, thanks for the tip! ^.^
Unread 01-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Origin
Just A Work In Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post

YUS! Thank you. I could NOT remember what shop was there!!!

They Will See... We'll Fight Until Eternity.
Come With Me, We'll Stand And Fight...
Together.
Through Our Strength, We'll Make A Better Day Tomorrow.
We Shall Never Surrender.

Sakuracon 2015-
Princess Zelda~ Hyrule Warriors
Nai~ Karneval (Sheep Artwork Version and Festival Suit Artwork)
Shiro~ No Game No Life
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Clyde_2.0
Wakka Wakka Wakka...

What sort of background do you want? Do you want grunge, a place with nice foliage, an open meadow, a view of the Sound, a cheerful alleyway. The Seattle Public Library has got some really nifty art/background stuffs... It's not terribly close, but it's not too far to walk either, and it'd be great for space-y/modern themes.

But I'd also suggest just going out and looking around. You will find the best little nooks/alleyways/walls/public art that will work for any type of costume theme you have going on. Keep a sharp eye out and you'll find more locations than you need. ^_^
Clyde_2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
Magesticbrat01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde_2.0 View Post
What sort of background do you want? Do you want grunge, a place with nice foliage, an open meadow, a view of the Sound, a cheerful alleyway. The Seattle Public Library has got some really nifty art/background stuffs... It's not terribly close, but it's not too far to walk either, and it'd be great for space-y/modern themes.

But I'd also suggest just going out and looking around. You will find the best little nooks/alleyways/walls/public art that will work for any type of costume theme you have going on. Keep a sharp eye out and you'll find more locations than you need. ^_^
I'm looking for a softer place. Maybe something with meadow/flowers, or a stone pathway. I was thinking about next to the Pike there's a small grass field, with pick-nick benches. Down below there's the waterfront walk where the ye old shoppe is. I'm afraid of ruining my costume though, getting it dirty, or risk of having it stepped on, ripped, or spilled on. I know there's a fountain down there too.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

If you walk down the waterfront a ways (to the right, away from the aquarium), there is a nice fountainy area. Further on there's the sculpture park and I think I saw a small conservatory or something like that in the same area. Past that is a nice park with cool access to the water via some boulders. Around the same area is access to a couple little semi-circular beaches with sand and lined with boulders.

All of these are a bit far for someone who just wants to take a photoshoot mid-con and then go to the next panel, though.

Photoshoot inside the aquarium might be awesome. o: I kind of want to do that.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Yes, but the aquarium costs 17$

the red lion hotel has some nice photo locations. Looks like europe and they have a london phone both inside.
The westlake center has an urban park with food and a pretty fountain.
The nordstrom has that bridge (go up to the fourth floor) and fish in tanks in the kids clothing section (on the fourth floor). Lemme see; there is also the freeway park.
Oh and the seattle center will have a new merry go round sort of thing. Look on the seattle center website. You can take the monorail from westlake center to the seattle center there and back for 4$.

On 2nd avenue and the corner of marion\marian is a gorgeous archway in front of a bus stop. Very archetecturially pleasing. As well as historic style brick buildings down that street.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #14
Apsara
all around bum..

I've walked from the convention center to the International District where there are a few leafy parks filled with bamboos and kitschy Asian decor. I did it in 4 inch stiletto heels too. It's directly South of the Convention center. It took me 15 minutes at a good pace...er...clack.

Directly West of the International District is Pioneer Square with its old world architecture, leafy parks with wrought iron benches and antique-style street lamps. The King Street Train Station is a very nice location too. It's between Pioneer Square and ID.

The subway bus system will get you to these places a lot faster. For free as long as you stay within downtown Seattle City limits.

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Never said it had to be a free location, though. o: It was just a thought anyway.

Pioneer Square has got nice architecture, but a lot of homeless hang around the area and may or may not come and either harass or just beg money from you and your group. It might be different now, but it was certainly a sketchy area the last times my friends and I went there.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14