Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 10-18-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
Akujin-sama

Advent Children - Cloud

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding how i'm going to do this.... mainly because there are no good pictures of his back. After going frame by frame through the trailer I was able to find where the belts that go over his shoulders connect back.... but the belts that go around on his right side, i can't see where they go.... also I don't know how any of the belts are connected on the back.... In the picture of cloud and sephiroth you can see two dangling from his back so i'm unsure since i didn't see any buckles on his back...

anyone have any better pictures/videos where you can acctually see something? or should I just guess for now and alter it once more is avalible?
Akujin-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #2
Chanté
da bananaz

I guess my suggestion would be just to wait till more pictures come out. The truth is, nobody else knows what his back looks like, and therefore, nobody could help you :/; (cause everyone only has the same trailer you have) I know this will put your costume on hold - maybe you could just buy the fabrics and materials and put them away for awhile. I mean, you COULD make it now if you wanted to, but you'll risk guessing the back totally wrong. ^^;

You have all the time in the world to make this costume, why not wait till you can make it right? ^^

Sailor-Jupiter.net | Cristina's Tiki Journal | Sailor JAM-boree

University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
~ Class of 2011!! ~
Chanté is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
SyntaxGlitch
Monochromechanicabalistic

Yeah. It's not a crime to cosplay something AFTER it's released, the armies of FFX-2 cosplayers to the contrary....
Unread 10-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
Seig Warheit
Banned

Well I suggest freeze framing the video. Go here for a better quality video than some of the ones I've seen. http://66.54.168.83/FF7%20-%20Advent...20Trailer.mpeg
Seig Warheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
Akujin-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seig Warheit
Well I suggest freeze framing the video. Go here for a better quality video than some of the ones I've seen. http://66.54.168.83/FF7%20-%20Advent...20Trailer.mpeg
The link doesn't work, I have 3 different versions of the trailer and none show anything when i freeze them.
Akujin-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 07:18 AM   #6
lainey
D2R Cosplay

basically because the characters move really fast, and it's dark.
i tried to freeze it and catch the materials myself
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2003, 08:33 AM   #7
cyborg_mermaid
SOS advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntaxGlitch
Yeah. It's not a crime to cosplay something AFTER it's released, the armies of FFX-2 cosplayers to the contrary....
Exactly, you can legitimately cosplay as a character only after you've experienced the character. For all we know Paine may be the bitchy character that everyone just hates for no reason. FFX-2 Yuna and Rikku I can understand, otherwise it shouldn't be done.
Unread 10-24-2003, 07:46 PM   #8
lainey
D2R Cosplay

i just went with a friend to purchase some advent cloud fabrics.

we bought some really heavy black fabric for that side cape thingy. it was really nice stuff...it flows nicely.

i'm still studying the trailer...but it's still difficult. maybe by december there will be more pics
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 01:27 PM   #9
Lyn
ginga bishonen

I agree wtih SyntaxGlitch and cyborg_mermaid, you really should wait until you actually see the movie before doing any cosplay for it.

I guess I can understand if you want to go ahead and start working on it, but first off, there really isn't enough images to accomplish a good accurate costume of any of the movie outfits right now. Its better to wait for more stuff.

Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I mean, I myself am planning on doing the costume too but I'm not going to even start working on it until after I've seen the movie, to make sure I really want to do it and all. Plus, I got a bit annoyed that so many people cosplayed FFX-2 before it even came out in Japan. That just shows that they're not really doing it because they love the characters or the game, but because they want to be the first people to do it.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote