Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AM²

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
MizuSenjutsu
Sleeping Bear

Official Passport and Hotels Announced!!

Site was updated with new info.

AM2 ANNOUNCES THE FAN’S OFFICIAL PASSPORT TO THE MOST ANTICIPATED AND HOTTEST FREE CONVENTION IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS SUMMER

Official Hotel Room Blocks Open at the Sheraton Park Anaheim and Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort with Room Nights Starting at $99.00/Night

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (January XX, 2011) –AM2 (pronounced: “A”, “M” “Squared”; July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center), is proud to announce the Official AM2 Passport-an attendees official interactive, discount, keep-sake, “Fast pass” ticket to AM2 Event Programs (i.e. Concerts, Masquerade, Autograph Sessions, workshops, panels, etc.) as well as priority seating for these events (on a first come first serve basis and based upon available seating). More info to come at www.am2con.org

With prices starting at $20.00 (US), the AM2 Passport will have features including an autograph section and an area in which Passport Holders can obtain “visiting” stamps (from participating exhibitors, events, activities, panels, workshops, etc.) to win some amazing prizes. In addition, Passport holders will be able to obtain some fantastic benefits and unbelievable discounts onsite and offsite including advanced entry to the AM2 Exhibit Hall for all three (3) days, Premiere entrance/seating in all main events (first come first serve basis), 40% off of Disneyland admission on the 4th of July and up to 20% off purchases at major retailers like Best Buy and Macy’s. Also, special events for Passport holders and AM2 Guests of Honors will be created to bring the fans closer to our domestic and international attending guests.

AM2 representative Chase Wang states, “We are so excited to be bringing the AM2 Passport to our attendees and partnering up with so many Southern California partners such as Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Best Buy and Medieval Times to bring more fun and value to our AM2 family! There is definitely more fun and more value with AM2!”

Official AM2 Hotel Room Blocks are also available for the Sheraton Park Anaheim (starting at $149.00 US/Night) and the Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort ($99.00 US/Night). Passport purchases are not necessary to obtain the special hotel rates. Attendees can register for their hotel rooms via the site or by calling either hotel (Sheraton Park Anaheim: (866) 716-8130; Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort: (714) 750-3131) and utilize the code “AM2”.

Onsite Benefits Include:
• One hour advanced entry into the AM2 Exhibit Hall for all 3 days
• Special discounts with participating Exhibit Hall exhibitors
• 15 game tokens for the Summer Festival
• Premiere entrance/seating in all main events (first come first serve basis)
• Premiere/fast-line for autograph lines, panels and workshops
• Special entry to private parties with select GoH's
• Discount admission to the Animaid Café

Offsite Benefits Include:
• Automatic Restaurant/Show Discounts within the area including: Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, Pirate’s Dinner Adventure, House of Blues, McCormick & Schmick’s Grille, Togo’s Eatery, Café de Sol, IHOP, JW’s Steakhouse, Tony Roma’s, Tortilla Jo’s and more
• Special Discounts with retailers including: Best Buy, Downtown Disney stores, Macy’s, The Block at Orange, The Shops at Anaheim Garden Walk, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, O’Neill and more
• Passport specific discounts at major theme-parks including: Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Wild Rivers Waterpark and more

A FULL list of all discounts can be found at http://www.am2con.org/registration/am2passport/benefits

About AM2
Located in Anaheim, California – AM2, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM2 will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.am2con.org
MizuSenjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Thanks so much for posting this information. Whoever started this Con, Thanks. AX is getting way to expensive for some people who can't go this year and knowing theres a another con they can go to still have:3 I'm planning on going this year to this one.

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

well AM2 doesnt seem to be any cheaper than AX is. but what i mean is if you want ALL 3 days for the PASSPORT it will run you $80.
each day goes like this

Day 1: $20 each
Day 2: $25 each
Day 3: $35 each

unless it is $35 for a 3 Day Badge. if thats how they ment it to be?
but they make it sound like the PASSPORT is such a really big Dicount thing to get into autographs quicker and main events, but you know people WILL spend money like 70% of people just to have the discounts, so your not really getting any favors Autograph,main event,and exhibit hall wise.

i guess people can still get in FREE? but yet i have not heard anything else bout it anywhere. so maybe am2 has decided ok time to start throwing out ways to bring in money from the Attendee's to pay for this (Convention) which of course is only right cause can't expect it to be Completely FREE right? afterall have to get money from somewhere to bring the GOH,Pay for Convention Center,ect.ect...

im not complaining,even if it sounds like i am im not. cause i am going to AM2con to support anyway i can and anyway my Wallet will allow me to support lol. cause it would be good to have Another Con in Southern California. but to bad it's on the same day and month as AX & SDCC. kinda hard to budget money for 2-3 cons in 1 month lol. Parking is what gets me i hate paying $18-$25 a day for Parking. errr...

AM2 should be announcing Guests soon also. unless they are waiting for AX to announce first?
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
AirWind

For a 3 Day Passport for AM2, it will have a total cost of: $35.00. It will NOT cost you the same amount each day for the convention. For a 2 Day passport, it costs $25, and for a 1 Day passport, it costs $20 dollars.

If you calculate the benefits, and actually use them, you will have the opportunity to pay back the actual cost of the Passport by availing of the discounts that it provides.

Disneyland alone, for a 1 Day Park pass, which costs $76.00, subtract the 40% discount, which is a discount of $30.00. This is an amazing deal, especially for guests who are out of state.

Honestly, not everyone has to get a Passport, and most likely, your chances, if you really wanted to get to a certain event, you would take the opportunity to do what you can to get to that event (getting in line earlier, planning ahead, and still increase your chances) Buying a passport will just enable you a even better ability.

Comparing the prices to AX, which is right at this moment $65.00 for a 4 Day pass (mind you, is the price till May 31, and will likely rise after that date for on-site purchases) makes the AM2 price a steal. Already, by attending AM2 for free, you have access to all the amenities such as karaoke, dance, arcade, table top rooms, and more. For AX, you had to pay for entry to them by purchasing a badge.

AM2 does indeed have GOH's in the line up, we will announce that as soon as we get the green light to do so.

Last edited by AirWind : 01-23-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Wording confusion.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
daylight
Sugar Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
You gain FREE access to all the other events, karaoke, dance, arcade, table top rooms, and more.
were gonna have to pay to get into those without a pass? D:
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
AirWind

My bad. I made it sound like that. I meant: "For AM2 you gain FREE access to all the other events, karaoke, dance, arcade, table top rooms, and more. For AX, you had to pay for entry to them by purchasing a badge." Doh!
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
MizuSenjutsu
Sleeping Bear

AM2 is free. The passport affords you several benefits. In particular food discounts. For those out of state and don't have the luxury of having their places nearby getting discounts at restaurants can alleviate the pain in the wallet.

Though an interesting perk would be the "Special entry to private parties with select GoH's".

I'm unsure how they will handle this, but I think this is a great way to bridge the industry to the fans.
MizuSenjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 04:57 AM   #8
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

even i was confused 35 each so i thought per day which kinda of made no sense since buying each day would seems cheaper lol.

35 for 3 days to get special deals and get special privileges sounds awesome and for those who don't want to spend the money don't need to and can still enjoy the event and that's just awesome especially the parties with GoH, but only if you want to and $35 is nothing when they say certain vendors will also be cheaper because.

Now we just wait for guests and events and I will be in heaven haha
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Maguma
Blazing Through Tommorrow

I can't wait to hear more~

Be sure to sign up for ALA 2015 Socal Cosplay Chess!!! Click here!!!
Come check out Socal Cosplay Chess on Facebook!!! Click here!!!
Maguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Thank you for clearing up my Question (AirWind) about the Passport Prices.

My thoughts are (AM2) will more than likely have XJapan or some member Plus Stan Lee. Only because i can't stop hearding about X Japan lately for the last 9 Months. They have a Comic out or coming out,Also All the members of XJapan have or are moving to Los Angeles (From what i heard) also they are planning another North American TOUR this year. so it would be hard not to see them at AM2.

Hotels : i dont think i'll be staying at one this year though i would like to. I might just Travel Hour half every day to and from. Unless of course i have the extra money to get a Hotel. would be nice to stay right across the street from AM2.

Also i will be getting a Passport, but i had 1 more Question?! (When i go to Registration Passport) and on the right it says password - is it asking for a password that i use for Forums or do i eneter a NEW password that i want to use for my Registration Account? kinda like when you register with AX they send you a 4 Digit Password to Access Concerts tickets and stuff to buy them???
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #11
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdedman View Post
Thank you for clearing up my Question (AirWind) about the Passport Prices.

My thoughts are (AM2) will more than likely have XJapan or some member Plus Stan Lee. Only because i can't stop hearding about X Japan lately for the last 9 Months. They have a Comic out or coming out,Also All the members of XJapan have or are moving to Los Angeles (From what i heard) also they are planning another North American TOUR this year. so it would be hard not to see them at AM2.

Hotels : i dont think i'll be staying at one this year though i would like to. I might just Travel Hour half every day to and from. Unless of course i have the extra money to get a Hotel. would be nice to stay right across the street from AM2.

Also i will be getting a Passport, but i had 1 more Question?! (When i go to Registration Passport) and on the right it says password - is it asking for a password that i use for Forums or do i eneter a NEW password that i want to use for my Registration Account? kinda like when you register with AX they send you a 4 Digit Password to Access Concerts tickets and stuff to buy them???
Hahaha there would be a sellout of passports if X Japan honestly did AM2 and a concert. 20 bucks for front row and if there is some kind of party with them you can imagine the hardcore fans would be there in a sec just for that.

But i sure there will be a good amount of guests, if AM2 went around working with disney, knotts, medieval times and tons of companies means hes got something huge planned for the inside as much as the outside.

Im thinking about just driving there everyday myself would just be that much cheaper with a bunch of friends in the car,
Unread 01-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
Official AM2 Hotel Room Blocks are also available for the Sheraton Park Anaheim (starting at $149.00 US/Night) and the Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort ($99.00 US/Night). Passport purchases are not necessary to obtain the special hotel rates. Attendees can register for their hotel rooms via the site or by calling either hotel (Sheraton Park Anaheim: (866) 716-8130; Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort: (714) 750-3131) and utilize the code “AM2”.
Just some quick notes about the difference between the two hotels...

The Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort is a bit closer to the convention center but it's a much older hotel that is in need of new renovations. The service from the front desk staff, as well as the cleaning staff isn't that all that great, and it may be due to current personnel issues & disputes with the current management. (It received more than a quite a few negative reviews recently.)

The Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort hotel is a much nicer & newer property, and the service from the hotel's staffers has gotten a lot of compliments from travelers. (Their rooms are also much larger than the Clarion.) The hotel has also gotten a lot of good reviews as well. It's also very close to the convention center.

Last edited by Hakaider : 01-24-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #13
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Never stayed at either of those hotels last one I stayed in for AX a few years back with the Motel 6 a few blocks down and was about 79.99 a night which was good back then, dunno what it is now but my only complaint was lack of locks on the restroom door which lead to a funny scene of a guy walking into my gf after she was done showering by pure accident.

But for me 99.99 would be nice if i fit like 5-6 ppl in a room because im only there to sleep so overall nothing else matters as long as its secure. So excited that line ups should be around the corner so my rooms would be filled quick.
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #14
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

My friends and I are really looking forward to this con. We've decided to move our Disneyland trip up thanks to the perks of the passports.

deviantArt account
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #15
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celcia View Post
My friends and I are really looking forward to this con. We've decided to move our Disneyland trip up thanks to the perks of the passports.
Hahha I was thinking the same thing, I convinced a few of my friends to join in at AM2 thou they still plan on checking out AX but since they are out of state going to Medieval times and Disneyland got them interested, especially since last day of AX is slow they decided to skip it for theme park perks lol.