Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AMē

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2011, 02:54 AM   #16
Morrissey
Insanely Popular

Well, we are only happening during July 1-3 so people can use the 4th to take advantage of the deals. I'm actually looking forward to going to Medieval Times since I have never been.

Unread 01-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #17
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Well, we are only happening during July 1-3 so people can use the 4th to take advantage of the deals. I'm actually looking forward to going to Medieval Times since I have never been.
I'm with you on that I haven't been in like 8 yrs so it be cool to go again. my birthday is on the 5th of July so I can just celebrate on the 4th cheaper with the 20-35 dollar passport XD.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #18
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

i have not been to Disney Land for 16 years. i went every year from when i was 7-12 so i think it got boring for me that's why i have not been since. but since there is a Discount Passport i think i'll have to go even if i stay only for 3-6 hours. might be fun though i don't go on many rides. I think just walking around and taking pictures will be fun enough for me!

Something i was Wondering - How long do the (Passport/Discounts) Last for? The rest of the year or only rest of the Month (July)?
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdedman View Post
i have not been to Disney Land for 16 years. i went every year from when i was 7-12 so i think it got boring for me that's why i have not been since. but since there is a Discount Passport i think i'll have to go even if i stay only for 3-6 hours. might be fun though i don't go on many rides. I think just walking around and taking pictures will be fun enough for me!?
Disneyland is one hell of a mess right now. A lot of rides are begin closed down for remodeling(There going to re-open them in the late 2011 or early 2012). California Adventures is the worst. The entrances is broad it up so you have to go in a long single line to get in. A lot of restaurant are closed down since there making them into new rides now...ugh so much broads are everywhere. Its more like BroadLand then Disneyland.

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 02:28 AM   #20
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
i have not been to Disney Land for 16 years. i went every year from when i was 7-12 so i think it got boring for me that's why i have not been since. but since there is a Discount Passport i think i'll have to go even if i stay only for 3-6 hours. might be fun though i don't go on many rides. I think just walking around and taking pictures will be fun enough for me!

Something i was Wondering - How long do the (Passport/Discounts) Last for? The rest of the year or only rest of the Month (July)?
My guess will be the passports will probably only last till the 4th since thats when they set up disneyland discount, so unless someone from AM2 can correct it I'll go with that, or you can ask at the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Baka Zaru View Post
Disneyland is one hell of a mess right now. A lot of rides are begin closed down for remodeling(There going to re-open them in the late 2011 or early 2012). California Adventures is the worst. The entrances is broad it up so you have to go in a long single line to get in. A lot of restaurant are closed down since there making them into new rides now...ugh so much broads are everywhere. Its more like BroadLand then Disneyland.
Really? My friends were there last week and said only 1 or 2 rides weren't working except towards closing when they got on, and personally I haven't even been to American Adventure ever and I live like 30 mins away, and did you mean Board? rather than Broad?

If not guess its Knotts and Medieval time for me.
Unread 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
Really? My friends were there last week and said only 1 or 2 rides weren't working except towards closing when they got on, and personally I haven't even been to American Adventure ever and I live like 30 mins away, and did you mean Board? rather than Broad?

If not guess its Knotts and Medieval time for me.
Oops I spell Board wrong. You mean 'California' Adventure, not 'American':P

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
Hetalia-Chan
Not Iceland, ice cream!!

I was planning to go to Anime Expo this year but reading the reviews what happen last year...yeah, I don't think so. Is this con actually "Free?"
Hetalia-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
Thymidine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetalia-Chan View Post
I was planning to go to Anime Expo this year but reading the reviews what happen last year...yeah, I don't think so. Is this con actually "Free?"
Indeed this con is 100% free. You only need to pay should you decide you want the benefits that they posted like the Disneyland Discount and stuff like priority line for autographs, but you can go in and out of things like concerts, dealers/exhibit hall, movie screenings, etc. for absolutely NO CHARGE
Thymidine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Cool beans, but the question is valid as to how long the theme park/restaurant (Medevil Times/Knotts/Disneyland) discounts are good for.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #25
Thymidine

The discounts are available from June 30th (if you pick up your passport Early) and will last until July 4th, giving you the 4th to do what you'd like with it.
Unread 02-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #26
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetalia-Chan View Post
The con had a lot of ups and downs as any con, it's good to be weary and know whats going on to enjoy your con, and great to know Thymidine nice to know it starts early and runs as long as I thought it did.

You have to like when you see "free" people think there is a catch and there is everything is free you just have to wait in line more and sit further in the back behind the people who buy the passport but even still thats a great deal for nothing.
Unread 02-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #27
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post

You have to like when you see "free" people think there is a catch and there is everything is free you just have to wait in line more and sit further in the back behind the people who buy the passport but even still that's a great deal for nothing.

Yea, just like when attending PMX the past couple years :
you can either buy a . Pit Ticket - Middle Ticket - or just get in FREE

The Room was not very Big so The people that got in FREE did not Suffer much from people in the way from seeing the Artist on Stage.

I have never been inside the Anaheim Convention Center let alone the room they Might be Holding the Concerts. So i wonder how many people it can fit and if the people was in back will have trouble seeing Artists on Stage? I know they will prob have a Big Screen up or something.

I was wondering, I know Parking has to prob due with the City?Most place's anyways, such as when i attend (SDCC). Does the Passport give us Discount Parking as well? (If we park at Anaheim Convention Center)?

I Like Free Stuff: as much as the next person! with work slow (construction) money is tight so Thank You AM2 for popping up this year for us little people!
Unread 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
Thymidine

Quote:
Yea, just like when attending PMX the past couple years :
you can either buy a . Pit Ticket - Middle Ticket - or just get in FREE

The Room was not very Big so The people that got in FREE did not Suffer much from people in the way from seeing the Artist on Stage.

I have never been inside the Anaheim Convention Center let alone the room they Might be Holding the Concerts. So i wonder how many people it can fit and if the people was in back will have trouble seeing Artists on Stage? I know they will prob have a Big Screen up or something.

I was wondering, I know Parking has to prob due with the City?Most place's anyways, such as when i attend (SDCC). Does the Passport give us Discount Parking as well? (If we park at Anaheim Convention Center)?

I Like Free Stuff: as much as the next person! with work slow (construction) money is tight so Thank You AM2 for popping up this year for us little people!
I'm hoping they announce their guests of honors soon, so I can see what kind of lineup they will have. If anything, there will probably be big screens in the rooms and I also hope that even the free people get pretty good seats I have heard that parking is being negotiated, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #29
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Parking is what kills my wallet when i attend Con's.

if im staying at a hotel, the hotel charges like $15-$25 a night
then if im not staying at a Con depending on where Parking Lots are they can Charge anywhere from $10-$25 depending on how close you are to con.

(sigh) since going to Con's i have always gone for Full Weekends Except last year at Sdcc only went 2 days, cause of the Parking Prices.

soo yea if Am2 can working something out with Parking that would be awesome little extra money we the people will prob spend on nearby Food or Exhibit hall! anything helps!
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #30
Hetalia-Chan
Not Iceland, ice cream!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymidine View Post
Indeed this con is 100% free. You only need to pay should you decide you want the benefits that they posted like the Disneyland Discount and stuff like priority line for autographs, but you can go in and out of things like concerts, dealers/exhibit hall, movie screenings, etc. for absolutely NO CHARGE
Alright then:3 Thanks for telling me, I wasn't sure if it was true or not.
Hetalia-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote