Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread Yesterday, 01:50 AM   #1
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Issue with boots

So, after a long hiatus due to depression and other issues, I'm slowly getting back into Lolita fashion. Slowly and surely building my wardrobe back up.. and I've run across one issue.

I want to wear Lolita when the weather gets colder, and as such I'm trying to plan for winter coords. I really like the look of boots with Lolita, problem is.. I have disgustingly huge calves. ( hah hah.. I didn't even realize it until my old roommate pointed out they were large, now I'm so self conscious about them it's not funny ) It's not fat.. I just well, I walk everywhere, therefore, I have a lot of leg muscle. My calves are about 16 inches at the widest part.

My shoe size is 10-11 depending on style and width, and although that is fairly large, I don't have too much of an issue finding shoes.. boots on the other hand. Hell even with boots in the USA it's like "Oh, you want to zip/lace these up? LOL that's cute, you're joking right? " Lolita boots are EXPENSIVE, so I'm a bit afraid of shelling out money on a cute pair of knee high boots only to find I can't get them on.

Does anyone have any experience with boots for larger calf sizes?

Ahah haa.. part of me is thinking about just DIY-ing my own boots using Angelus Leather paints and such. o3o;