Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Chibbi_Tea

Stick Harley Quinn's mask on your face?

Yiiooo guys!

I'm thinking of cosplaying as Harley Quinn for this year's convention. Problem is the costume I'm planning to buy has a really awfully mask! So I'm planning on either buying a new mask or making myself one. Could someone please tell me where can I buy an affordable glue for this mask? And what would be the approx price?

Oh oh! Also, would the glue work on Clown White Cream Foundation?

Thanks a lot!
Chibbi_Tea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
Chibbi_Tea

This is the costume I plan to buy btw. I'm sure you can agree with me on how awful the mask looks like... http://www.buycostumes.com/Gotham-Gi...uctDetail.aspx
Chibbi_Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
SailorEarth
I have many skills

Order some spirit gum along with your costume http://www.buycostumes.com/Spirit-Gu...uctDetail.aspx

I don't know how well it'd stick to your skin with the cream makeup on. I just wouldn't paint under the mask since no one will see it anyway, it'll stick just fine to clean skin.
SailorEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
catfetus

I don't think it would be noticeable if you just made the mask with straps (clear or not). Just make sure to put it on before you pull the hood over your head. If you wanted to do strapless then as SailorEarth said use spirit gum to stick it on and don't paint the areas you are going to be using the spirit gum on.

As far as making it goes, simple leather masks are apparently relatively easy to make and very nice quality (but you'd have to buy a leather cutting tool in addition to the leather itself so the cost probably wouldn't be worth it if you are looking for something cheap):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obE333UphPg
If you want to buy a leather mask there are a ton of people who make and sell them, but they tend to be a bit pricey (you could probably find a simple black one for cheaper).
And pretty much anything can be made out of craft foam if you want to go that route.
catfetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

I've made my Robin masks out of foam and then painted it with a gloss paint. They look fine honestly. As to sticking them on, spirit gum as other people have said and if you go the foam route (not sure it'll work on leather) but you can use topstick or any kind of toupee tape to adhere it to your face.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
D is Nefarious
D is Nefarious

I ordered my mask from Xtreme Design FX. It's pricey ($35) but the price was worth it in the quality of the mask.

I would advise not to use spirit gum. In the past, I've had nothing but issues with it! I live by liquid latex, whether it's the Harley mask or for a prosthetic.
D is Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
daylight
Sugar Junkie

spirit gum, but DONT GET IT ON YOUR EYEBROWS!!! it wont come out (it will eventually, but its better to just avoid)

or liquid latex, but it wont hold as well
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
D is Nefarious
D is Nefarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight View Post
spirit gum, but DONT GET IT ON YOUR EYEBROWS!!! it wont come out (it will eventually, but its better to just avoid)

or liquid latex, but it wont hold as well
Quick trick for the eyebrows, try the glue stick method! Sure, it'll take longer for the make up process, but in the event that spirit gum/latex drips into your eyebrows, your less likely to rip them off.

Ugh, had that happen to me (not the whole eyebrow, ee gads!) but a few hairs got ripped in the process. Not fun!
D is Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #9
CRUNCH-o-dactyl
Crunch munch munch!

Vaseline (petroleum jelly) will also protect your eyebrows, I believe. Just put a thin layer on before you apply spirit gum or liquid latex.
CRUNCH-o-dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote