Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Jojobongos

Ellis Help!

Hi, I'm completely new to the cosplay/convention scene and need some help on making an Ellis costume! As stupid as this sounds, the only question is have is understanding Ellis' pants. Seriously. Is he wearing

1. Coveralls that have the top rolled down and tied to his waist
or
2. Coveralls with the top half unzipped and tied to his waist.

I've never owned coveralls so I don't even know if they are capable of #2.

Finally, any suggestions where to start shopping? I know, google, but if anyone has a particular starting point that would be great. I've seen lots of awesome Ellis costumes (plenty on this site too) but it seems like everyone on the planet except me understands how to make the pants.
Jojobongos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Seiten Taisei
Mama Witch

Option one.
He wears simple working overalls that you can find at uniform shop, goodwill/thrift stores, sometimes even walmart.

~{Seiten Taisei's Deviant Art}~
~{Founder of SoS Cosplay/SoS Outfitters}~
~{Owner and Queen of Thieves of Steam Paradigm}~
~Future Cosplay~

Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, The Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner- 20% Done
Not the Action Figure Version.
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron,- 10% Done
For my husband.

Seiten Taisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
Bwentali

Seiten got it right, so no comment there.

all I wanna say is remember the tat! put it on with sharpie or finger paint if you gotta.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2390182/

it's all the little details...
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Pvt sleepy

Go to the Valve store. They have his hat and shirt. This is why I love Left 4 dead cosplay. The game is great and the characters are unbeatable, and the costumes are easy to make.

Last edited by Pvt sleepy : 08-04-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Pvt sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
Slayer Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt sleepy View Post
Go to the Valve store. They have his hat and shirt. This is why I love Left 4 dead cosplay. The game is great and the characters are unbeatable, and the costumes are easy to make.
Is that really what the shirt looks like? Isnt it less acurate since its not a "ringer" style?

Anyone know of a place that i might be able to custom make a ringer shirt? I cant seem to find a place with the right colors.

oh and ringer means having those rings around the neck and sleves. brown ones in this case
Slayer Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
gcnkirby

Don't get the shirt from the valve store if it's for cosplay. The picture is way to small. I've seen people with them. It just looks too small. . .
Unread 10-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #7
punkynotemo
Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcnkirby View Post
Don't get the shirt from the valve store if it's for cosplay. The picture is way to small. I've seen people with them. It just looks too small. . .
Thank you so much, I was going to buy it from the Valve store but now that I've asked around after reading your comment, I think I'll have to make my own.
punkynotemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
Hasn't-a-name
Hellevator Raver

Well, with my Ellis I have the coveralls unzipped to a point, and then rolled down and tied. (Granted, I'm only 5'3>_>) Definitely look at goodwill/thrift stores for them(as seiten said), mine only cost me five dollars, as opposed to the 25+ it would have cost online.
Shirt: nappykit (deviantart) has drawn out the logo and allowed cosplayers to use it, provided they give credit. Just print it off(after resizing) and use an iron on transfer sheet, though you might want to redit out the background, as it is yellow and won't corrospond with the color of the shirt. As for the shirt itself, take a plain white shirt and soak it overnight in coffee. I found that leaving some of the actual grounds themselves in helps too, as they gather on the fabric and leave stains, which definitely helps with accuracy. Just, soak the shirt in a diluted coffee mixture until you are satisfied and add approx. one tablespoon of vinegar to the mixture in order to bind the color to the fabric. The ringer style can be achieved by sewing or hot gluing strips of brown fabric around the sleeves and collar.
Hat: i found an old baseball cap, removed the existing logo, and filled in the holes with a matching blue fabric. The patch can be made by taking blue fabric and either sewing or gluing it into a rectangular shape. White fabric paint can then be used to make the towtruck logo.
Weapons: Surprisingly, you can find some pretty decent toy guns at walmart(and some dollarstores..the things kids play with today>_>) that, when spraypainted, serve as amazing props.

Last edited by Hasn't-a-name : 10-14-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Hasn't-a-name is offline   Reply With Quote