Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Unread 02-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
gloomybear

Youmacon 2011?

Alright, so I'm not sure exactly if Youmacon 2011 is a go... but I'm just quessing it is, because it is so popular~
Anyways, If you plan on going to Youmacon 2011 (if it is a go)...
Then what cosplays might you consider creating, buying, or bringing back?
I know it is rather far away but time will go by fast!
And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about it, being that Youmacon 2010 was a freaking blast!
:3
gloomybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Lili♥Bunny♥

Currently my gang and I are being Characters from Kuroshitsuji. Im the shortest of the group I am playing Ciel and Maybe Another Character...
Lili♥Bunny♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
gloomybear

Really! That's so cool :]
I love that series so much, and I was really happy to see all of the cosplays of them that were at Youma last year. They really made the photoshoot a lot of fun, even for someone like me that was just snapping pictures!
I was actually considering cosplaying either Sebby, Grell, Undertaker, or William(Grell's superior).
I think it'll have to wait for me though, I have Kisuke Urahara to finish up with accessories and also I'm too intrigued by the new-ish show Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
Gahh, Youmacon is months away and I'm already super pumped for it!
Unread 02-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

I'm bringing back Ballgown!Ciel with a vengeance (aka spruced up a lot), as well as Soul from Soul Eater, Stein, and perhaps something from Trinity Blood.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

The Suikoden turnout was so good last year that I think I'm going to make Leknaat for this year. I hope we get a big group again!

Aside from that, who knows... since Youma's closer than most cons I go to, sometimes I pull out a big costume that would be annoying on long car rides. So something with armor or some sort of weird structure... or huge props.
Unread 02-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Aearon

I'm not sure I'll be in the state then... But, if I am... I'll be going as Tensa Zangetsu for at least one day. I hope to have a Cloud cosplay done by then as well. =)
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
sakurakenji

I'll be back at youmacon again like I always am. Plus this year it falls over my birthday, so of course I'll be partying it up. lol ^^ For cosplays I have three main ones I need to get done and one I'd like to get a new wig for.
The cosplays I'm planning are Stocking from Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt, Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon, and the third one's a secret. Then I'm hoping to get a new wig for my Mai Valentine Cosplay.
sakurakenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
stinkulousreddo
Big Stinky Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurakenji View Post
I'll be back at youmacon again like I always am. Plus this year it falls over my birthday, so of course I'll be partying it up. lol ^^
Is it really going to be your brithdae? 8) In the pretty-likely event I come again, I'll bring you a goodie! 8)

Definitely Attending:
-KamiCon (Tuscaloosa, AL)- February 2012
-Khaotic Kon (Tampa, FL)- April 2012

Maybe Attending:
-EXP Con (St. Augustine, FL)- October 2011
-Youmacon (Detroit, MI)- November 2011

http://stinkulousreddous.deviantart.com
stinkulousreddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
sakurakenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkulousreddo View Post
Is it really going to be your brithdae? 8) In the pretty-likely event I come again, I'll bring you a goodie! 8)
Yes it is over my birthday, it'll fall on the Saturday of the con. Remember Remember the fifth of November. ^^And thanks you're so sweet.

http://bittersweetmyu.proboards.com

I do commissions here's my deviantart : http://sakurakenji.deviantart.com

My facebook art page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sakura...9224830?ref=ts
sakurakenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
gloomybear

Heh, I'm so excited ^^
You all have wonderful things planned~
I'll hopefully have multiple cosplays from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and I hope San from Princess Mononoke... not sure if I shared this already but I suppose there's no harm in restating something x)
Unread 03-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
Nutcracker
of the NOTN

I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend Youmacon this year but I'm really really hoping I can! I've never been before so I'm really excited!
Nutcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
sailormoon4life

This will be my first youmacon and I'll be bringing PGSM Sailor Venus and Belle (blue dress) from Beauty and the Beast.
sailormoon4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
GeneralLink
loving this

Going obviously, and I'm going as human form of Amaterasu from Okami in human form. It's based off of an original design I created. I'm also making an Oki costume for my boy friend who's going, a Sakuya costume for one of my friends as a present and helping another with her Waka costume. So the giant Okami caravan you see on saturday will be me XD
GeneralLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
divinity statue

I went for my first time last year and am DEFINITELY coming back again this year, bringing along the Zephie costume that I meant to have completed last year but didn't If I had the funds I'd make another but I don't, sadly. My boyfriend is joining me with his 6'6" tall Minecraft creeper costume. Can't wait to see how that goes down By the way, if anybody else is going as a Magna Carta 2 character I'd love to know!
divinity statue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
atemluver
07 Ghost? 07 ghost.

i'm going as frau from 07 ghost (casual) and my two friends are going as castor and labrador (bishop) i havent started my costume yet.....(//_ _) or the schythe for that matter. does anyone know at what time on friday would be the best to check in for a hotel room? because those elavators are insane!
atemluver is offline   Reply With Quote