Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 03-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
lalalandforyou

No clue what group cosplay to do?

So me, my dad and my brother are going to San Diego Comic Con this year and we don't know what to be. I'm a 13 year old girl, my brother is 22, and my dad is in his forties. Any ideas? We are open to anything.
Thanks.
lalalandforyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
Danteisagenius
One. Crazy. Bat.

If you're all into games, fighting games are great targets for group cosplays with a diverse age range!

I'm 19, and I cosplayed as Fem. Vergil last year at Youmacon. My older sister went (in her twenties) as Trish. My "Tweenage" brother went as Albert Wesker, and my Dad (in his forties also) went as Ghost Rider. As it turns out, we all cosplayed as characters from Capcom's Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Games like Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat and other fighting games give you a large selection of characters to choose from, and usually have characters with various ages. So they're fantastic for group cosplays that involve multiple generations. HEhehehehehe.... also, ask your dad about Rampage. You could go as Lizzy, George, and Ralph, since there's three of you!!

If you're not into games, cartoon characters that your dad may be familiar with could be fun. Disney is usually something everyone can find a costume idea from. Then there's Looney Toons, and Pokemon too.

My suggestion? Sit down and figure out something you're all interested in, and plan from there. You don't really want to spend a ton of time and money on a costume that your heart's not totally into. I have a video that I just posted today, ironically, on my YouTube channel that's all about figuring out who to cosplay. It's a bit long... And I'm a bit of a scatter brain... but you can feel free to watch it, if you want. It's called 15 Cosplay Questions.

Good luck with figuring things out! I hope I helped you somewhat? So glad to see another family cosplay group out there though! You guys have fun!

(P.S. Don't be afraid to message me through my YouTube or Facebook Page if you ever have any questions! I love helping people!!!!! )

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects (Clickable):
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-Vergil Genderbend (Devil May Cry 3)

__________________________________________________ _____________
Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
YouTube
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
QSAlois
Queen*Strawberry*Alois

You could do a last of us cosplay and have your brother be a clicker or runner !!
QSAlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

If your brother is taller than you, and you're open to crossplay, you guys could do what my group does. Sora, Riku and Xemnas. It works becasue Sora looks young, Riku looks older, and Xemnas IS about "their dad" kind of age.
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote