Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 07-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
PKO

Ruby Crescent Rose: To transform to Not to transform

Having trouble as to what to do with my Crescent rose.

I really want to make it transform, but I want it to also be very stable so I can swing it around.

What do you guys think? Should I attempt to try and make it transform?Im torn as to what to do! The solid Scythe looks amazing as it is but having it transform would be really neat as well.

Any thoughts? Or any experience here with making props that fold etc? How solid are they?
PKO is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
Dieselpunk

I have seen a video on youtube of a converting crescent rose that transforms from the fully folded version that Ruby wears on her belt to the fully expanded version. The maker of the video stated that the entire process of unfolding takes 2 hours in real life.

I understand the desire to have a folding version considering how large and unwieldy a full size crescent rose is, but the complexity and the need for moving parts, good tolerances and the use of some materials that may not be con-safe would veer me away from making a transforming version.

The only "special" features I would do are a removable magazine, for show purposes, and a removable head for transportation purposes.
Dieselpunk is offline   Reply With Quote