Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 05-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
setsuna77
setsuna

Exclamation Shiina Angel Beats Help!

I'm trying to make a cosplay of Shiina from Angel Beats but I have this slight color problem. Okay so I extracted the color from this design on photoshop and it says purple-blue but it looks more purple on the skirt. But everyone I've seen in photos and on the nendroids have done blue skirts. I'm still scared about being accurate. I want to go with what the eye dropper picked up on photoshop but I've seen everyone else in cosplay photos do blue. Help ? This is the photo I used for reference.

Thanks for the help everyone !! Really appreciate it.

Last edited by setsuna77 : 05-28-2014 at 11:26 PM.
setsuna77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
setsuna77
setsuna

bump....
Unread 05-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #3
kandell
the cookie angel

You could always custome dye the fabric? Like mix purple and blue to get more of a light indigo?

Anime Iowa '14
Asuna Yuuki
Ren Hakuei
Sam Manson

Nebraskon '14
Erza Scarlet
Sailor Moon
Femme!Simon Tam
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Visage
Founder of Across

Greetings setsuna77,

According to that reference photo, in no way does that skirt look blue to me. It looks like a cool purple (on the blue side of purple, as opposed to the red side of purple). If it were me, I'd either dye fabric to match (if it's a fabric that takes dye) or try to find a close color match in the fabric type I chose.
Visage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
setsuna77
setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandell View Post
You could always custome dye the fabric? Like mix purple and blue to get more of a light indigo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
Greetings setsuna77,

According to that reference photo, in no way does that skirt look blue to me. It looks like a cool purple (on the blue side of purple, as opposed to the red side of purple). If it were me, I'd either dye fabric to match (if it's a fabric that takes dye) or try to find a close color match in the fabric type I chose.

Thank you so much for replying you guys! Umm it's my first cosplay so I have never attempted to dye fabric..> < How would you two dye fabric?
Unread 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
kitee

I think it's blue in other pictures?
http://www.angelbeats.jp/chara/
If you click on Shiina's picture, it's the same picture as your scan, but the colour shows more blue.
But it you wanted to do purple it should be fine, I have a few cosplays where the colour changes every reference picture so I didn't know what colour to make the cosplay...

For fabric dying, maybe try this thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=227414
kitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
setsuna77
setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitee View Post
I think it's blue in other pictures?
http://www.angelbeats.jp/chara/
If you click on Shiina's picture, it's the same picture as your scan, but the colour shows more blue.
But it you wanted to do purple it should be fine, I have a few cosplays where the colour changes every reference picture so I didn't know what colour to make the cosplay...

For fabric dying, maybe try this thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=227414
Oh okay maybe I'll look into that photo then. > < Fabric color choosing is so difficult. But thank you for the dyeing thread. It looks really helpful. I'm re-looking into the photo and I think the closest match is lavender. ^^; wish me luck..